Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Chicago's 10/13 Update - Week 6 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54122)

ChicagoBearsVet23 10-13-2012 02:21 AM

Chicago's 10/13 Update - Week 6

1. Browns - Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
2. Jaguars - Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
3. Chiefs - Matt Barkley, QB, USC
4. Titans - Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
5. Raiders - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
6. Saints - Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU
7. Panthers -Jonathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
8. Buccaneers - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
9. Lions - Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
10. Jets - Keenan Allen, WR, Cal
11. Dolphins - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
12. Rams - Eric Reid, S, LSU
13. Packers - Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
14. Broncos - Manti Te'o. LB, Notre Dame
15. Bills - Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
16. Steelers - Jackson Jeffcoat, DE/OLB, Texas
17. Colts - Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
18. Cowboys - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
19. Rams - Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
20. Giants - John Jenkins, DT, Georgia
21. Bears - Barrett Jones, OG, Alabama
22. Chargers - Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
23. Eagles - Jonathan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
24. Bengals - Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina
25. Vikings - Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
26. Seahawks - Jake Mathews, OT, Texas A&M
27. Cardinals - Corey Lemonier, DE, Auburn
28. Patriots - T.J. McDonald, S, USC
29. 49ers - David Amerson, CB, North Carolina State
30. Ravens - Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
31. Texans - Robert Woods, WR, USC
32. Falcons - Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame

vidae 10-13-2012 02:32 AM

Sad day when Geno Smith goes one pick before us, but I guess Barkley is a solid consolation prize.

ChiFan24 10-13-2012 05:39 AM

Maybe it's just me, but I think Eifert would help us a lot more than a guard.

indyfan1985 10-13-2012 08:00 AM

Give the Colts OG Chance Warmack. They are needing OL help way more than WR help, and with the Titans drafting Star Lotulelei in your draft, they will need someone who can block him along with opening holes for the run game.

SuperPacker 10-13-2012 08:05 AM

Right now, the Packers don't have a need for offensive tackle. Bryan Bulaga is the right tackle and we have Derek Sherrod, who's injured at the moment. Plus that would make it our 3rd offensive tackle in 4 years, which is kind of depressing.

princefielder28 10-13-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPacker (Post 3148275)
Right now, the Packers don't have a need for offensive tackle. Bryan Bulaga is the right tackle and we have Derek Sherrod, who's injured at the moment. Plus that would make it our 3rd offensive tackle in 4 years, which is kind of depressing.

Yeah, offensive tackle is nowhere near a first round need for the Packers. Marshall Newhouse may not be great but Ted Thompson will not invest another first rounder on the tackle position, especially with how awful our defense continues to perform.

Manti Te'o would be a tremedous addition to the middle of the defense and with Desmond Bishop returning next season that would give the team two impact players at ILB.

SuperPacker 10-13-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princefielder28 (Post 3148277)
Yeah, offensive tackle is nowhere near a first round need for the Packers. Marshall Newhouse may not be great but Ted Thompson will not invest another first rounder on the tackle position, especially with how awful our defense continues to perform.

Manti Te'o would be a tremedous addition to the middle of the defense and with Desmond Bishop returning next season that would give the team two impact players at ILB.

Didn't realise he was still on the board, but yeah, Te'o is a no brainer there.

Matthew Jones 10-13-2012 09:10 AM

T.J. McDonald would be a good pick if Patrick Chung departs at the end of the season. New England drafted Tavon Wilson in the second round last year to man one of the safety positions, and he has accounted for four turnovers in five games as a rotational player.

thebow305 10-13-2012 12:41 PM

Werner's not bad, but I would prefer Justin Hunter as a Dolphins fan. We need a #1 receiver worse than a DE.

Hurricanes25 10-13-2012 01:19 PM

Keenan Allen is a good pick for the Jets.

RaiderNation 10-13-2012 01:44 PM

CB is our weakest position, but I still think adding a pass rusher is what this defense as a whole really needs. Mingo, Montgomery and Werner could all be in play if we go that route.

SickwithIt1010 10-13-2012 02:22 PM

Damn Dee Milliner is good enough to go twice in the first round. That guy is gonna make bank

rawdawg 10-14-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiFan24 (Post 3148263)
Maybe it's just me, but I think Eifert would help us a lot more than a guard.

It's just you. The Bears have already changed from Spencer to Rachal at LG, and I think both are FAs (terrible also) after the season. Bears are 11-4 with Cutler and no TE the last 2 years. TE is a luxury. OL is a necessity whether at LT, LG, or C (oh and Carimi hasn't been very good either at RT).

bucfan12 10-14-2012 12:10 PM

Bucs need to take a QB. Tyler Wilson Please....

ChiFan24 10-14-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rawdawg (Post 3149435)
It's just you. The Bears have already changed from Spencer to Rachal at LG, and I think both are FAs (terrible also) after the season. Bears are 11-4 with Cutler and no TE the last 2 years. TE is a luxury. OL is a necessity whether at LT, LG, or C (oh and Carimi hasn't been very good either at RT).

You can make the same exact argument about Cutler's record without a LG. We went to the NFCCG the year prior with no O-line, and we happened to have a pretty solid TE. People have been bitching about the O-line forever now, but outside of a couple bad early season games, it hasn't stopped the Bears from being pretty damn good. All Cutler and the O-line has ever needed is some level of commitment to the running game to get in a rhythm and keep D-linemen from pinning their ears back. It's never been the pressing issue that Bears fans make it out to be, IMO.

So.....that's not to say I wouldn't love an upgrade on the O-line, preferably at LT, but I don't see how a first round LG is going to help the Bears be a better team than a TE that can actually exploit a 1 on 1 against a linebacker and catch the ball without falling to the ground like an idiot. A discussion for a different thread, I guess.

jared3 10-14-2012 03:18 PM

G Chance Warmack for the Colts please. And Indy will be picking in the top 10. Book it.

JagWired32 10-14-2012 11:23 PM

Sign me up, I would love Geno in Black. (yes, that is our new primary color, sounds weird lol).

rawdawg 10-16-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiFan24 (Post 3149886)
You can make the same exact argument about Cutler's record without a LG. We went to the NFCCG the year prior with no O-line, and we happened to have a pretty solid TE. People have been bitching about the O-line forever now, but outside of a couple bad early season games, it hasn't stopped the Bears from being pretty damn good. All Cutler and the O-line has ever needed is some level of commitment to the running game to get in a rhythm and keep D-linemen from pinning their ears back. It's never been the pressing issue that Bears fans make it out to be, IMO.

So.....that's not to say I wouldn't love an upgrade on the O-line, preferably at LT, but I don't see how a first round LG is going to help the Bears be a better team than a TE that can actually exploit a 1 on 1 against a linebacker and catch the ball without falling to the ground like an idiot. A discussion for a different thread, I guess.

I see your point. I just hate the thought of taking a TE in the first round. It's just not a high value position. Maybe guard isn't either, as there are a lot of mid-to-late round OGs starting, but I think it's more of a need for the Bears. I'd rather take a Jordan Reed, CJ Fiedorwicz (if they come out) or Chris Gragg in the middle rounds. But Reed and Gragg are undersized just like Evan Rodriguez. I'd rather move ERod away from FB and give him a shot at TE, than spend draft picks for 2 straight years on the position. Especially when the team could use 3 OL, 1-2 LBs, and depth at CB and DL (looking at the pending FAs).