Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Dontari Poe (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54135)

T-RICH49 10-15-2012 02:22 AM

Dontari Poe
 
ok 5 games in how would you guys evaluate his progress so far?I feel like even though he still makes some mistakes out there I feel like he's getting better each week.He's surplanted Toribio as starting NT.Obviously still a lot he needs to improve but he's progressing nicely IMO anyway. Thoughts?

villagewarrior 10-15-2012 08:13 AM

I'm not quite ready to say I was wrong about Poe, but I'm getting to that point. He hasn't made any impact plays yet, but he shows the power and athleticism that perhaps he will be able to make impact plays in the future. I've seen more out of Poe in 6 short games than I have out of Tyson Jackson in 4 years.

vidae 10-15-2012 08:46 AM

Yeah, I gotta agree here. I don't think he's omg amazing or anything yet, but he has shown flashes. It takes a while to get used to the NT position, but I think he is showing that he's up to the task. I like him a lot.

TonyGfortheTD 10-16-2012 01:01 PM

Same as I thought earlier. We're playing him in the wrong scheme.

This Defense should of started one gapping awhile ago.

Splat 09-08-2013 03:29 PM

Is a Man!!!!!!

vidae 09-08-2013 04:53 PM

He is a beast!

TheMatriculator 09-08-2013 06:53 PM

He is a monster.

Pioli must be proud.

TonyGfortheTD 09-09-2013 12:38 AM

Pioli can **** off.

T-RICH49 09-09-2013 02:25 AM

man I still vividly remember him pushing the interior of JAX's OL back into Gabbert for his solo sack. man was a beast

onejayhawk 09-17-2013 11:28 AM

Poe blew up the Dallas line for a quarter. He demands constant double teams.

J

TheMatriculator 09-17-2013 01:00 PM

Who expected that after the first two weeks, the Chiefs would lead the league in sacks (4 way tie) and Poe would lead the Chiefs.

Yes, I know its only week 2 but after last year, I'm going to enjoy every good thing that happens.

onejayhawk 09-17-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMatriculator (Post 3449315)
Who expected that after the first two weeks, the Chiefs would lead the league in sacks (4 way tie) and Poe would lead the Chiefs.

Yes, I know its only week 2 but after last year, I'm going to enjoy every good thing that happens.

Oh! Oh! I Know this one.

People that paid attention knew that Poe was going to be a beast. He's both explosive and sudden.

Vick and company will show us some more. The Eagles do not ahve a WR to match Bryant, but they run much better than Dallas.

J

villagewarrior 09-23-2013 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onejayhawk (Post 3449353)
Oh! Oh! I Know this one.

People that paid attention knew that Poe was going to be a beast. He's both explosive and sudden.

Vick and company will show us some more. The Eagles do not ahve a WR to match Bryant, but they run much better than Dallas.

J

I pay attention and I had questions about his motor and lack of productivity against far inferior competition. I'm glad he has proven me wrong thus far, and I hope he can keep it up for the duration as he has an Haloti Ngata type impact in the trenches.

DoughBoy 09-24-2013 01:18 PM

He is about the only good thing to come from Memphis, I can tell you that much.

onejayhawk 09-26-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoughBoy (Post 3455561)
He is about the only good thing to come from Memphis, I can tell you that much.

Derrick Rose, BarBQ ribs, Jazz

Or, were you talking just football?

J

onejayhawk 09-26-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagewarrior (Post 3454242)
I pay attention and I had questions about his motor and lack of productivity against far inferior competition. I'm glad he has proven me wrong thus far, and I hope he can keep it up for the duration as he has an Haloti Ngata type impact in the trenches.

Those were valid concerns. He could have been an inconsistent beast, or a short winded one. Desire matters a lot at DT.

J


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.