Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Who is the Best TE in the Draft? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54254)

JohnCandy 10-25-2012 03:36 PM

Who is the Best TE in the Draft?
 
Who is the best TE in the draft?

Where do you expect them to get picked?

How do they compare to previous years?

Babylon 10-25-2012 03:40 PM

Tyler Eifert and then a big drop off for me. Underclassmen Colt Lyerla and Austin Sefarian-Jenkins could be better even better by 2014.

SolidGold 10-25-2012 03:48 PM

Eifert is the best TE in the draft, I think Ertz and the other stanford kid Tovilo are all solid too.

JohnCandy 10-25-2012 04:12 PM

Are Eifert and Ertz better prospects than Coby Fleener was last season?


Some of the draft guys last year said Fleener was the 3rd best TE on his team at Stanford.

What is the quick scouting report on Ertz and Eifert?

G Mobile 10-25-2012 06:16 PM

Fleener > Ertz > Toilolo for me.

Fleener made more explosive plays. He was our best deep threat last year and could really work the seam. Toilolo is crazy tall but I don't think he has enough explosion to be that successful at the next level.

Razor 10-25-2012 07:35 PM

Eifert is clearly the top TE tight now. I also like Fauria from UCLA. Can't teach size...

PossibleCabbage 10-25-2012 10:15 PM

TE who goes first in the draft? Eifert.

Draft eligible TE who has the best NFL career, call me crazy but I'll go with C.J. Fiedorowicz out of Iowa. That Hawkeye passing game is painful to watch, but he's got Gronkowskiesque upside (and he's probably less of a knucklehead.)

He's a Jr., but he's not going to win a ring next year at Iowa, and if the DAC loves him like I expect they will, why not come out?

phlysac 10-25-2012 10:59 PM

Lyerla in 2014.

AntoinCD 10-26-2012 01:34 PM

I really like Toilolo actually. He's just a huge target. May never end up more than a red zone guy but that's not a bad thing.

Eifert is far and away the best TE this year IMO and I would have picked him over Fleener last year

AntoinCD 10-26-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage (Post 3163631)
TE who goes first in the draft? Eifert.

Draft eligible TE who has the best NFL career, call me crazy but I'll go with C.J. Fiedorowicz out of Iowa. That Hawkeye passing game is painful to watch, but he's got Gronkowskiesque upside (and he's probably less of a knucklehead.)

He's a Jr., but he's not going to win a ring next year at Iowa, and if the DAC loves him like I expect they will, why not come out?

Gronk isn't a "knucklehead"! I really don't get this whole thing where people think he is. He partied the night of the Superbowl loss. Yeah, so do a lot of players. He had his photo taken with a porn star. It's not like he acted in a film with her. He has been in the media and doing things but none of them are over the top, crazy, dangerous etc

descendency 10-26-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3163946)
Gronk isn't a "knucklehead"! I really don't get this whole thing where people think he is. He partied the night of the Superbowl loss. Yeah, so do a lot of players. He had his photo taken with a porn star. It's not like he acted in a film with her. He has been in the media and doing things but none of them are over the top, crazy, dangerous etc

Gronk is your prototypical (to the point of being a caricature almost) drunk fratboy.

AntoinCD 10-26-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by descendency (Post 3163954)
Gronk is your prototypical (to the point of being a caricature almost) drunk fratboy.

Yeah to the point where he goofs around etc, however I see a certain stigma being attached to him by a lot of people. What he has done has in no way affected his football career, therefore I don't see why it's an issue

PossibleCabbage 10-26-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by descendency (Post 3163954)
Gronk is your prototypical (to the point of being a caricature almost) drunk fratboy.

That is what I meant when I said "knucklehead". Which is to say that he's not a bad citizen and he's generally harmless, you're just somewhat circumspect about his judgement from time to time.

AntoinCD 10-26-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage (Post 3163959)
That is what I meant when I said "knucklehead". Which is to say that he's not a bad citizen and he's generally harmless, you're just somewhat circumspect about his judgement from time to time.

Yeah I think I am more preturbed by media types who talked all off season about how he wasn't taking things seriously enough etc. I think the thing with him is he will do a few things were you go "ooooh Gronk what are you doing?" etc but all in all it's just silly things. When I think knucklehead in terms of NFL players I tend to think more of the lines of Janoris Jenkins etc

niel89 10-26-2012 04:26 PM

Maybe meathead is a better term for Gronk then. Not the brightest guy, but he is good natured and just wants to play football, workout, and have fun. Everyone loves him. He is pretty much a super bro

Scott Wright 10-26-2012 08:08 PM

I concur that it's Eifert by a decent margin.

Stanford's Zach Ertz would probably be next on my board, although I like Dion Sims of Michigan St. too. Stanford's Levine Toilolo would be in that second tier conversation as well.

ATLDirtyBirds 10-26-2012 08:18 PM

1. Eifert
2. Toilolo
3. Ertz


I like Fauria, but the dude just cannot block.

Scott Wright 10-26-2012 08:29 PM

Kind of goes to show how bad the crop of senior tight ends are that there isn't even one if the discussion. My sleeper is Nick Kasa of Colorado. Raw but talented with huge upside.

TheSchmidt 10-28-2012 02:20 AM

Zach Sudfeld is pretty impressive out of Nevada. He is a sixth year senior due to injuries, but has good size and receiving skills for the position.

JohnCandy 11-29-2012 08:40 AM

What do people think about Gavin Escobar from San Diego St?

He looks like he could be the type of guy who moves into the 2nd round if he tests well.

ph90702 11-29-2012 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G Mobile (Post 3163308)
Fleener > Ertz > Toilolo for me.

Fleener made more explosive plays. He was our best deep threat last year and could really work the seam. Toilolo is crazy tall but I don't think he has enough explosion to be that successful at the next level.

You don't need to be explosive when you're 6'8". In redzone situations, he'll have at least 6 inches on whoever is guarding him. Also, isn't he a junior?

Cardinal96 11-29-2012 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph90702 (Post 3194947)
You don't need to be explosive when you're 6'8". In redzone situations, he'll have at least 6 inches on whoever is guarding him. Also, isn't he a junior?

I am a Stanford fan and have watched every Stanford game. In my view, there is a significant disparity between Ertz and Toilolo. Ertz does a better job of getting separation. He also has better hands.

I don't know what it is with Toilolo. He has perfect size and physicality to be a dominant TE. But the production is not there.

Cigaro 11-29-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph90702 (Post 3194947)
You don't need to be explosive when you're 6'8". In redzone situations, he'll have at least 6 inches on whoever is guarding him. Also, isn't he a junior?

Being an NFL tight end requires a lot more than simply being taller than everyone else.

nofalcons10 11-29-2012 03:01 PM

I think Marqueis Gray will be a name to remember after the combine.

http://youtu.be/WNR4LEMrIy8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8_y6Xs6Kxs



<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U8_y6Xs6Kxs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Plays wr now but looks to be a TE in the pros. Might have Eifert-like talent.

Leon Sandcastle 11-29-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nofalcons10 (Post 3195252)
I think Marqueis Gray will be a name to remember after the combine.

http://youtu.be/WNR4LEMrIy8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8_y6Xs6Kxs



<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/U8_y6Xs6Kxs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Plays wr now but looks to be a TE in the pros. Might have Eifert-like talent.

Nice find. Yeah I'm not excited about thus years crop of TE's. Are there any freak undersized College Basketball PF's that will try their hand at TE?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.