Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   NFL Week 9 Discussion Thread. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54303)

Ness 10-30-2012 04:26 AM

NFL Week 9 Discussion Thread.

Thursday November 1st

Kansas City Chiefs at San Diego Chargers

Sunday November 4th

Denver Broncos at Cincinnati Bengals
Baltimore Ravens at Cleveland Browns
Arizona Cardinals at Green Bay Packers
Chicago Bears at Tennessee Titans
Miami Dolphins at Indianapolis Colts
Carolina Panthers at Washington Redskins
Detroit Lions at Jacksonville Jaguars
Buffalo Bills at Houston Texans

Minnesota Vikings at Seattle Seahawks
Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Oakland Raiders
Pittsburgh Steelers at New York Giants

Dallas Cowboys at Atlanta Falcons

Monday November 5th

Philadelphia Eagles at New Orleans Saints

Bye

St.Louis Rams, New England Patriots, San Francisco 49ers, New York Jets

hawkeye123 10-30-2012 04:30 AM

Lets discuss Alex Smith

Ness 10-30-2012 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkeye123 (Post 3168115)
Lets discuss Alex Smith

Grizzlegom 10-30-2012 07:17 AM

I bet nobody would have pegged this Miami vs Indianapolis game as one that could have playoff implications before the season but both teams are squarely in the middle of the wild card race. Hopefully Tannehill can play so we can have the rookie QBs storyline too!

Ness 10-30-2012 07:52 AM

Yup one of those teams is going to be 5-3. I'm guessing Colts. Going with the home team.

Hines 10-30-2012 08:10 AM

Going to be a great game in New York on Sunday. If the Steelers play defense the way they have the past couple weeks, I think the Steelers offense can take care of the Giants D.

Also, I think it's about time to start talking about Big Ben as MVP. Will he win it? No. Is he top five? In my view, yes. Dude has been unreal this year.

Bulldogs 10-30-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hines (Post 3168143)
Going to be a great game in New York on Sunday. If the Steelers play defense the way they have the past couple weeks, I think the Steelers offense can take care of the Giants D.

Also, I think it's about time to start talking about Big Ben as MVP. Will he win it? No. Is he top five? In my view, yes. Dude has been unreal this year.

Right now the big three are Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, and Aaron Rodgers.

Grizzlegom 10-30-2012 09:05 AM

NFL Halloween Pics, GOOOOO!

Here's the Dolphins OL, Jonathan Martin, John Jerry, Mike Pouncey, Richie Incognito, and Jake Long from left to right.

jrdrylie 10-30-2012 09:11 AM

I'm predicting the Chiefs get their first lead in regulation against the Chargers.

Jvig43 10-30-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulldogs (Post 3168145)
Right now the big three are Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, and Aaron Rodgers.

Aaron Rodgers is certainly not a top three choice for NFL mvp. On second thought I don't even think those three have run that far away with that discussion at all yet. No one has really stood out. If I were voting I'd vote Watt my mvp thus far.

AntoinCD 10-30-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jvig43 (Post 3168176)
Aaron Rodgers is certainly not a top three choice for NFL mvp. On second thought I don't even think those three have run that far away with that discussion at all yet. No one has really stood out. If I were voting I'd vote Watt my mvp thus far.

JJ Watt has been by far the best player in the NFL this year IMO however it's in essence a QB award so I'd be shocked if he won it.

Right now Matt Ryan is probably the front runner. I agree that Rodgers probably isn't in the top 3 either. Manning has been on a roll recently and has a nice second half schedule, as does Brady.

vidae 10-30-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3168157)
I'm predicting the Chiefs get their first lead in regulation against the Chargers.

We can't do that against the Bucs, Bills, and Raiders, and this is the same Chargers team that put 37 on us a few weeks ago.. so I'm going to go ahead and disagree.

This game is over after the first quarter. Chargers win by 15+ points.

jrdrylie 10-30-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3168195)
We can't do that against the Bucs, Bills, and Raiders, and this is the same Chargers team that put 37 on us a few weeks ago.. so I'm going to go ahead and disagree.

This game is over after the first quarter. Chargers win by 15+ points.

This is also the same Chargers team that just put up 6 on the Browns. Have faith, you score 20 on them last time. I think Jamaal Charles breaks off a long run on the first drive to give you the lead. It won't last long, but at least you'll have a lead for a change!

vidae 10-30-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrdrylie (Post 3168198)
This is also the same Chargers team that just put up 6 on the Browns. Have faith, you score 20 on them last time. I think Jamaal Charles breaks off a long run on the first drive to give you the lead. It won't last long, but at least you'll have a lead for a change!

The same Charles that had 5 rushes against the Raiders? I think he might be injured or something and they're just not telling people.

Babylon 10-30-2012 12:19 PM

Seattle vs Minnesota should be a nice matchup. Hopefully the Vikings team that beat The Niners earlier won't make the trip.

AntoinCD 10-30-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3168201)
The same Charles that had 5 rushes against the Raiders? I think he might be injured or something and they're just not telling people.

Come on now...nobody knows why Charles only had 5 rushes, not even Romeo!!!

Shreckart 10-30-2012 01:29 PM

If I would've told you at the beginning of the season the Colts were a bad defensive play away against a horrid Jacksonville team from being 5-2, playing the Dolphins in Week 9 to move possibly move to 6-2, how many people would've agreed?

vidae 10-30-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3168249)
Come on now...nobody knows why Charles only had 5 rushes, not even Romeo!!!

You're mean. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreckart (Post 3168266)
If I would've told you at the beginning of the season the Colts were a bad defensive play away against a horrid Jacksonville team from being 5-2, playing the Dolphins in Week 9 to move possibly move to 6-2, how many people would've agreed?

No one. Andrew Luck is the real deal. I really hate the Colts. Going from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck is just unfair!

Babylon 10-30-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreckart (Post 3168266)

I'm seeing maybe an 8-8 team there, which would be a successful season no matter how you look at it. So Andrew Luck is probably good for an extra six wins because i doubt they'd win any more than two games without him.

SuperMcGee 10-30-2012 03:16 PM

Going to say that the Bills somehow play it close and lose a heartbreaker.

Or the sensible happens and Houston's offense takes complete advantage of our linebackers, leading to a 400 yard day for Foster.

Ness 10-30-2012 03:30 PM

So tired of quarterbacks winning that award. I hope Watt has an even more dominant second half to the season so he has a shot.

Pat Sims 90 10-30-2012 03:31 PM

I fully expect Peyton to shred the Bengals secondary and put up 300+ yards and at least 2 TDs.

Raiderz4Life 10-30-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3168267)
You're mean. :(

No one. Andrew Luck is the real deal. I really hate the Colts. Going from Peyton Manning to Andrew Luck is just unfair!

I'm loving Andrew Luck. His scramble to get a 1st down at the end of the game against the Packers is one of my favorite plays this year. Giving 0 ***** about the Packers haha Guy's a stud.

Tampa coming into Oakland. I think Oakland has a shot at winning it because Freeman.

Jvig43 10-30-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njx9 (Post 3168356)
i don't disagree with watt getting it right now, but if the donkeys end up at 11 wins or so, peyton will probably be in the top two for the award (not that he necessarily should, but i'm assuming simply being peyton will help with the votes).

Peyton will get come back player of the year which probably means unless he really kills it every single game from here on out he wont get MVP. Ryan has been playing very well but again, he has not separated himself enough to be a clear winner. Rodgers was on fire for two games before this week, but had a pretty mediocre performance against the Jags (yes GB has injuriez, but not as serious as what Jax had last week, and theyre not very good to start with). It really is still very much up for grabs and its probably a 98% chance a QB will get it, I'm not sure it will be Peyton tho, mostly because I think he wont get comeback and mvp.

Smooth Criminal 10-30-2012 03:35 PM

Polamalu not playing yet again. So frustrating. I wish they'd just give us a timetable instead of calling him week to week for half the season. Same thing they did to us when he got hurt in the opener a couple years ago. He was questionable for like 8 weeks.

Tough road game, no Troy, usually means its a loss.