Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Halloween Eve Mock (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54313)

princefielder28 10-30-2012 02:32 PM

Halloween Eve Mock
 
1. Kansas City :: Matt Barkley : QB : USC
2. Carolina :: Star Lotulelei : DT : Utah
3. Jacksonville :: Barkevious Mingo : DE : Louisiana State
4. Cleveland :: Geno Smith : QB : West Virginia
5. New Orleans :: Jarvis Jones : OLB : Georgia
6. St. Louis (f/Washington) :: Luke Joeckel : OT : Texas A&M
7. Tennessee :: Jonathan Hankins : DT : Ohio State
8. St. Louis :: Manti Teo : LB : Notre Dame
9. New York Jets :: Tyler Wilson : QB : Arkansas
10. Philadelphia :: Bjoern Werner : DE : Florida State
11. Cincinnati :: Sam Montgomery : DE : Louisiana State
12. Tampa Bay :: DeMarcus Millner : CB : Alabama
13. Buffalo :: Keenan Allen : WR : California
14. Oakland :: Damontre Moore : DE : Texas A&M
15. Detroit :: Johnthan Banks : CB : Mississippi State
16. San Diego :: Jonathan Jenkins : NT : Georgia
17. Dallas :: Eric Reid : S : Louisiana State
18. Seattle :: Kawann Short : DT : Purdue
19. Arizona :: Chance Warmack : OG : Alabama
20. Pittsburgh :: TJ McDonald : S : USC
21. Indianapolis :: Sheldon Richardson : DE : Missouri
22. Miami :: Robert Woods : WR : USC
23. Denver :: Jordan Poyer : CB : Oregon State
24. Green Bay :: Barrett Jones : OL : Alabama
25. Minnesota :: Desmond Trufant : CB : Washington
26. New England :: Jonathan Cooper : OG : North Carolina
27. Baltimore :: Justin Hunter : WR : Tennessee
28. San Francisco :: Chase Thomas : OLB : Stanford
29. New York Giants :: Eric Fisher : OT : Central Michigan
30. Chicago :: Dallas Thomas : OL : Tennessee
31. Houston :: Terrance Williams : WR : Baylor
32. Atlanta :: Sylvester Williams : DT : North Carolina

vidae 10-30-2012 02:35 PM

Good KC pick.

Pat Sims 90 10-30-2012 02:36 PM

Montgomery is fine for what is left on the board. I would be upset to see Werner go 1 pick ahead of the Bengals.

keylime_5 10-30-2012 02:37 PM

A QB for the Browns? meh. Jarvis Jones or any defensive player who is not a DT.

Raiderz4Life 10-30-2012 02:39 PM

Oakland at 14? You expecting us to have a decent season it seems, but I only see 4-6 wins max for us.

derza222 10-30-2012 02:50 PM

Good pick for the Jets.

ChicagoBearsVet23 10-30-2012 02:59 PM

Decent Bears pick

Thecollegedropout 10-30-2012 04:29 PM

Terrible pick by the Jets. Sanchez is on hook for next year, Woody Johnson loves Tebow to the point that he will stick with him for the sake of selling seats and we have so many more needs then to take a QB in the top ten who isn't even the best of his class.

We need a OLB badly, especially one who can pass rush or hell just be quick enough to stop running backs. Give us Moore!

Robcards 10-30-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout (Post 3168499)
Terrible pick by the Jets. Sanchez is on hook for next year, Woody Johnson loves Tebow to the point that he will stick with him for the sake of selling seats and we have so many more needs then to take a QB in the top ten who isn't even the best of his class.

We need a OLB badly, especially one who can pass rush or hell just be quick enough to stop running backs. Give us Moore!

What he said. Unless you know how to make guaranteed money on a contract disappear were stuck with Sanchez until at least 2014 I'm afraid

T-RICH49 10-30-2012 05:07 PM

love KC's pick

Razor 10-30-2012 05:16 PM

Cooper is a great pick for us, although I'll be pissed off if we don't take Justin Hunter in this scenario.

princefielder28 10-30-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keylime_5 (Post 3168368)
A QB for the Browns? meh. Jarvis Jones or any defensive player who is not a DT.

With new ownership the people in charge won't be afraid to move on from the investment made in Weeden this past draft. Is he awful? No but he's definitely not a "franchise" quarterback and the Browns give themselves the chance to land one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderz Fo' Life (Post 3168371)
Oakland at 14? You expecting us to have a decent season it seems, but I only see 4-6 wins max for us.

I am most concerned with the order so thanks for the input.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout (Post 3168499)
Terrible pick by the Jets. Sanchez is on hook for next year, Woody Johnson loves Tebow to the point that he will stick with him for the sake of selling seats and we have so many more needs then to take a QB in the top ten who isn't even the best of his class.

We need a OLB badly, especially one who can pass rush or hell just be quick enough to stop running backs. Give us Moore!

Just because Wilson would be taken so high doesn't necessarily mean he'd be forced to play right away and taking a quarterback isn't the financial investment that it used to be. Sanchez clearly isn't the quarterback that will lead the Jets to the promise land and his development has been minimal. Either Sanchez or Tebow could start in 2013 while Wilson becomes acclimated to the league, and then take over as the starter in 2014. Currently the team lacks a quarterback who will allow them to sustain success, and the selection of Wilson would give the franchise a greater potential of being able to sustain high levels of success.

phlysac 10-30-2012 08:50 PM

Do you have Chase Thomas as your 4th/5th edge rusher?

keylime_5 10-30-2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princefielder28 (Post 3168750)
With new ownership the people in charge won't be afraid to move on from the investment made in Weeden this past draft. Is he awful? No but he's definitely not a "franchise" quarterback and the Browns give themselves the chance to land one.

With a new front office (and likely head coach) they have an excuse to move on from Weeden if he were bad, but he's been really good for a rookie and improving as the season goes on and is definitely good enough to be a starting QB in this league. The only reason he wouldn't be considered a "franchise QB" is his age, but his talent and play on the field will merit him 6 or 7 years as a starting QB on the Browns. The Browns are expected to keep Weeden as the starting QB for the longterm after his encouraging rookie year. The idea that new ownership means giving up on Weeden is an outdated idea.

On top of that, a new regime isn't gonna want to waste time by starting over on a rebuild when they have a QB that they can win with in place already. They are gonna want to focus on building the team around Weeden and getting wins now and making a run.

princefielder28 10-30-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlysac (Post 3168768)
Do you have Chase Thomas as your 4th/5th edge rusher?

Chase Thomas has had an incredible senior season and he really stands out during the games. He's improved his pass rushing and always has done a good job of setting the edge and supporting against the run. He seems like a guy who fit very well within that 49ers defense.

Splat 10-30-2012 09:00 PM

Barkley to Bowe!

O wait...

princefielder28 10-30-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keylime_5 (Post 3168775)

On top of that, a new regime isn't gonna want to waste time by starting over on a rebuild when they have a QB that they can win with in place already. They are gonna want to focus on building the team around Weeden and getting wins now and making a run.

He's going to be 30 next season and by the time a foundation is set and a new regime has created a roster talented enough to be a playoff contender, how old will Weeden be? 32, 33, 34? That gives them a three or four year window with a guy whose ceiling is limited and who has shown just enough to be considered a capable starter but nothing more than that. The Browns need to stop working through quarterbacks who are "good enough" and find a guy at the most important position who can be a game changer and the face of the franchise.

Robcards 10-30-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princefielder28 (Post 3168750)
Just because Wilson would be taken so high doesn't necessarily mean he'd be forced to play right away and taking a quarterback isn't the financial investment that it used to be. Sanchez clearly isn't the quarterback that will lead the Jets to the promise land and his development has been minimal. Either Sanchez or Tebow could start in 2013 while Wilson becomes acclimated to the league, and then take over as the starter in 2014. Currently the team lacks a quarterback who will allow them to sustain success, and the selection of Wilson would give the franchise a greater potential of being able to sustain high levels of success.

1. If the jets draft a qb in the 1st, Sanchez is gone. Lets be serious.

2. In this day in age if you draft a QB top 10, he is starting year 1. There's no such thing as grooming a future starter, and it's not like he'd have a good veteran to learn from.

keylime_5 10-30-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princefielder28 (Post 3168782)
He's going to be 30 next season and by the time a foundation is set and a new regime has created a roster talented enough to be a playoff contender, how old will Weeden be? 32, 33, 34? That gives them a three or four year window with a guy whose ceiling is limited and who has shown just enough to be considered a capable starter but nothing more than that. The Browns need to stop working through quarterbacks who are "good enough" and find a guy at the most important position who can be a game changer and the face of the franchise.

I don't think they are too far away from contending if they can get a few more key pieces in place (improve secondary and pass rush, add one or two playmakers at WR and/or TE). They are a really young team and Weeden can be the starting QB for 6 or 7 years at least, enough time to make a run with the current team. If the new regime tries to get a new QB and fails, they'll be fired and Weeden will still be starting in the NFL - why fix what isn't broke? You have a good starting QB in place, build around him now instead of starting from scratch again at the position. Now if there was a Luck, Griffin, Manning, Bradford, Stafford, Rivers, etc. sitting there you take him but the QB crop this year has nothing like that at all.

SickwithIt1010 10-31-2012 01:43 AM

Why? Hate the eagles pick...

princefielder28 10-31-2012 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 (Post 3168994)
Why? Hate the eagles pick...

9 sacks on the year for the Eagles defense...need I say more?

Taber21 10-31-2012 11:06 AM

It appears the Vikings need for another offensive weapon outweighs their need for another CB at this point. No one can get open other than Percy. If they were picking where they do here, I'd say Justin Hunter would make a lot of sense. CB will still be a need, especially with Winfield's age, but I'd think and hope they would go WR at that spot.

Also, with their remaining schedule as it is, they will have to play lights out to make the playoffs. Just don't see it happening, unfortunately.

D-Unit 10-31-2012 01:11 PM

If you could give the Cowboys any player in the entire draft, who would you choose?

killxswitch 10-31-2012 01:24 PM

I can't get excited about Sheldon Richardson. I'd probably prefer Robert Woods or Barrett Jones.

Grizzlegom 10-31-2012 01:33 PM

Love the Dolphins pick!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.