Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Week 10 Discussion Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54412)

Hines 11-06-2012 02:53 PM

Week 10 Discussion Thread
 
Thursday
Indianapolis @ Jacksonville

Sunday
NY Giants @ Cincinnati
Tennessee @ Miami
Detroit @ Minnesota
Buffalo @ New England
Atlanta @ New Orleans
San Diego @ Tampa Bay
Denver @ Carolina
Oakland @ Baltimore
NY Jets @ Seattle
Dallas @ Philadelphia
St Louis @ San Francisco
Houston @ Chicago

Monday
Kansas City @ Pittsburgh



Some good games this week. The Steelers are huge favorites over KC, but if I were a betting man, I'd give the Chiefs to cover the spread. While it should be a blow out, it probably won't. I could see the Steelers looking past them for next week's showdown against Baltimore.

brat316 11-06-2012 03:09 PM

really why is Monday Night KC @ Pitt?

What is with these terrible games? ATL @ NO would have been better when the made the schedule. But I guess when they decided this, it didn't seem so bad, KC was playing good defense.

bigbuc 11-06-2012 03:09 PM

Houston vs Chicago easy best game of the week.

Bert Macklin 11-06-2012 03:13 PM

Saints Pain Train Up In Dis Beyotch

Legacy 11-06-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhaarat316 (Post 3175408)
really why is Monday Night KC @ Pitt?

What is with these terrible games? ATL @ NO would have been better when the made the schedule. But I guess when they decided this, it didn't seem so bad, KC was playing good defense.

The second Saints/Falcons game is a prime time game and, unless I am mistaken, there's a rule stating that both divisional matchups between two teams cannot be prime time games.

BeerBaron 11-06-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbuc (Post 3175409)
Houston vs Chicago easy best game of the week.

We'll see. Far lesser defenses have given the Bears offense problems and I don't think Houston is going to be as easy to take the ball away from defensively.

We are on a 133-44 run against the AFC South this season. I'm hoping for the best but we're already further than where I expected to be at this point this year, so hell, I'll take it.

Razor 11-06-2012 03:40 PM

Atlanta getting beat by Nawlins is going to be fun to watch...

BeerBaron 11-06-2012 04:51 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ports-network/

Read the first 3 words of the headline and have a laugh. I wonder if that was intentional...

Ness 11-06-2012 06:21 PM

I think the Falcons fall to the Saints and get their first loss. By the way Roddy White is already 31. I think it's safe to say he's already the best receiver the franchise has ever had. I'm trying to think who the second best was...Terance Mathis?

gpngc 11-06-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hines (Post 3175395)
Thursday
Indianapolis @ Jacksonville

Sunday
NY Giants @ Cincinnati
Tennessee @ Miami
Detroit @ Minnesota
Buffalo @ New England
Atlanta @ New Orleans
San Diego @ Tampa Bay
Denver @ Carolina
Oakland @ Baltimore
NY Jets @ Seattle
Dallas @ Philadelphia
St Louis @ San Francisco
Houston @ Chicago

Monday
Kansas City @ Pittsburgh



Some good games this week. The Steelers are huge favorites over KC, but if I were a betting man, I'd give the Chiefs to cover the spread. While it should be a blow out, it probably won't. I could see the Steelers looking past them for next week's showdown against Baltimore.

Keep in mind Vegas got KILLED last week with so many favorites winning and covering the spread...

As a Seahawks fan, the Jets game scares the crap out of me. A loss at home there would be DISASTROUS heading into the bye week.

The Jets are friskier than people believe and even though ALL of the paper matchups favor Seattle, Wilson's still green and the Jets have NOTHING to lose. It's scary.

If Seattle takes care of business and Wilson continues to play well, they become a legitimate NFC contender with an excellent chance at grabbing a wild card.

If they lose, the season changes drastically for the worse and casts huge clouds of doubt on the direction of the team before the bye.

I'm nervous.

But when you look at it from a football perspective, Mark Sanchez and Shonn Greene with that OL against Seattle's defense scoring more than 17 points would be miraculous (on paper).

The Jets defense can be gashed by Lynch and they waste their best player by blanketing Rice with Cro because the Seahawks simply don't need to pass to Rice to win games.

I live in NY so this game will be... fun... or horrible.

Bert Macklin 11-06-2012 06:58 PM

I have a sig bet with Bulldogs this week too for the ATL @ NO game.

Caddy 11-06-2012 07:09 PM

Where is all this Saints love coming from?

Smooth Criminal 11-06-2012 07:13 PM

Troy out again. He's gonna end up missing the whole season while they tell us maybe next week each and every week.

Smooth Criminal 11-06-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caddy (Post 3175584)
Where is all this Saints love coming from?

Everyone wants to believe they can still be the same team they were before and that the start was just a fluke.

Having Drew Brees will fuel that fire no matter how bad it gets there.

farfromforgotten 11-06-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ness (Post 3175552)
I think the Falcons fall to the Saints and get their first loss. By the way Roddy White is already 31. I think it's safe to say he's already the best receiver the franchise has ever had. I'm trying to think who the second best was...Terance Mathis?

Bad Moon is the 1st WR that came to my mind.

SickwithIt1010 11-06-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farfromforgotten (Post 3175638)
Bad Moon is the 1st WR that came to my mind.

Same thing in my head. Rison was solid.

Bert Macklin 11-06-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caddy (Post 3175584)
Where is all this Saints love coming from?

The question is why'd it leave? Saints 4 Lyfe

scottyboy 11-06-2012 10:00 PM

it'd be really kewl if the giants could win this week heading into a bye

BeerBaron 11-06-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyboy (Post 3175702)
it'd be really kewl if the giants could win this week heading into a bye

Giants winning a game with devoid of pressure? C'mon Scottyboy, you know better. Come back around December and/or if some other team in the division heats up.

Lil Quip 11-07-2012 12:59 AM

If jets were at home, I would be kind of worried as a seahawks fan. One of the best home field advantages and the best secondary in the nfl (sorry chicago) against that offense? It would take a major trap game.

I actually like the vikings lions game over houston bears.

Houston even with an off game and a loss still sits pretty. Bears have to stay hungry with an amamazingly competitive nfc north. Both teams should be able to coast into the playoffs and set up for an attack run.

Vikings lions is a division game with serious playoff implications. A loss for either derails playoff momentum.

Mufasa 11-07-2012 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil Quip (Post 3175873)
If jets were at home, I would be kind of worried as a seahawks fan. One of the best home field advantages and the best secondary in the nfl (sorry chicago) against that offense? It would take a major trap game.
.

What? Both these statements are wrong. In fact Seattle beats them in both.

Pat Sims 90 11-07-2012 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyboy (Post 3175702)
it'd be really kewl if the giants could win this week heading into a bye

They better win or they suck. Only Kansas City and Jacksonville have worse home records then Cincinnati.

dunagan15 11-07-2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ness (Post 3175552)
I think the Falcons fall to the Saints and get their first loss. By the way Roddy White is already 31. I think it's safe to say he's already the best receiver the franchise has ever had. I'm trying to think who the second best was...Terance Mathis?

correct(10)

nobodyinparticular 11-07-2012 02:41 AM

Raiders are going to get shellacked in B-more

killxswitch 11-07-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular (Post 3175905)
Raiders are going to get shellacked in B-more

West coast to east coast has to be the worst travel in the NFL. Other than London obviously.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.