2 Round Mock
Hey what’s up guys, I’ve been a lurker for about two years now and finally decided to join the site. I used the ESPN power rankings as my order. My goal in this mock was trying to project where I think guys might go and not necessarily where I think they should go. Made some reaches, and some guys fell a little farther then I wanted them to, but overall I think it’s a decent mock or at least I hope it is. Also I left a couple guys off who I think might go back to school, just in case you’re wondering why they are missing.
1. Chiefs- Matt Barkley QB USC
2. Jaguars- Star Lotuleli DT Utah
3. Browns- Jarvis Jones OLB/DE UGA
4. Panthers- Jonathan Hankins DT OSU
5. Bills- Geno Smith QB WVU
6. Titans- DeMarcus Milliner CB Bama
7. Raiders- Dion Jordan OLB/DE Oregon
8. Jets- Barkevious Mingo OLB/DE LSU
9. Rams- Luke Joeckel OT TAMU
10. Bengals- Eric Reid S LSU
11. Saints- Sam Montgomery DE LSU
12. Eagles- Chance Warmack G Bama
13. Cardinals- Taylor Lewan OT Michigan
14. Rams- Kennan Allen WR Cal
15. Cowboys- Barrett Jones C Bama
16. Chargers- Jonathan Banks CB Mississippi St
17. Vikings- Manti Te’o ILB ND
18. Dolphins- Xavier Rhodes CB FSU
19. Lions- Bjorn Werner DE FSU
20. Buccaneer’s- Sylvester Williams DT UNC
21. Seahawks- Robert Woods WR USC
22. Colts- Jonathan Jenkins NT UGA
23. Steelers- Alec Ogeltree ILB UGA
24. Patriots- Terrance Williams WR Baylor
25. Broncos- Kwaan Short DT Purdue
26. Ravens- Jesse Williams NT Bama
27. Packers- Giovanni Bernard RB UNC
28. Giants- Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU
29. 49ers- Chase Thomas OLB/DE Stanford
30. Bears- Eric Fisher OT CMU
31. Texans- Deandre Hopkins WR Clemson
32. Falcons- Tyler Eifert TE ND
33. Chiefs- David Amerson FS NC St
34. Jaguars- DJ Fluker OT Alabama
35. Panthers- Da’Rick Rodgers WR Tennessee Tech
36. Bills- Tavon Austin WR WVU
37. Titans- Dallas Thomas G/T UTk
38. Bengals- Arthur Brown OLB KSU
39. Jets- Reid Fragle OT OSU
40. Rams- Jonathan Cooper G UNC
41. Bengals- Eddy Lacy RB Alabama
42. Eagles- Jordan Poyner CB Oregon St
43. Cardinals- Shane Skov ILB Stanford
44. Redskins- Joseph Randle RB Oklahoma St
45. Cowboys- Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas
46. Chargers- Kenny Stills WR OU
47. Vikings- Quinton Patton WR LA Tech
48. Dolphins- Ricky Wagner G/T Wisconsin
49. Lions- Alex Okafor DE Texas
50. Buccaneers- Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers
51. Seahawks- Corey Lemonier DE Auburn
52. Dolphins- Ryan Swope WR TAMU
53. Steelers- Desmond Trufant CB UW
54. Patriots- Tony Jefferson S OU
55. Broncos- Brandon Jenkins DE FSU
56. Ravens- Khaled Holmes C USC
57. Packers- TJ McDonald S USC
58. Giants- Brennan Williams OT UNC
59. 49ers- Mike Gillislee RB UF
60. Bear’s- Travis Fredrick G/C Wisconsin
61. Texans- Oday Abushi OT UVA
62. Falcons- Tank Carradine DE FSU
First pick for the Niners is good the second one doesn't make a lot of sense though. RB is one of the deepest positions on the team.
good 1st KC pick.and while I like Amerson I'd probably go Jefferson or McDonald there instead in RD 2
Can't be too mad at that KC mock, but I'd agree with T-Rich.
Also, welcome to the DC boards!
I know Shanny likes to draft his RBs but a back as the first pick doesn't make sense. Wagner or Trufant would be better picks.
Kill me now...
Rather see Te'o or Werner over Reid.
Lacey and Brown are fine in the 2nd.
I really dislike those Ravens picks. NT is just behind CB in terms of not being a need and Williams isn't the kind of superior talent you take regardless of your needs.
C is a need but they just took Gradkowski with a top 100 pick in the last draft and I would bet that he gets the first crack at the starting gig once Birk retires or they finally decide to bench him.
Solid Bears picks
Welcome aboard, and good job on your first mock. Two-rounders are tough this time of year. I liked a lot of what I saw in there, but I do have a few pieces of constructive criticism.
The first one the jumped out at me was Dion Jordan. He appears to be way too high especially given the talent in this pass rusher class. I see him likely falling into the second, but he certainly could work his way into the first, but probably not the top ten.
On the flip side, I don't see Damontre Moore in there at all. I know he's an underclassman, but with the way he is playing in the SEC this year, I would almost mark him as a first round lock.
I know this QB class is far from a classic, but I seriously doubt we'll see Jacksonville pass on a QB picking second.
I like both the Alabama interior lineman alot, but I doubt either of them will end up in the top 15, let alone both. Warmack's buzz is similar to DeCastro's last year, and he slipped a bit. Meanwhile, Jones is just a solid football player who is not an elite prospect. We'll probably see Jones get taken in the mid-late second round.
I am not a fan of Alec Ogletree, and considering his play this year, he should seriously think about returning to Athens and growing a pair. Way too soft to get taken above the likes of Arthur Brown and Shayne Skov.
Deandre Hopkins and Da'Rick Roger are both reaches as well. Hopkins has realistic first round hopes, but he'll need a great off-season. Rogers' stock was maybe high second round at its peak, but given the troubles he's had in college, I doubt we'll see him go until well into the third.
I know there's not much substance to this criticism, but it's Joseph Randle, not Julius Randal.
I hate seeing Lemonier and Trufant so low, but it's entirely plausible they could drop that low due to the quality at their positions.
5 NTs in the first round seems like a stretch, but there are 5 capable of going in Round One.
A few things I really liked:
Ansah in the first is brilliant.
We're on the same wavelength as far as Tyler Wilson goes. Although, I highly doubt Jerry Jones will spend a second rounder on a QB.
The great majority of the picks match both player value and team priorities.
Good work! Looking forward to more in the future.
The Patriots could use some youth at wide receiver, but I don't think Terrance Williams is a first round value at this point. His statistics are impressive, but his age (24), simple route tree, and clean releases on almost every snap are concerning. I'd suggest Tank Carradine or Jonathan Cooper there. In the second, Tony Jefferson would be a strong pick.
I agree that Jordan is a reach in the top ten, but I felt like he was the best fit for what they need. Looking back on it now though Joeckel probably would have been a better pick.
I left Moore off because he has recently said that he’s staying in school, but I think he’ll change his mind.
It’s going to be interesting to see what Jacksonville does. I don’t think Gabbert will ever become a successful NFL QB but if Gene Smith stays I can’t see him giving up on Gabbert this early. If he’s fired it’s a lot more possible but I’m not sure Geno Smith is worth giving up on 23 year old 1st RD QB.
I agree on Warmack and Jones but I felt like those were their most pressing needs. I could see both teams trading back TBH if they are picking there in April.
Agree on Ogeltree, but most UGA fan’s think he’s gone. I personally prefer Skov and Brown, but Skov hasn’t been the same since the injury and Brown is undersized. Ogeltree’s potential will probably push him above those two.
I think Hopkins is a reach but if Hunter and CP both go back to school, I could see him getting pushed up because of the lack of talent there will be at the position.
Da’Rick is probably a reach that high but I think someone is going to take a chance on him in the second in April. From my understanding the majority of Da’Rick’s problems at UTk were grades and him being a locker room cancer, not off the field stuff.
Lol I got confused with the basketball player. I’ll change it.
I could see JJ doing it. JJ is an Arkansas guy and Romo is going to 33 next year.
My bad on quoting the whole post guy’s, I wasn’t sure how to just quote the SN.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.