Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Who Will Trade Up / Down? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54446)

Matthew Jones 11-10-2012 09:14 AM

Who Will Trade Up / Down?
 
Based on current draft position and which prospects are being projected where, who do you think are some candidates to trade up or down this season? I'm thinking New England needs to move down, considering the mediocre value projected at their pick, as well as the Patriots' lack of fourth, fifth, and sixth-round picks.

bruschis4all 11-10-2012 09:26 AM

Cowboys trade up and draft a beast! Who doubles as a dumba**

rawdawg 11-10-2012 09:38 AM

Bears don't have a 3rd or 7th, and have about 20 free agents. I could see them trading down, especially since it looks like they'll be drafting in the very late 20s (or 32 :p).

Brothgar 11-10-2012 09:46 AM

I think the Cowboys might trade up for Tyler Wilson.

JohnCandy 11-10-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rawdawg (Post 3177902)
Bears don't have a 3rd or 7th, and have about 20 free agents. I could see them trading down, especially since it looks like they'll be drafting in the very late 20s (or 32 :p).

And their needs are LB and OL and they have no shot at a LT at 28.

stlouisfan37 11-10-2012 12:19 PM

With 2 first rounders, I can definitely see the Rams moving down in the 1st if there is a nice package available for them.

RaiderNation 11-10-2012 02:09 PM

With no 2nd round pick I could see Oakland entertaining offers to move down, I'd hate it though if it puts us out of reach of a defensive player like Jones, Mingo, Werner or Milliner.

AntoinCD 11-10-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 (Post 3177957)
With 2 first rounders, I can definitely see the Rams moving down in the 1st if there is a nice package available for them.

I think at this point it would be well worth the Rams time to get potential studs with where both those picks are projected. Pick up guys like Joeckel or Matthews at OT and then the best available WR. I could maybe understand moving down once if they decide to really go after the o-line to pick up someone like Warmack, Jones or Cooper though along with one of the top OTs

Babylon 11-10-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brothgar (Post 3177907)
I think the Cowboys might trade up for Tyler Wilson.

Well he does go to Arkansas (just kidding). I could actually see the Boys trading up to draft a QB, not sure it will be Wilson.

MaxV 11-10-2012 03:25 PM

Because of trades, Colts are short on picks.

If they pick low enough, I can see them trading down and pick extra picks.

Borat 11-10-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Jones (Post 3177891)
Based on current draft position and which prospects are being projected where, who do you think are some candidates to trade up or down this season? I'm thinking New England needs to move down, considering the mediocre value projected at their pick, as well as the Patriots' lack of fourth, fifth, and sixth-round picks.

I'd say the Niners are a candidate to trade up. They have (I think) 12 picks in the draft and a roster with very little room to take on a bunch of rookies.

vidae 11-10-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brothgar (Post 3177907)
I think the Cowboys might trade up for Tyler Wilson.

That will be really hard for them considering the Chiefs are taking him at #1 sir.

phlysac 11-10-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat (Post 3178185)
I'd say the Niners are a candidate to trade up. They have (I think) 12 picks in the draft and a roster with very little room to take on a bunch of rookies.

^This. 11-13 selections. 3 of the top-100. And none of their 2012 selections have played a meaningful snap.

Legacy 11-10-2012 04:07 PM

After watching the Bucs trade down once and up twice last year, I would not be surprised to see them make some moves.

PossibleCabbage 11-10-2012 04:23 PM

If the Packers end up picking in the late 20s/early 30s, they should try to trade back into the late 30s, early 40s.

Babylon 11-10-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3178194)
That will be really hard for them considering the Chiefs are taking him at #1 sir.

Gave up on Geno Smith?

vidae 11-10-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 3178252)
Gave up on Geno Smith?

Geno and Tyler have always been 1a/1b to me. If I was forced to pick one it would be Tyler, but I'd happily take either of them.

SF Dolphin Fan 11-10-2012 06:35 PM

The Dolphins have the picks to deal up if they absolutely have to have a certain player. Actually, I think it's a better possibility that Miami deals back up into the first round after making their own selection.

stlouisfan37 11-10-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3178083)
I think at this point it would be well worth the Rams time to get potential studs with where both those picks are projected. Pick up guys like Joeckel or Matthews at OT and then the best available WR. I could maybe understand moving down once if they decide to really go after the o-line to pick up someone like Warmack, Jones or Cooper though along with one of the top OTs

Yeah, I get what you are saying. They really need playmakers, so a couple of studs would really make some noise at this point. That being said, Kroenke has said that he likes trading down to build for the future.

niel89 11-10-2012 08:11 PM

The Ravens are generally a team that trades down a lot recently in the 1st. I could see them making a move up though if a guy they love slips. We need to restock the defense with talent and if a guy like Teo has any type of slide we should be aggressive and move up.

coordinator0 11-11-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niel89 (Post 3178448)
The Ravens are generally a team that trades down a lot recently in the 1st. I could see them making a move up though if a guy they love slips. We need to restock the defense with talent and if a guy like Teo has any type of slide we should be aggressive and move up.

Yeah I think they might be more likely to move up in this draft than in years past. They should be getting some pretty good compensation picks so they'll have more to fall back on if they trade their own picks.

PossibleCabbage 11-11-2012 12:17 PM

One thing that's interesting that happened last year is how cheap it became to trade up (and correspondingly how little you get for trading down.) It remains to be seen whether that's a one year thing or a new trend, but if it is the new normal it probably means that more value conscious teams will be less apt to trade down.

I mean last April a 4th round pick moves you:
From #7 to #5 (Jags,Bucs)
From #31 to #25 (Pats, Broncos)
From #35 to #29 (Vikings, Ravens)
From #36 to #31 (Bucs, Broncos)
From #59 to #51 (Packers, Eagles)
etc.

Fourth round picks are great, you can get a lot of good players in the fourth round, but if a fourth round picks moves you up six spots in the first, that's not exactly a high price to pay.

YotoJets007 11-11-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3178083)
I think at this point it would be well worth the Rams time to get potential studs with where both those picks are projected. Pick up guys like Joeckel or Matthews at OT and then the best available WR. I could maybe understand moving down once if they decide to really go after the o-line to pick up someone like Warmack, Jones or Cooper though along with one of the top OTs

Jeff Fisher never drafts OL in the first round. Always playmakers. LT from Virginia in 2nd round makes sense. However, Fisher never had 2 first round picks so we will see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3178290)
Geno and Tyler have always been 1a/1b to me. If I was forced to pick one it would be Tyler, but I'd happily take either of them.

I honestly don't think Tyler Wilson is a first round prospect. He is 6 1 with low release point. It smells like a failing quarterback in pro. I think he can only play the Shanahan offense in pro. If Kylie Shanahan become Chiefs' HC then he would have 3 choices; Kirk Cousins, Zac Dysert or Tyler Wilson if no Geno Smith.

YotoJets007 11-11-2012 01:39 PM

For Jets, I may think they will trade up to ensure they get rushing OLB like Damontre Moore or Kyle Van Noy. Unfortunately, both are juniors and it is still rare for juniors to bolt from BYU and Texas A&M.

Otherwise, I hope trading down can be done.

87Canes 11-11-2012 04:08 PM

Now that the 1st pick isn't worth 60 mil, I can definitely see my Chiefs trading back to stock up more picks. There isn't a QB, CB or ILB worth a top 5 pick so that's what I hope they do...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.