Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Derek Dooley Gone, Hello Jon Gruden.... not really (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54466)

Complex 11-11-2012 02:13 PM

Derek Dooley Gone, Hello Jon Gruden.... not really

I meant Derek.

Paul Finebaum ‏@finebaum
Volquest reporting Dooley out at UT.

Cigaro 11-11-2012 02:14 PM

Dammit Tennessee, you couldn't give him at least one more year?

MassNole 11-11-2012 02:15 PM

Dooley is an embarrassment to the Saban coaching tree.

Complex 11-11-2012 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassNole (Post 3179128)
Dooley is an embarrassment to the Saban coaching tree.

Who is not?

Vikes99ej 11-11-2012 02:17 PM

Rudolph has looked so great this year when we decide to go to him.

MassNole 11-11-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Complex (Post 3179133)
Who is not?

The Floridian coaches who are 18-2.

YotoJets007 11-11-2012 02:24 PM

Sonny Dykes to follow? lol.

Anyways, Derek turned around LT slowly before and he did the same thing to UT so I guess he is not ready.

CashmoneyDrew 11-11-2012 02:26 PM

TitanHope 11-11-2012 02:40 PM

Figured if they fired Dooley, who has like a $5 million buyout, they'd have to have somebody already lined up that would get the boosters to shell out the money to pay Dooley AND pay a new coach and staff.

So I'm kinda surprised this comes with two games left in the college season.

CashmoneyDrew 11-18-2012 02:51 PM

Well the first half of this thread title became 100% truth today.

TitanHope 11-18-2012 03:16 PM

The bad thing about hiring Gruden would be him recruiting half a dozen QB's every year.

Fortunately for UT, they know Cutcliffe would take the job, so they've got a solid final resort. He would have signed on instead of Dooley, only Mike Hamilton said he couldn't bring his entire staff, so he ultimately passed. But that was with 2 weeks left until signing day.

Most would say Gruden would be the unrealistic dream, and I think if he does agree to coach UT, it will be because he just wants try coaching college ball, and not because UT is too good to pass up or whatever. But I'd certainly love Gary Patterson, Charlie Strong, or Art Briles. Just no Kirby Smart or first time HC.

(/high fives Drew)

CashmoneyDrew 11-18-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanHope (Post 3185296)
The bad thing about hiring Gruden would be him recruiting half a dozen QB's every year.

Fortunately for UT, they know Cutcliffe would take the job, so they've got a solid final resort. He would have signed on instead of Dooley, only Mike Hamilton said he couldn't bring his entire staff, so he ultimately passed. But that was with 2 weeks left until signing day.

Most would say Gruden would be the unrealistic dream, and I think if he does agree to coach UT, it will be because he just wants try coaching college ball, and not because UT is too good to pass up or whatever. But I'd certainly love Gary Patterson, Charlie Strong, or Art Briles. Just no Kirby Smart or first time HC.

(/high fives Drew)

I love this.

asdf1223 11-19-2012 05:59 PM

Please stay the hell away from Justin Wilcox.

Don Vito 11-19-2012 06:31 PM

You should bring back Cutcliffe

Of course that is assuming you can't get Gruden. I am a big fan of Cutcliffe, he would be a very safe hire for UT with where they are at now.

CashmoneyDrew 11-19-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdf1223 (Post 3186675)
Please stay the hell away from Justin Wilcox.

:njx:
You have absolutely no reason to worry there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 3186699)
You should bring back Cutcliffe

Of course that is assuming you can't get Gruden. I am a big fan of Cutcliffe, he would be a very safe hire for UT with where they are at now.

I don't think they can afford to go that route.

Cigaro 11-19-2012 06:47 PM

I don't want to see Cutcliffe at Tennessee. He isn't going to be the biggest name and it may take him a little bit to assemble a good team because of it(although I don't doubt he'd make an immediate improval over Dooley's record), but he can simply coach.

If Jon Gruden went to Tennessee(I doubt it, but there is a lot of smoke), if successful I can't imagine him staying in the long term.

asdf1223 11-19-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew (Post 3186708)
:njx:
You have absolutely no reason to worry there.

I don't think they can afford to go that route.

Haha, no offense intended Vols fans. I just want my defense to you know tackle and cover properly. First time since, well forever.

All these big names just makes me worry they'll strike out on all of em and hire the last guy with ties to the program.

CashmoneyDrew 11-19-2012 09:41 PM

He's a west coast guy. He wouldn't be interested.

Plus our AD basically flat out said he's not hiring a coordinator to be a head coach.

I think Wilcox will be creepily licking his lips on Washington's sidelines for a long time.

asdf1223 11-19-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew (Post 3187097)
He's a west coast guy. He wouldn't be interested.

Plus our AD basically flat out said he's not hiring a coordinator to be a head coach.

I think Wilcox will be creepily licking his lips on Washington's sidelines for a long time.

If Tedford sucks another year he's on the Cal sidelines the year after that with Lupoi/Sirmon as his DC's. Huskies are 9 in pass defense this year with same characters and Shaq Thompson basically. He's done an incredible job with the team and probably the main reason they'll finish with the best record in Sark's 4 years with possibly his worst offense.

Miaoww 11-24-2012 08:52 AM

As long as you leave Al Golden alone I don't care.

Shreckart 11-24-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanHope (Post 3185296)

(/high fives Drew)

You're not getting GMFP from me. He belongs to my school.