Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Mid-November Top 25 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54486)

AntoinCD 11-12-2012 05:15 PM

Mid-November Top 25
 
A few changes to my last board. These are my own rankings and not a reflection on where I feel these prospects will be drafted

1. Star Lotulelei, DT Utah
2. Luke Joeckel, OT Texas A&M
3. Jonathan Hankins, DT Ohio State
4. Barkevious Mingo, DE LSU
5. Bjoern Werner, DE FSU
6. Jarvis Jones, LB Georgia
7. Sheldon Richardson, DT Missouri
8. Jake Matthews, OT Texas A&M
9. Chance Warmack, OG Alabama
10. Manti Te’o, LB Notre Dame
11. Tyler Wilson, QB Arkansas
12. Johnthan Banks, CB Mississippi State
13. CJ Mosley, LB Alabama
14. Damontre Moore, DE/LB Texas A&M
15. Dee Milliner, CB Alabama
16. Jordan Poyer, CB Oregon State
17. Jonathan Cooper, OG UNC
18. Sam Montgomery, DE LSU
19. Tyler Eifert, TE Notre Dame
20. Dion Jordan, LB Oregon
21. Geno Smith, QB WVU
22. Justin Hunter, WR Tennessee
23. John Jenkins, DT Georgia
24. Eric Fisher, OT Central Michigan
25. Keenan Allen, WR Cal

bucfan12 11-12-2012 05:22 PM

Really? No Xavier Rhodes?

AntoinCD 11-12-2012 05:24 PM

Rhodes is knocking on the door of my top 25. He would definitely be in the next 5 or so slots had I continued. He's the 4th CB in my opinion at this juncture and I didn't feel confident enough yet in him to put him up there yet. I will admit that I haven't focused a large amount of time on him yet and it's still early at this stage

Babylon 11-12-2012 05:31 PM

I've seen Star Lotulelei play about 4 times this year and i'm still waiting for him to make an impact. To be fair he sees his share of double teams but make plays, make plays.

AntoinCD 11-12-2012 05:38 PM

Star's simply a guy teams need to account for on every single snap. He can hold the point of attack, he has tremendous quickness for such a big guy and offers a lot of positional versatility. There are very few teams atop the draft who will not be looking hard at him IMO

bruschis4all 11-12-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 3180755)
I've seen Star Lotulelei play about 4 times this year and i'm still waiting for him to make an impact. To be fair he sees his share of double teams but make plays, make plays.

I don't think he's as good as Suh or McCoy were coming out. No Matt Barkley? I'm not crazy about him. But, he'll go in the 1st round. QB's always get over-drafted.

AntoinCD 11-12-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruschis4all (Post 3180789)
I don't think he's as good as Suh or McCoy were coming out. No Matt Barkley? I'm not crazy about him. But, he'll go in the 1st round. QB's always get over-drafted.

True but I'm definitely not a fan of his. I think he is still getting by on hype. He doesn't look a first rounder during the games

Ozzy 11-12-2012 07:00 PM

Pretty decent list but I have no clue how these boys are not in the mix?

Matt Barkley USC
D.J. Fluker Alabama
Alec Ogletree Georgia
Seantrel Henderson Miami FL
TJ McDonald USC
Tony Jefferson Oklahoma
Cornellius Carradine Florida State
Kawann Short Purdue


Fluker is playing better and better each weak and is by far the most powerful run blocker in the draft, and McDonald/Jefferson have straight up star potential at safety. As for Ogletree, he is easily as talented as any linebacker in the country.

AntoinCD 11-12-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzy (Post 3180805)
Pretty decent list but I have no clue how these boys are not in the mix?

Matt Barkley USC
D.J. Fluker Alabama
Alec Ogletree Georgia
Seantrel Henderson Miami FL
TJ McDonald USC
Tony Jefferson Oklahoma
Cornellius Carradine Florida State
Kawann Short Purdue


Fluker is playing better and better each weak and is by far the most powerful run blocker in the draft, and McDonald/Jefferson have straight up star potential at safety. As for Ogletree, he is easily as talented as any linebacker in the country.

Short and Ogletree I do really like and Fluker likely will go first. Disagree on McDonald but I do like Jefferson. Its always gonna be tough not putting guys in but I wouldn't put any over the guys I mentioned.

rawdawg 11-12-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3180749)
A few changes to my last board. These are my own rankings and not a reflection on where I feel these prospects will be drafted

1. Star Lotulelei, DT Utah
2. Luke Joeckel, OT Texas A&M
3. Jonathan Hankins, DT Ohio State
4. Barkevious Mingo, DE LSU
5. Bjoern Werner, DE FSU
6. Jarvis Jones, LB Georgia
7. Sheldon Richardson, DT Missouri
8. Jake Matthews, OT Texas A&M
9. Chance Warmack, OG Alabama
10. Manti Teo, LB Notre Dame
11. Tyler Wilson, QB Arkansas
12. Jonathan Banks, CB Mississippi State
13. CJ Mosley, LB Alabama
14. Damontre Moore, DE/LB Texas A&M
15. Dee Milliner, CB Alabama
16. Jordan Poyer, CB Oregon State
17. Jonathan Cooper, OG UNC
18. Sam Montgomery, DE LSU
19. Tyler Eifert, TE Notre Dame
20. Dion Jordan, LB Oregon
21. Geno Smith, QB WVU
22. Justin Hunter, WR Tennessee
23. John Jenkins, DT Georgia
24. Eric Fisher, OT Central Michigan
25. Keenan Allen, WR Cal

Good list, for the most part. Really falling in love with all 3 A&M players. Jake Matthews really impressed me the last 2 weeks. He's about as technically sound as I've seen this year at OT. Does a really good job positioning himself in pass pro and can really set the edge in the run game. Looks like an NFL LT. Joeckel is the better prospect though, so that's says something about him too. Demontre Moore, I might have over Mingo at this point. Better against the run than I thought.

Also I'm just as high as your are on guys like Richardson, Warmack, Banks, and Cooper. Love Poyer as I've mentioned, but I don't have him top 25....yet.

Ozzy 11-12-2012 11:36 PM

Back to Matt Barkley, not on your top 25 but say Kansas City as the #1 pick, clearly they should and most likely will go with a quarterback. Sure could pick a defensive lineman or linebacker but really doubt that happens and honestly their defense is not the issue, sure Jarvis Jones would be nice but not a need.

Quarterback is a need, you have Geno Smith but his is slowly proving that apparently outside of short throws, he is not very accurate and or good. Love his competitiveness but really shocked me how bad he and or the West Virginia team has played recently.

Matt Barkley thought despite not having great year either, has proven he can run a pro style offense, complete a high percentage and make correct reads, spread the ball around and take a hit and stay healthy. Really hard not for KC to take a quarterback though like I said and they will most likely have a very high pick. Sure one could say Tyler Wilson should be the guy then but honestly I do not believe Wilson is a better quarterback prospect than Barkley. Barkley has been pretty damn consistent and stayed very healthy over the last four years as a starter in a major college football program.


And as for Sheldon Richardson of Missouri, I have a hard time seeing him being better than Kawann Short. Short is one heck of a pass rushing defensive tackle and has a great build about him. Sure his statistics are a little down but he can play with the best of them. And in the NFL any natural pass rusher, especially off the edge really rises up the charts so watch out for these guys... Could easily see Buchanan be a 1st rounder just on pass rushing ability alone, even though he has not played like a 1st rounder most of the season, and a guy like Ansah could sneak up potentially with a good workout. And Carradine should be a lock as a 1st rounder with how he has played potentially.


Sam Montgomery LSU JR
Bjoern Werner Florida State JR
Cornellius Carradine Florida State
Ezekiel Ansah BYU
Michael Buchanan Illinois
Brandon Jenkins Florida State
Craig Roh Michigan
Corey Lemonier Auburn JR





From the OLB position however Bruce Irvin is doing fine in that 4/3 for Seattle as an undersized speed rusher he might start a trend. Mingo could easily do the same thing as could Simon.

Jarvis Jones Georgia RS JR
Barkevious Mingo LSU RS JR
Kyle Van Noy BYU JR
Jamie Collins Southern Miss
John Simon Ohio State
Nathan Williams Ohio State
Walter Stewart Cincinnati RS

Babylon 11-13-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3180761)
Star's simply a guy teams need to account for on every single snap. He can hold the point of attack, he has tremendous quickness for such a big guy and offers a lot of positional versatility. There are very few teams atop the draft who will not be looking hard at him IMO

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3180792)
True but I'm definitely not a fan of his. I think he is still getting by on hype. He doesn't look a first rounder during the games

Might be me but sounds like contradicting statements there.

I see the attraction with Star but i think you can get similar production later, especially this year. If you're picking at the top it needs to be either a QB, LT or a playmaker.

AntoinCD 11-13-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 3181438)
Might be me but sounds like contradicting statements there.

I see the attraction with Star but i think you can get similar production later, especially this year. If you're picking at the top it needs to be either a QB, LT or a playmaker.

Disgaree. I think the thing with Barkley is, he was hyped as a future first round pick from the day he stepped on campus. Then when he started as a true freshman and was relaively successful he was lauded even further. Barkley's game grades out as a second round prospect IMO and if he played for any other team it would be noticed like that.

Star however has dominated at a position which isn't as easily schemed for. I am not sure you can get similar production later in the draft. I don't think there's a whole lot between Star and Hankins and I really like Richardson but after that you aren't getting the same level of dominance. Short is a good player and Floyd from Florida may turn into a good player but the level of DT play drops significantly the later we go in this draft

Babylon 11-13-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3181441)
Disgaree. I think the thing with Barkley is, he was hyped as a future first round pick from the day he stepped on campus. Then when he started as a true freshman and was relaively successful he was lauded even further. Barkley's game grades out as a second round prospect IMO and if he played for any other team it would be noticed like that.

Star however has dominated at a position which isn't as easily schemed for. I am not sure you can get similar production later in the draft. I don't think there's a whole lot between Star and Hankins and I really like Richardson but after that you aren't getting the same level of dominance. Short is a good player and Floyd from Florida may turn into a good player but the level of DT play drops significantly the later we go in this draft

Guess i got confused there. Not sure how Matt Barkley got into the conversation. You said you weren't high on Star after saying teams would be looking at him at the top of the draft. Like i said i'm confused but that wouldnt be the first time that happened.

As you were, i see what you were referring to. My bad.

Iamcanadian 11-14-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3181441)
Disgaree. I think the thing with Barkley is, he was hyped as a future first round pick from the day he stepped on campus. Then when he started as a true freshman and was relaively successful he was lauded even further. Barkley's game grades out as a second round prospect IMO and if he played for any other team it would be noticed like that.

Star however has dominated at a position which isn't as easily schemed for. I am not sure you can get similar production later in the draft. I don't think there's a whole lot between Star and Hankins and I really like Richardson but after that you aren't getting the same level of dominance. Short is a good player and Floyd from Florida may turn into a good player but the level of DT play drops significantly the later we go in this draft

I think Barkley is being treated too harshly at this point, he is still IMO, a top 20 prospect, likely to go a bit higher because of his position, so I won't be surprised to see him go top 15. I do agree, he was over hyped at the beginning of the season.

I really think Star has a shot to go #1 overall although a QB may surpass him. I also agree that Hankins isn't far behind him on draft boards. I'm not as high on Richardson as you.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.