Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   College Gameday Thread: Week 12 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54497)

draftguru151 11-13-2012 07:36 AM

College Gameday Thread: Week 12

Wednesday night:
Ohio vs Ball State (ESPNU)
Toledo vs Northern Illinois (ESPN2)

Thursday night:
North Carolina vs Virginia (ESPN)

Friday night:
FIU vs FAU (ESPNU)
Hawaii vs Air Force (ESPN2)

Saturday noon:
Iowa vs #21 Michigan (ESPN)
Northwestern vs Michigan State (ESPN2)
#10 FSU vs Maryland (ESPNU)
#25 Washington vs Colorado (FX)

Saturday afternoon:
#18 USC vs #17 UCLA (FOX)
Ole Miss vs #7 LSU (CBS)
Wake Forest vs #3 Notre Dame (NBC)
North Carolina State vs #11 Clemson (ABC/ESPN2)
Ohio State vs Wisconsin (ABC/ESPN2)
Duke vs Georgia Tech (ESPNU)

Saturday night:
#12 Oklahoma vs West Virginia (FOX)
Tennessee vs Vanderbilt (ESPN2)
Syracuse vs Mizzou (ESPNU)
#13 Stanford vs #2 Oregon (ABC)
Arizona vs Utah (ESPNU)
BYU vs San Jose State (ESPN2)
#1 Kansas State vs Baylor (ESPN)

jrdrylie 11-13-2012 08:50 AM

UCF-Tulsa this weekend to decide who gets home field advantage in the C-USA Conference Championship Game. Outside of some crazy circumstance, these two will face each other again in the Championship.

Giantsfan1080 11-13-2012 09:16 AM

Big game for Rutgers @ Cincy. Should be a good one.

SuperMcGee 11-13-2012 01:15 PM

The MAC division champions should become clear this week. Winners of Toledo-Northern Illinois and Kent State-Bowling Green will likely meet in the championship. Really wish Toledo would have won last week to keep the prior game a little more high-profile. Both teams would have been on 9-game winning streaks :/

MassNole 11-13-2012 01:52 PM

FSU is about -30 right now. Maryland has a good defense, but even with a real QB they'd have trouble doing anything on offense. Barring Diggs breaking a play, FSU should shut them out.
------------------------

The SEC slate of games this weekend has got to be the most embarrassing slate of November games a conference could ever collectively schedule.

JoeJoeBrown 11-13-2012 03:01 PM

LOL

BuckeyeDan17 11-13-2012 03:18 PM

Anyone giving Stanford a chance here? I just cant see it. I like the way Stanford plays and I love David Shaw but Oregon looks like a train firing on all cylindars that will go through everything that stands in the way.

soybean 11-13-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 (Post 3181539)
Anyone giving Stanford a chance here? I just cant see it. I like the way Stanford plays and I love David Shaw but Oregon looks like a train firing on all cylindars that will go through everything that stands in the way.

for maybe a half.

The thing that sucks with this Oregon team is we haven't nor will we likely see them tested. I want to see Mariota in the same setting that Manziel was in this past week so we can better gauge him.

I really doubt kstate will lose but it'd be great if they did.

SickwithIt1010 11-13-2012 04:17 PM

Might give Stanford a chance at covering the spread depending on what its at but thats about it. Not actually winning the game.

jrdrylie 11-13-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassNole (Post 3181476)
FSU is about -30 right now. Maryland has a good defense, but even with a real QB they'd have trouble doing anything on offense. Barring Diggs breaking a play, FSU should shut them out.
------------------------

The SEC slate of games this weekend has got to be the most embarrassing slate of November games a conference could ever collectively schedule.

Eight non-conference games, seven of which are against FCS schools. And the only team playing a real team is one of the new members (Missouri). Just ridiculous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 (Post 3181576)
Might give Stanford a chance at covering the spread depending on what its at but thats about it. Not actually winning the game.

It's at 20.5 right now with the over/under around 64. Definitely take the over.

SolidGold 11-14-2012 01:11 PM

I am looking forward to seeing NIU play tonight. They have a real under the radar QB in Jordan Lynch putting up Heisman type numbers - granted it's in the MAC. He has 35 total TDs so far this season, has 1342 yards rushing and 2175 passing.

Notredameleo 11-14-2012 03:31 PM

I definitely think Stanford has a chance. It will be the best defense they will play all season, unless they win and face ND (not guaranteed) in the title game.

SolidGold 11-14-2012 04:42 PM

I thought Stanford had a chance last year due to Luck and the running game yet Oregon was still able to throttle them. I could make the same argument this year. I think Hogan is intriguing and could be an x-factor just because he is an unknown which helps him but also hurts due to lack of experience. I really like Stephan Taylor and think he is one of the more underrated RBs in the CFB.

Oregon has some significant injuries on defense and I think Stanford's defense is very good. Big, strong and can get to the QB.

Hopefully it will be an interesting game to watch.

draftguru151 11-15-2012 09:10 PM

Gio Bernard wide open TD up the seam puts UNC up by 2 TDs over UVA.

keylime_5 11-16-2012 11:35 AM

It's weird seeing the #1 ranking next to K-State on the commercials advertising their game against Baylor this weekend. Idk, I guess it seems like Oregon should be #1, but it really doesn't matter. Oregon, KState, and Notre Dame are basically 1A/1B/1C.

Hines 11-17-2012 11:19 AM

Looks like Michael Mauti might have blown out his knee for the third straight year...

BuckeyeDan17 11-17-2012 11:42 AM

huge bummer to see touissant (sp? sorry) hurt like that.

FuzzyGopher 11-17-2012 11:49 AM

Logan Thomas sucks but he has a real nice deep ball.

draftguru151 11-17-2012 11:58 AM

Iowa's game plan today is throw to Fiedorowicz apparently.

Smooth Criminal 11-17-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keylime_5 (Post 3183386)
It's weird seeing the #1 ranking next to K-State on the commercials advertising their game against Baylor this weekend. Idk, I guess it seems like Oregon should be #1, but it really doesn't matter. Oregon, KState, and Notre Dame are basically 1A/1B/1C.

No way. With the BCS ther can never be a 1C.

Terrible roughing call against Michigan right there.

scottyboy 11-17-2012 12:13 PM

Guys, start pimping Khaseem Greene and Logan Ryan if you wanna look like an internet football genius. thank me later

Babylon 11-17-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 (Post 3181539)

Everything would have to fall in place. A sloppy field probably wouldn't hurt to start with.

Cal, i thought, had some success early in really loading up on the run. Mariota was able to connect on several passing plays but it worked for awhile. On offense you have to control the clock and Stanford may be able to do that. If Stanford loads up the box look for the Oregon TE to have a big day.

Brent 11-17-2012 12:26 PM

this kid for Michigan at QB is looking good.

draftguru151 11-17-2012 12:29 PM

Michigan's offense has been really fun to watch today.

Smooth Criminal 11-17-2012 12:31 PM

Can't find a game worth watching right now.

Watching Big Ten network to get my monies worth if nothing else. Gonna have to remember to cancel that after the season. But I think it's built in with NFL Network so they'll have me till then.