Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Oday Oboushi, OT, Virginia (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54514)

Brown Leader 11-14-2012 08:12 PM

Oday Oboushi, OT, Virginia

Anyone else recognize the beast that is Oday? Top 20 prospect.

JohnCandy 11-14-2012 08:49 PM

He is under rated right now.

The guy is a really strong pass protector and has some nice balance for a man his size.

Top 20 is possible if he tests like he can stay at LT and with what juniors declare.

If Joekyl and Mathews don't declare then this class gets pushed up big time.

Like him, don't love him.

Malaka 11-14-2012 09:41 PM

Oday is the man, and without him UVa's offense would fall apart.

He has good size, and is a great pass protector. I would like to see him offer a little more in the run. Then again its hard to judge because anywhere Kevin Parks and Perry Jones run its for 3 YPC.

If Oday wasn't there Rocco, Sims, or both would be dead by now.

PossibleCabbage 11-15-2012 01:15 PM

My sense is that he's a better Kelechi Osemele. Balance and footwork aren't great, but you can't teach huge. Some team will probably love him, but he's not my type of OT, honestly.

princefielder28 11-15-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage (Post 3182834)
My sense is that he's a better Kelechi Osemele. Balance and footwork aren't great, but you can't teach huge. Some team will probably love him, but he's not my type of OT, honestly.

His balance is what scares me off as well

Iamcanadian 11-15-2012 03:40 PM

Right now I don't see him in the top 20 but he is still a solid round 1 prospect. The post season will sort it out.

VAfy-ya 11-15-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaka (Post 3182498)
Oday is the man, and without him UVa's offense would fall apart.

He has good size, and is a great pass protector. I would like to see him offer a little more in the run. Then again its hard to judge because anywhere Kevin Parks and Perry Jones run its for 3 YPC.

If Oday wasn't there Rocco, Sims, or both would be dead by now.

Great pass-protector? No, he's average. Honestly, I'd say he's overated. He has looked very soft and stiff at the point of attack all season. The O-Line has been horrible all year, mainly because of the interior guys. But Moses and O have both had moments when they've looked like crap, far too often. He hasn't look like the player he was touted to be before the season.

Malaka 11-16-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VAfy-ya (Post 3183082)
Great pass-protector? No, he's average. Honestly, I'd say he's overated. He has looked very soft and stiff at the point of attack all season. The O-Line has been horrible all year, mainly because of the interior guys. But Moses and O have both had moments when they've looked like crap, far too often. He hasn't look like the player he was touted to be before the season.

I initially thought he was overrated the first few games of the season. But he impressed me later on, as he holds his own while the rest of the line is a sieve.

He is so much better compared to the rest of the line. It is hard to get a good look at him. He gets zero help.

Almost all of the pressure comes from the up the middle, the interior of the line. Like you said, the interior of the line blows. I can't tell you how many times I saw the center or guards get blown up giving neither Rocco nor Sims time to throw. Aboushi on the other hand has played well at LT, and last night the run game showed up... although I think that may have more to do UNC's defense rather than some new found road grading ability.

Aboushi's ceiling is a high/mid 2nd round pick, while I believe his floor would be in the late third. I think he can play both LT and RT.

I like Aboushi a lot, and with good coaching he can can be an upper level starter in the NFL. If Will Beatty didn't wake up this year like he has, I would have loved the Giants to take this guy in round 2 or 3.

If anyone is soft it's Moses.

EDIT: The guy is really love... is number 83... Jake McGee... heir to the Heath Miller throne? I think yes. But that's a prospect for next year or in two years from now.

regoob2 11-16-2012 02:55 PM

He reminds me a bit of Nate Solder. All the tools but doesn't get the job done as often as he should.

Matthew Jones 11-16-2012 03:30 PM

Big, physical, extremely aggressive, decent in pass protection, more of an inline player, gets very grabby and could get called for a bunch of penalties. I see him as a right tackle.

JohnCandy 11-30-2012 05:13 PM

Where does he rank in the OT rankings?

princefielder28 11-30-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnCandy (Post 3196131)
Where does he rank in the OT rankings?

among seniors...

1. Eric Fisher :: CENTRAL MICHIGAN
2. Brian Winters :: KENT STATE
3. Kyle Long :: OREGON
4. Lane Johnson :: OKLAHOMA
5. Rick Wagner :: WISCONSIN
6. Oday Aboushi :: VIRGINIA

then depending on who enters the draft, there could easily be a handful of additional guys ahead of him