Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Who is the current OROTY? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54623)

jsagan77 11-21-2012 03:22 PM

Who is the current OROTY?
 
To me this is a stellar rookie class all around. I think this is a two horse race between Luck and RG3 but others need to have mention too. I loved Doug Martin, TY Hilton and Russel Wilson and all seem as good as advertised but others have risen up as well. My question to you is who is OROTY in your eyes? Also interested on who you think is the best value?

OROTY for me is RG3. He's simply amazing in every facet of the game already.
As for best value it's very tough for me because I thought Wilson was the best value on offense but Morris doing what he's done as a 6th rounder is absurd. I always said if Wilson were 3 inches taller he'd be a top 5 prospect and he hasn't swayed me from that opinion. Right now I'm on the fence about it but I'll give the edge to Wilson cause of the position he plays and the fact he beat out a high priced FA to start.

Ness 11-21-2012 03:24 PM

Alfred Morris or Doug Martin.

Bert Macklin 11-21-2012 03:25 PM

Easily luck.

Polamalu_is_God 11-21-2012 03:25 PM

Muscle Hamster

jsagan77 11-21-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bert Macklin (Post 3188529)
Easily luck.

Not sure if serious.

VernonLawson89 11-21-2012 03:34 PM

AJ Jenkins IMO

Halsey 11-21-2012 03:41 PM

The Colts are 6-4.

tjsunstein 11-21-2012 03:41 PM

Blair Walsh deserves a mention

Matthew Jones 11-21-2012 04:07 PM

I'd go with Andrew Luck.

Jvig43 11-21-2012 04:09 PM

If I were to put my money on where the voters go it has to be RG3. If I was voting it'd probably be Luck. Those two are pretty much 1a and 1b and it isn't even close.

jsagan77 11-21-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halsey (Post 3188548)
The Colts are 6-4.

So it's RG3's fault his secondary is historically bad? If they could do anything to stop anyone the Skins would be first in their division. Plus the Colts have beaten ONE descent team. Rg3 has just as many passing TD's as Luck and Luck has 300% more INT's than RG3. RG3 also has 600+ rushing yatds and 6 rushing TD's.

OSUGiants17 11-21-2012 04:14 PM

If Luck leads the Colts to the 5th seed he has to win it. His leadership and stats are incredible. I know the voters will end up giving it to RG3, most of them made that decision before the year even started. If I had to rank the offensive rookies right now I have them like this:
1. Luck
2a. Martin
2b. RG3
4. Morris

keylime_5 11-21-2012 04:17 PM

1-Luck
2-Griffin
3-Martin
4-Morris

jsagan77 11-21-2012 04:41 PM

I'm interested as to why Luck is getting so many votes despite RG3 being superior in almost all statistical categories except passing yardage.

keylime_5 11-21-2012 04:59 PM

Griffin had a hotter start and he puts up numbers running and with completion pct in Shanahan's offense, but Luck has been on fire and is winning games. Both deserve it, but Luck should/will get it.

Trogdor 11-21-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsagan77 (Post 3188613)
I'm interested as to why Luck is getting so many votes despite RG3 being superior in almost all statistical categories except passing yardage.

Not sure if you are trying to be funny here. The Colts offense IS Andrew Luck. He has almost double the passing attempts of RG3. RG3 has the luxury of a great running game and a gameplan that suits college ball. So in essence the question is do you take the QB who has put a team on his back throwing the ball an average of 41 times a game or someone coming off a victory with 15 passes?

RGIII is a phenomenal prospect and is having a great year but it is much easier as a QB when you have a fellow frontrunner for OROY in the backfield behind you.

Based on Luck continuing to win and getting the Colts a playoff birth:

1) Luck
2) Martin
3) RGIII
4) Morris

LonghornsLegend 11-21-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsagan77 (Post 3188613)
I'm interested as to why Luck is getting so many votes despite RG3 being superior in almost all statistical categories except passing yardage.

I'm interested as to why you think the only thing that goes into these votes are stats. When Vince Young won RoY the first thing you read in any article was what his record was as a starter that year. It matters. Besides that, Luck has already broken the rookie record for most 300 yard passing games, so it's not like he doesn't have stats to go along with his team in the playoff race.

Caulibflower 11-21-2012 05:19 PM

1. Andrew Luck
2. Robert Griffin III
3. Doug Martin
4. Russell Wilson
5. Alfred Morris

jsagan77 11-21-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend (Post 3188628)
I'm interested as to why you think the only thing that goes into these votes are stats. When Vince Young won RoY the first thing you read in any article was what his record was as a starter that year. It matters. Besides that, Luck has already broken the rookie record for most 300 yard passing games, so it's not like he doesn't have stats to go along with his team in the playoff race.

Well neither of you have obviously watched the redskins this season. RG3 is the Redskins. W/O him I doubt the win a single game. He's been throwing to nothing at WR, has turned a 6th round RB into a stud rusher because teams are so focused on him and has kept his team in games that they should have never been in. And just as a caveat, he's very efficient and that could be why he doesn't need to throw as much. I mean how can anyone logically say that Luck is more important to his team than RG3? If anything it's a wash. And to dock RG3 because of his offensive scheme is ********. All he can do is execute the plays called and he's done that much more efficiently than Luck has. I mean Luck is in the same type of offense he was in college so why hasn't he been better at it?

jsagan77 11-21-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor (Post 3188624)
Not sure if you are trying to be funny here. The Colts offense IS Andrew Luck. He has almost double the passing attempts of RG3. RG3 has the luxury of a great running game and a gameplan that suits college ball. So in essence the question is do you take the QB who has put a team on his back throwing the ball an average of 41 times a game or someone coming off a victory with 15 passes?

RGIII is a phenomenal prospect and is having a great year but it is much easier as a QB when you have a fellow frontrunner for OROY in the backfield behind you.

Based on Luck continuing to win and getting the Colts a playoff birth:

1) Luck
2) Martin
3) RGIII
4) Morris

Maybe if luck was more efficient he wouldn't have to throw so much? Maybe if RG3 had a WR that could catch a cold he'd throw more. And make no mistake about it RG3 has won, it's the D blowing coverages for a living and recievers acting like the ball had AIDs on it that has lost the games.

Caulibflower 11-21-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsagan77 (Post 3188637)
Well neither of you have obviously watched the redskins this season. RG3 is the Redskins.

You say that as though the addition of Andrew Luck to the worst team in the league doesn't have anything to do with the fact that they're now 6-4. If it's not Luck, who's doing it in Indy? Reggie Wayne? No, he was there last year. Some mediocre running back? Their defense? No, no, no. It's Luck. Don't be ridiculous.

Quote:

W/O him I doubt the win a single game.
Sort of like the Colts last year?

Quote:

He's been throwing to nothing at WR, has turned a 6th round RB into a stud rusher
Behold!

Quote:

because teams are so focused on him and has kept his team in games that they should have never been in. And just as a caveat, he's very efficient and that could be why he doesn't need to throw as much. I mean how can anyone logically say that Luck is more important to his team than RG3?
ahem: Andrew Luck is a better passer than Robert Griffin, and his coaching staff places more responsibility on him when it comes to the passing game. Robert Griffin has been better in fantasy football, but is more of a one-man highlight reel than someone who improves the play of his teammates. When you combine that with the fact that some of his running has gotten him injured and thus unavailable to play, and that Andrew Luck has 5 rushing touchdowns on his own, you have a logical argument for Luck having a more impressive rookie year. Everyone knows Robert Griffin can make a defender look bad in the open field and throw it deep. Andrew Luck is valuable in every aspect of the game and doesn't make his teammates play to his strengths, because he's good enough to play to theirs.

Quote:

If anything it's a wash. And to dock RG3 because of his offensive scheme is ********. All he can do is execute the plays called
You don't think RGIII's various skills and, importantly, limitations affect which plays are called? You don't think that plays into evaluating him as a player?

Quote:

and he's done that much more efficiently than Luck has. I mean Luck is in the same type of offense he was in college so why hasn't he been better at it?
Because... this is the NFL?

21ST 11-21-2012 05:45 PM

Luck with RG3 a close second sounds about right

Halsey 11-21-2012 05:46 PM

I just don't find QB rushing yards to be all important a stat. How many teams have won Super Bowls with QBs who ran for lots of yards?

bigbluedefense 11-21-2012 05:50 PM

Luck and RGIII are close, but I give the edge to Luck. RGIII still struggles to read defenses a little. He's amazing, don't get me wrong, but he needs to improve his ability to read defenses to continue at his pace for next year.

Luck doesn't look like a rookie at all. If you didn't know who he was, you'd never know he was a rookie. Luck is everything he was advertised to be. And he's doing it on a Colts team that was clearly the worst team in the NFL last year without Peyton. And he's 6-4.

It's very close. RGIII is a very close 2nd to me. But I'm going with Luck.

Martin is probably 3 on the list.

TACKLE 11-21-2012 06:05 PM

Andrew Luck.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.