Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Max Wittek, QB, USC (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54701)

dregolll 11-26-2012 11:11 AM

Max Wittek, QB, USC

Max Wittek is a great looking young QB prospect. I mean he has everything you look for in the prototypical QBGreat size, great arm strength, and every single tool that you look for. Hes only a redshirt freshman so he has a few years to develop into a top notch prospect. I think he will be the #1 overall pick whenever he enters the NFL draft. He reminds me of Troy Aikman or John Elway type PAC 12 QB. Your thoughts please.

Shane P. Hallam 11-26-2012 11:31 AM

He's played one game. Let's wait a year before we get into this.

Don Vito 11-26-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam (Post 3192778)
He's played one game

That one game was for USC. Of course people will immediately link him to the top of the first round if he plays QB as a freshman for USC. Not trying to sound like a sarcastic douche but it is what it is.

FUNBUNCHER 11-26-2012 12:16 PM

IMO most arm talent at USC since Carson Palmer.

When I think USC, I think of guys with Wittek's physical skillset.

Don Vito 11-26-2012 12:16 PM

Having said that he looked like he has a ton of potential and looked pretty good making his debut against the #1 team in the country that is a big rival.

JRTPlaya21 11-26-2012 12:28 PM

This thread becomes pointless if he gets beat out next year by Max Browne.

Babylon 11-26-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 (Post 3192823)
This thread becomes pointless if he gets beat out next year by Max Browne.

Who was brilliant over the weekend by the way.

This thread lost me when the names Elway and Aikman were brought up. Give me a break.

Robcards 11-26-2012 03:21 PM

I'm more excited about Kevin Hogan from Stanford personally. Not sure what they're coaching over there but his mechanics are amazing for a only a RS Freshman. And yeah, Max Browne could beat out Wittek next year and Wittek will be the next Aaron Corp, let's wait and see there.

descendency 11-26-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 3192790)
That one game was for USC. Of course people will immediately link him to the top of the first round if he plays QB as a freshman for USC. Not trying to sound like a sarcastic douche but it is what it is.

With the previous trend, I would think it would be foolish to think he wouldn't be a top 5 pick in whatever draft he enters. It is too early to mention it, but he didn't show any obvious deficiencies that would preclude him from being a typical USC QB.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robcards (Post 3193013)
I'm more excited about Kevin Hogan from Stanford personally. Not sure what they're coaching over there but his mechanics are amazing for a only a RS Freshman. And yeah, Max Browne could beat out Wittek next year and Wittek will be the next Aaron Corp, let's wait and see there.

I want to get a chance during the time before the bowls (and during the ****** ones) to watch Hogan play some on ESPN3/Youtube. I've heard a lot of good things about him.

Scott Wright 11-26-2012 04:01 PM

As Shane correctly point out, it's still VERY early.

With that said I do think there were a lot of positive signs with Wittek and he may be the most physically talented Trojans quarterback since Carson Palmer. Certainly has a much, much stronger arm than Leinart, Sanchez and Barkley. It will be fun the watch the kid develop.

Babylon 11-26-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robcards (Post 3193013)

We'll never know but what would Stanford's record be if Hogan had played the whole season.

SickwithIt1010 11-26-2012 05:19 PM

He may not even be the starter next year, guys. The QB spot will be an open battle between Wittek (this years backup, and who you saw already) Max Browne (This years number 1 QB recruit, and the prototype for what you want in a QB....if you haven't seen this kid, you're in for a treat) and Kessler (who was our back up last year, who I personally like more than Wittek).

I'm personally pulling for Browne to be a 3 or 4 year starter for us, but after seeing Wittek and knowing what Kessler can do as well I won't be disappointing with any direction that we go.

keylime_5 11-26-2012 05:29 PM

Played one game...and he got to throw to Marquise Lee and Robert Woods in it.....let's let it play out. He was one of the top 5 QB recruits in the country coming out of high school and has a great arm. That isn't a bad start.

farfromforgotten 11-26-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 (Post 3193111)
He may not even be the starter next year, guys. The QB spot will be an open battle between Wittek (this years backup, and who you saw already) Max Browne (This years number 1 QB recruit, and the prototype for what you want in a QB....if you haven't seen this kid, you're in for a treat) and Kessler (who was our back up last year, who I personally like more than Wittek).

I'm personally pulling for Browne to be a 3 or 4 year starter for us, but after seeing Wittek and knowing what Kessler can do as well I won't be disappointing with any direction that we go.

They are both named Max? I can't take either of them seriously now.

edit: that's my in-depth scouting report for now.

SickwithIt1010 11-26-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farfromforgotten (Post 3193138)
They are both named Max? I can't take either of them seriously now.

edit: that's my in-depth scouting report for now.

Yup, Max Browne is the truth....whole truth and nothin but.

SolidGold 11-26-2012 08:00 PM

It baffles me to an extent that top recruits from back to back years would go to the same school. Its a win win for USC as the QB competition will bring out the best in both QBs but I wonder what the logic is for the recruits. Why not go to a school where you would have an easier shot getting the starting job?

SickwithIt1010 11-26-2012 08:13 PM

Which players are you talking about? Kessler and Wittek came in the same class and Kessler was better in high school so he committed after Wittek, while everyone expected Wittek to decommit and go elsewhere. Those are generally the type of players SC gets, guys who aren't afraid of competition. When you are a highly rated recruit would you seriously go somewhere afraid that you may never start? No, you would go in there with the attitude you would beat out whoever went up against you.

Browne is the same way, he is 2 years apart from the guys who are there now, but he likely thinks he can go in next year and win the job...or worst case maybe he feels he will sit a year or 2 before getting the job.

DcmRulz 11-26-2012 08:14 PM

If Browne beats Wittek out next year (I think it happens), Wittek becomes the next Aaron Corp.

Way too early to tell.

ChiFan24 11-26-2012 08:15 PM

Max Browne is hideously ugly. Wittek will handle him no problem.

AJP19 11-26-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidGold (Post 3193212)
It baffles me to an extent that top recruits from back to back years would go to the same school. Its a win win for USC as the QB competition will bring out the best in both QBs but I wonder what the logic is for the recruits. Why not go to a school where you would have an easier shot getting the starting job?

Taking it one step further, Kessler and Wittek were ranked no 2 and 3 respectively at their position in the same year.

Edit: I see someone beat me to it above.

Scott Wright 11-26-2012 08:47 PM

I've seen some clips of Max Browne and let's just say I think Wittek's job is safe.

ULT 11-26-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Wright (Post 3193261)
I've seen some clips of Max Browne and let's just say I think Wittek's job is safe.

agreed, browne needs to rs and fix his mechanics.

Caddy 11-26-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam (Post 3192778)
He's played one game. Let's wait a year before we get into this.

He is future Elway or Aikman. OP has spoken.

Malaka 11-27-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiFan24 (Post 3193232)
Max Browne is hideously ugly. Wittek will handle him no problem.

Why did you let me google him...

He looks like some sort of inbred mixed with a giant dinosaur/chicken.

Babylon 11-27-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaka (Post 3193576)
Why did you let me google him...

He looks like some sort of inbred mixed with a giant dinosaur/chicken.

The Manning boys aren't exactly Brad Pitt reincarnated.

I saw Max Browne's playoff game over the weekend and he was fantastic. Not sure if he comes in and starts right away at SC but i'll take him long term over Wittek.