Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   NFL Week 13 Discussion Thread. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54710)

Ness 11-27-2012 06:55 AM

NFL Week 13 Discussion Thread.

Thursday, November 29th

New Orleans Saints at Atlanta Falcons

Sunday, December 2nd

Jacksonville Jaguars at Buffalo Bills
Seattle Seahawks at Chicago Bears
Indianapolis Colts at Detroit Lions
Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers
Carolina Panthers at Kansas City Chiefs
New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins
Arizona Cardinals at New York Jets
Houston Texans at Tennessee Titans
San Francisco 49ers at St.Louis Rams

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Denver Broncos
Cleveland Browns at Oakland Raiders
Pittsburgh Steelers at Baltimore Ravens
Cincinnati Bengals at San Diego Chargers

Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys

Monday, December 3rd

New York Giants at Washington Redskins

Ness 11-27-2012 07:30 AM

New Orleans beat Atlanta. Help San Francisco out.

Matthew Jones 11-27-2012 07:36 AM

This looks like a pretty good week. I'm looking forward to the Thursday game for once, and after New England's game, it looks like Ravens/Steelers will be on. The night games look good as well.

Ness 11-27-2012 07:38 AM

I'm not looking forward to Philadelphia at Dallas, but the other two primetime games look great.

jrdrylie 11-27-2012 08:43 AM

I would say NBC should do their flex scheduling, but is there really another game better? The best two games are Settle-Chicago and Pittsburgh-Baltimore. But Chicago has already had five Primetime games and the AFC North game is going to suck if Charlie Batch is still starting.

Giantsfan1080 11-27-2012 08:56 AM

We win on Monday and we pretty much lock the division up barring a really epic collapse. I'd like to see if we could keep Bob in check seeing him for the second time.

abaddon41_80 11-27-2012 08:59 AM

At least this QB controversy is producing some entertainment.

Halsey 11-27-2012 09:03 AM

So how did Knowshon look the other day? Has he risen from the dead to help Denver reach the Super Bowl?

Jvig43 11-27-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njx9 (Post 3193525)
any game is better than another nfc east suckfest. a kc/jax game with blaine gabbert and brady quinn playing all 11 positions on offense at the same time would be better than the eagles/cowboys.

I know that this game doesn't mean much because they suck, but it should still be a close game. Idk the bright side is I have players on all four teams in that division so I wont complain. Plus like you said, at least RG3 plays monday night.

Denver Bronco56 11-27-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halsey (Post 3193524)
So how did Knowshon look the other day? Has he risen from the dead to help Denver reach the Super Bowl?

He looked solid, after rehabing and spending the last 8 games on practice squad i think he finally got a wake up call. He was excellent in the passing game both receiving and blocking and finally showed patience and ran hard.

49ersfan_87 11-27-2012 11:19 AM

Wow, Thursday Night Football looks like a great, meaningful game, one that I actually look forward to. Only took them 13 weeks or so to get it right.

Babylon 11-27-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 (Post 3193592)
Wow, Thursday Night Football looks like a great, meaningful game, one that I actually look forward to. Only took them 13 weeks or so to get it right.

Bears/Packers
Seahawks/Niners

descendency 11-27-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ness (Post 3193489)
I'm not looking forward to Philadelphia at Dallas, but the other two primetime games look great.

Yea. That will likely be the most watched meaningless game ever. Both teams are done. Philly will be mathematically eliminated with a loss and Dallas will be barely treading water with a win. If Dallas loses, then both will basically be done.

descendency 11-27-2012 11:32 AM

Anyone besides the Patriots ("mathematically") clinch their division with a win?

scottyboy 11-27-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njx9 (Post 3193502)
seriously? the least entertaining/most overrated/worst division in football to watch gets both the sunday and monday night games? the only worthwhile thing out of those two evenings is rg3.

I'm going to drop kick you right in your snatch

Jvig43 11-27-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by descendency (Post 3193602)
Anyone besides the Patriots ("mathematically") clinch their division with a win?

Broncos can as well.

descendency 11-27-2012 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyboy (Post 3193604)
I'm going to drop kick you right in your snatch

At least the Monday night game has playoff implications...

The Sunday Night game is just ****.

scottyboy 11-27-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by descendency (Post 3193606)
At least the Monday night game has playoff implications...

The Sunday Night game is just ****.

this is true. Although I guess at the time of scheduling it wasn't bad.

But njx is still a jerk. Our division may suck, but just wait until we lose a couple games and make our late playoff run. then you'll all see.

dan77733 11-27-2012 11:41 AM

Will be watching the Saints/Falcons, 49ers/Rams and Steelers/Ravens games. Cheering for the 49ers, Saints and Bears to win.

Jvig43 11-27-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyboy (Post 3193607)
this is true. Although I guess at the time of scheduling it wasn't bad.

But njx is still a jerk. Our division may suck, but just wait until we lose a couple games and make our late playoff run. then you'll all see.

Hes just happy that this is the first time his division isn't far worse. It practically is the equivalent of your division, just without all the media hype.

Bulldogs 11-27-2012 11:52 AM

Saints/Falcons should be a good one. Fully expect a shootout.

VernonLawson89 11-27-2012 12:34 PM

f**king Kendall Hunter out for the season also

:( !

BloodBrother 11-27-2012 12:49 PM

With an achilles tear. Ouch

Giantsfan1080 11-27-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njx9 (Post 3193621)
the afc west has always sucked. but we're not shoved down the collective throat of everyone watching football as the 'premier football conference in the nfl' in spite of that not having been remotely true in nearly 15 years.

Eyeballs = Ratings.

Shreckart 11-27-2012 12:51 PM

I've been thinking about this, it's only hypothetical and just wondering what you all would think. What if Andy Reid were fired the same year as Mike Singletary, and Harbaugh took the Eagles gig over the 49ers. How good/bad/different from what they are now do you think the Eagles would be? The Niners were 6-10 but with an abundance of talent in the last year of Singletary. Harbaugh came in with a solid draft class of Aldon Smith, CK, and Chris Culliver as their first three picks.

The Eagles on the other hand had the aforementioned "Dream Team" according to Vince Young, and had relatively equal talent level (minus the offensive line) as the Niners did. Coaching has obviously improved the Niners to Super Bowl contenders in both seasons of Harbaugh's coaching stint. But I just want to know what the Eagles, or what you think they would be like, if Harbaugh were to take them over because of all the talent they had.

I know you can never really know with all of the "what-ifs" but this is just a hypothetical question that I want to know if the difference in coaching would've made the Eagles Super Bowl bound.