Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Week 14 Discussion Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54783)

Hines 12-04-2012 01:42 PM

Week 14 Discussion Thread

Thursday
Denver @ Oakland

Sunday
St Louis @ Buffalo
Dallas @ Cincinnati
Kansas City @ Cleveland
Tennessee @ Indianapolis
Chicago @ Minnesota
Philadelphia @ Tampa Bay
Baltimore @ Washington
Atlanta @ Carolina
NY Jets @ Jacksonville
San Diego @ Pittsburgh
Miami @ San Francisco
Arizona @ Seattle
New Orleans @ NY Giants
Detroit @ Green Bay

Monday
Houston @ New England

Some solid games this week with Houston/NE, NO/Giants, Dallas/Cincy, and Baltimore/Washington.

I hope this is the week Ben is back.

Don Vito 12-04-2012 02:30 PM

Can't wait for Monday night, I am going to the game. Went to the Pats/Chiefs MNF game last year will be my first game since then. Pumped!

MetSox17 12-04-2012 02:35 PM

bigbluedefense 12-04-2012 02:50 PM

That's a big loss. Locklear was 10x better than Diehl. I hate to say it bc Diehl is one of my favorite Giants from this current crop, but he's done. He sucks something awful now.

But knowing the Giants, they'll win the next upcoming games that we should lose, and lose the ones we should win.

It's the Giant way.

49erNation85 12-04-2012 03:18 PM

Man Sf needs to get there ass in gear and start winning the rest of there games.Only worry I have is the NE after this week. Terrible lose this last week in St .Louis.

LonghornsLegend 12-04-2012 03:30 PM

Over/Under 2 TD's for AJG? I'm taking the over. Riley Cooper has posterized us in the end zone numerous times so this won't be pretty. If we can stop everyone else it should be close at least.

VernonLawson89 12-04-2012 03:30 PM

Unbiased 12-04-2012 03:49 PM

The ignorance on Twitter regarding the Jets vs Jags matchup is already in effect. People act like Tebow didn't play his very first NFL game in Jacksonville. And it sounds like he won't play anyway.

Pat Sims 90 12-04-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend (Post 3200866)
Over/Under 2 TD's for AJG? I'm taking the over. Riley Cooper has posterized us in the end zone numerous times so this won't be pretty. If we can stop everyone else it should be close at least.

Dez Bryant or Miles Austin will just make up for it. Terrence Newman will be covering one of them and I have a feeling the Cowboys will be going at him.

SuperMcGee 12-04-2012 04:53 PM

First half of season: #32 ranked run defense
Second half of season: #1 ranked run defense [through four games]

Oh, Bills.

LonghornsLegend 12-04-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 (Post 3201052)
Dez Bryant or Miles Austin will just make up for it. Terrence Newman will be covering one of them and I have a feeling the Cowboys will be going at him.

Jesus, Newman is still starting? I guess I just kinda assumed it would be Kirkpatrick and Leon Hall, though I hadn't kept up to see if either of those guys are healthy atm. Dalton has played great lately though and with you guys in the fight for a wildcard also it should be a close game. At least you can come out and enjoy the game to start, we'll be down 18 at halftime then frantically come back the entire 2nd half to make it a game.

Pat Sims 90 12-04-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend (Post 3201111)
Jesus, Newman is still starting? I guess I just kinda assumed it would be Kirkpatrick and Leon Hall, though I hadn't kept up to see if either of those guys are healthy atm. Dalton has played great lately though and with you guys in the fight for a wildcard also it should be a close game. At least you can come out and enjoy the game to start, we'll be down 18 at halftime then frantically come back the entire 2nd half to make it a game.

I would be shocked if the Bengals were up 18 at half. The only way I could see that happening is if the Bengals DL just destroys the Cowboys OL which is not out of the question because I could see Dunlap Man handling Free and Atkins Man handling Livings, Bernadeau and Cook.

wogitalia 12-05-2012 02:44 AM

I just witnessed a Cowboys fan who gave his team no hope and a Bengals fan that was confident in his team possibly destroying someone...

The Mayan's really might be right about 2012... It's just a messed up year.

Giantsfan1080 12-05-2012 09:21 AM

Sanchez will be getting the start for the Jets.

Wootylicous 12-05-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wogitalia (Post 3201646)
I just witnessed a Cowboys fan who gave his team no hope and a Bengals fan that was confident in his team possibly destroying someone...

The Mayan's really might be right about 2012... It's just a messed up year.

There is no hope in Tony Romo

cmarq83 12-05-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 (Post 3201734)
Sanchez will be getting the start for the Jets.

Schedule breaks perfectly for them. They'd be screwed if they were playing in New Jersey this week. He can pad his stats against the Jags, and perhaps hold onto his job a little longer. All I can hope for is for them to keep winning so we can see year 5 of the Sanchez era next year.

BuckeyeDan17 12-05-2012 12:26 PM

They still kept it together better than I would have.

bantx 12-05-2012 12:44 PM

How many asscheeks will Sanchez have to run into to get benched permanently?!

49erNation85 12-05-2012 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bantx (Post 3201873)
How many asscheeks will Sanchez have to run into to get benched permanently?!

Probably like 100,000,000,000,000,000 millions times.Rex doesn't wanna start any one else which is dumb. Put tebow in and watch the Magic go.

AntoinCD 12-05-2012 12:49 PM

They won't permanently bench Sanchez because of money. They can't cut him with their cap situation and Rex is going to play him because he isn't willing to have a guy make that much money to sit on the bench. My guess is they draft a developmental guy next year and have him sit and "learn" behind Sanchez to buy Rex some time

bantx 12-05-2012 12:52 PM

Learn from Sanchez lol.

I think it's dumb when that is used as an argument, he gets paid too much to sit on a bench well if he continues to suck like this this franchise deserves to suck for the next 5 years.

AntoinCD 12-05-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bantx (Post 3201885)
Learn from Sanchez lol.

I think it's dumb when that is used as an argument, he gets paid too much to sit on a bench well if he continues to suck like this this franchise deserves to suck for the next 5 years.

It is a dumb argument, but some head coaches and GMs are dumb. Sanchez was Ryan and Tannebaum's guy. They traded up in the draft for him, they stuck by him all these years despite all signs showing he wasn't improving. They also brought in Tebow but haven't played him, surely you don't trade away picks for a punt protector. Ryan and Tannebaum seem as though they won't admit their mistake in Sanchez and that is why he has been named the starter, and the only thing that makes any sense in that is financial reasons.

If it was for the better of the franchise the Jets would ride out McElroy to see if he is worth anything at all. It is clear that Sanchez is not the future for the Jets. However, due to his high cap number and the Jets skin tight cap situation it would be an absolute nightmare to turn away from him now, probably a decision that would see both guys fired. As it is Ryan will likely get another year

Grizzlegom 12-05-2012 02:50 PM

Is Kevin Kolb still hurt? I thought his injury was only a couple weeks thing...

In any event, Arizona going back to Skelton this week. If Kolb is healthy, I don't see why they wouldn't go back to him.

ArkyRamsFan 12-05-2012 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperMcGee (Post 3201055)
First half of season: #32 ranked run defense
Second half of season: #1 ranked run defense [through four games]

Oh, Bills.

SuperMcGee,

You got any idea why that is? I watched a little of some Bills games earlier in the year and it was just painful to see such lousy run defense. So now you are saying they have got that fixed?

It is no mystery that the Rams will be looking to pound Steven Jackson and hit with D. Richardson on the edge for some big gains. We need to run to set up our passing game (such as it is...).:facepalm:

At any rate the Rams are in town this week and my wife is from Cheektowaga so we absolutely MUST win so I can lord it over her for awhile and show her what a good sport I truly am.:banana:

General Zod 12-05-2012 06:09 PM

Percy Harvin is put on the IR ending his season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...njured-reserve

Oh well, we werent making the playoffs this season anyways. And now we have the worst WR corp in the NFL, easily.