Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Goodell is a loser and snitch (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54819)

Complex 12-07-2012 07:03 PM

Goodell is a loser and snitch

Quote:

Even in high school, Goodell enforced a personal-conduct policy. Bronxville High School required athletes to sign a pledge: No drinking or troublemaking, or they'd be booted off the team. The other players knew Goodell would rat them out for misbehaving. "They didn't like to see me come to a party," says Goodell. "I took that pledge seriously."
http://deadspin.com/5966254/roger-go...es-proud-of-it

descendency 12-07-2012 07:19 PM

I'd do it too if I thought they were going to cause a "serious" problem. I think that's a much less strict opinion (like if you are drinking at your parents house and aren't going to leave it's quite a bit different than if you are drinking in public and suck at driving anyways).

PoopSandwich 12-07-2012 07:26 PM

No drinking in High School seems like a pretty common and legit policy.

vidae 12-07-2012 07:28 PM

I knew this thread would TOTALLY deliver.

Gay Ork Wang 12-07-2012 07:29 PM

Pretty sensationalist Title there

MetSox17 12-07-2012 07:37 PM

snitches get stitches. **** roger.

Halsey 12-07-2012 07:39 PM

So what? Does he lose cool points now? Does he lose street cred for being a snitch?

Rosebud 12-07-2012 07:40 PM

Why am I not surprised that Goodell was a self-righteous douchemonger in High School?...Oh right, cause we're talking about Roger Goodell.

MetSox17 12-07-2012 07:54 PM

He was probably a hall monitor, too.

Bengalsrocket 12-07-2012 09:34 PM

Politically I'm pretty liberal when it comes to drug laws and people's rights. I'm for the legalization of marijuana and all that...

but how can you be against someone who is trying to stop kids from drinking in highschool? Is it simply because he was their peer at the time rather an authority figure? or am I not picking up on some heavy sarcasm here?

G Mobile 12-07-2012 09:54 PM

My mental image of Goodell as a fast and loose comish who doesn't play by anyone's rules (not even his own) is now shattered.

Malaka 12-07-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket (Post 3204606)
Politically I'm pretty liberal when it comes to drug laws and people's rights. I'm for the legalization of marijuana and all that...

but how can you be against someone who is trying to stop kids from drinking in highschool? Is it simply because he was their peer at the time rather an authority figure? or am I not picking up on some heavy sarcasm here?

Dude... drinking in High School is pretty common. I would despise my teammate if he told my coach I was drinking and then would not be allowed to play.

This does not surprise me about Goodell one bit.

Bengalsrocket 12-08-2012 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaka (Post 3204632)
Dude... drinking in High School is pretty common. I would despise my teammate if he told my coach I was drinking and then would not be allowed to play.

This does not surprise me about Goodell one bit.

I don't know how to argue this with you lol. Are you still in high school?

I only ask because of course when I was in high school I would have despised a teammate if he told my coach that I was drinking. But I'm an adult now and I find it perfectly acceptable to have someone help enforce a rule that I believe teenagers should actually be following.

It's not even about drinking for me. When I was younger I would go to extremely stupid lengths to break any rule -- and that often involved me putting myself or others around me in unnecessary danger.

If it was legal for teenagers to drink, then I would find it absolutely ridiculous that he just made up a rule that the team has to follow and he's going around to parties playing police officer. But that isn't the case here. The school required them to sign a pledge if they wanted to play, and all he did was uphold his end of the pledge.

He might not be the popular kid in school for it, but I don't think it makes him a loser.

Caulibflower 12-08-2012 03:52 AM

Found a picture of Goodell as a child.

Rosebud 12-08-2012 05:21 AM

I'm german and used to spend my summers in a country where you can start drinking at 16 and there's far less problems with alcohol and drunk driving, so I'm biased and always have been, but if a team-mate of mine had gotten some of our other team-mates kicked off of the team for having some beers at a party, there would've been ass whoopings involved.

Bengalsrocket 12-08-2012 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosebud (Post 3204738)
I'm german and used to spend my summers in a country where you can start drinking at 16 and there's far less problems with alcohol and drunk driving, so I'm biased and always have been, but if a team-mate of mine had gotten some of our other team-mates kicked off of the team for having some beers at a party, there would've been ass whoopings involved.

That's almost exactly my point though. Since it is illegal, teenagers often do really stupid things and abuse the circumstances of their situation just to drink.

I've already admitted that I wouldn't want one of my teammates to do this to me or my other teammates.

I don't view this as situation as if I was a high school football player. I'm viewing it as an adult.

cunningham06 12-08-2012 04:19 PM

Playas rise, haters fall, snitches die.

Brodeur 12-08-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosebud (Post 3204738)

Babylon 12-08-2012 05:18 PM

^
I thought with a name like Rosebud we could take him. Now i'm not so sure.

Jvig43 12-08-2012 05:29 PM

I mean, we probably all could have just assumed this. Nothing really news worthy about Goodell being Goodell.

BamaFalcon59 12-08-2012 05:50 PM

Definitely would have gotten his ass whooped at my HS.

Babylon 12-08-2012 09:14 PM

Thankfully i went to a highschool where they didnt ask us to sign pledges. Pledges are for #######losers anyways.

Ness 12-08-2012 09:18 PM

Bulldogs 12-08-2012 09:25 PM

In the words of the great Chief Keef,

"A **** *****, that's that **** I don't like
A snitch *****, that's that **** I don't like
A ***** *****, that's that **** I don't like"

Bulldogs 12-08-2012 09:26 PM

In other news either Complex is a 13 year old or Jon Vilma. Out to get Goodell every step of the way. Admittedly this is pretty douchey of the Rogmeister though.