Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Week 14: Chiefs AT Browns (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54823)

vidae 12-08-2012 11:10 AM

Week 14: Chiefs AT Browns

Discuss the upcoming game here.

villagewarrior 12-08-2012 11:23 AM

Back to their losing ways?

vidae 12-08-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villagewarrior (Post 3204798)
Back to their losing ways?

I think so. Last week was fueled by a tragedy. This week it should be back to business as usual.

SoCalBam 12-08-2012 12:10 PM

Think they will be down this week. Also it seems like the Browns are at least competetive in their games. Weeden makes some plays but glad he is not a Chief.

BuckeyeDan17 12-08-2012 12:34 PM

Hai guyz. Do you guys often try to get Charles to the edge? I haven't seen much of your squad this season. I don't really give a **** what others think about this being a game of bad teams, I am actually really looking forward to it.

vidae 12-08-2012 12:36 PM

Charles is a master at edge runs, so ya, we get him to the edge quite a bit.

King Carls 5 Year Plan 12-08-2012 12:44 PM

i see this as a huge let down. this team needs to exhale after the last 7 days events. this game is their exhale. Cleveland is WAY better than their record. they play good defense and, at times, they can move the ball well. they can run or throw (although a top WR is a huge need for them, IMO). playing @ home agaist a team ready to roll over seems like a recipe for a blow out. besides, the Chiefs can only keep it close against the really good teams.

BuckeyeDan17 12-08-2012 12:49 PM

Yeah he scares the **** out of me since Frostee Rucker at times is a liability with sealing. So, what is concerning is that since your defense is good and Weeden is inconsistent and prone to going 3 and out at a high volume - you guys could put up some points in bunches with Charles breaking some big ones and we fall behind early.

I dunno.

vidae 12-08-2012 01:07 PM

The more I think about it, the more I don't think this game is close. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong and I'm being way too emo with my Chiefs, but this really does have the feeling of one of those games where we get 30+ put on us.

BuckeyeDan17 12-08-2012 02:56 PM

I really don't understand what has you feeling like that given bow inconsistent our offense is dude

vidae 12-08-2012 02:58 PM

If your offense has been bad, ours has been worse. We had one good game and people think this will be turned around but it just doesn't work like that unfortunately.

And our D can show up some games and be completely lost the next. It's irritating.

BuckeyeDan17 12-08-2012 03:05 PM

I know first hand how painful Quinn is to watch. We have a ton of youth/inexperience blended with a borderline incompetent head coach; because of this I feel we are incapable of any kind of blowout. Probably in for an unexciting, low scoring affair.

King Carls 5 Year Plan 12-08-2012 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 (Post 3205104)
I know first hand how painful Quinn is to watch. We have a ton of youth/inexperience blended with a borderline incompetent head coach; because of this I feel we are incapable of any kind of blowout. Probably in for an unexciting, low scoring affair.

even with one of the better RBs in the NFL, our offense has been brutal. our playcalling has been brutal. and worst of all our QB play has been the worst. Neither Cassel or Quinn are capable of making any real throws down the field and our OC is calling plays that don't try to hide that fact. we accentuate our poor QB play by not allowing them to do anything at all. rather than admit that this season is done and just play with nothing to lose, we act like we are in the playoff hunt. last week has been the 1 game that has not fit the rest. our QB played well. we called some very creative plays and we went for it on 3 4th downs (converting all 3).

your defenses number 1 key is containing JC. don't try to stop him. thats where he gets his big runs. to many men in the box leaves no one to help the second level and JC wins every foot race. if you allow him 2 or 3 ypc and make Quinn have to make plays on 2nd & 3rd down, Colquitt will have a busy day with all the punts. this team, all season, has been looking for that time in every game when the momentum swings towards their opponents favor. most every time it happens, this team folds. watch for it. you can see the players on the sideline hang their heads. i'm guessing that the Belcher emotion is now long gone and this momentum swing will be even more devestating for them.

although, in the recent past, the Chiefs have been better at protecting the ball, they still lead the NFL by 4 TOs (32). i expect them to get back into their TO ways and give it up 3+ times this game.

all these facts, plus the complete ineptitude of our coaches, the inability to prepare a team our make in game adjustments and offensive line injuries are the many factors i take into account when i predict an ass kicking on sunday.

KCStud 12-08-2012 05:40 PM

Browns have a quality front 7 so I don't see Charles doing that well.

We also have a lot of injured starters. Not feelin a win this week.

vidae 12-09-2012 02:52 PM

Well, when we're right we're right.

BuckeyeDan17 12-09-2012 06:04 PM

I thought Charles was going to run for 295 after seeing the first quarter.

Sorry that you guys have to watch Quinn :/ I feel your pain.

vidae 12-09-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 (Post 3206534)
I thought Charles was going to run for 295 after seeing the first quarter.

Sorry that you guys have to watch Quinn :/ I feel your pain.

Hopefully not for much longer! Good game duder. Browns owned it.

Splat 12-09-2012 06:38 PM

More proof of what Bowe means to this team. The second he went down the game was over with no threat in the passing game. They still would have lost but my God do they have nothing else in the air with out him.

I can't wait to see him tear it up with some other team when the Chiefs let him walk...

vidae 12-09-2012 07:12 PM

I can wait for that. :(

TheMatriculator 12-10-2012 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat (Post 3206572)
More proof of what Bowe means to this team. The second he went down the game was over with no threat in the passing game. They still would have lost but my God do they have nothing else in the air with out him.

I can't wait to see him tear it up with some other team when the Chiefs let him walk...

Maybe he will and maybe he will continue to be the same DBowe that we have come to know and love. The guy that loses focus and drops easy balls he should have caught. I suspect that he wants top five money and he simply isn't a top five WR. Too many drops, too many deflections! Maybe someone will give him top five money, we certainly aren't the only dumb team in the league, but he doesn't deserve it.

Splat 12-10-2012 08:13 AM

I really don't understand your hate for Bowe? The guy has had 1000 yards in 4 out of 5 seasons and is on pace to do it again. That is with some of the worst QB play I have ever seen.

He is easily the best WR the Chiefs have had since Otis Taylor.

He does have some trouble with drops and focus but the good far out weighs the bad.

There are going to be a alot of Bowe haters missing him next year when our new bright and shiny rookie QB is throwing passes to Terrance Copper.

Bowe isn't a top 5 WR but he is easily top 15 and with a "real" QB I think he could be a top 10 WR.

vidae 12-10-2012 12:02 PM

A good QB will make even the scrubbiest of WRs look good (see: Luck, Andrew).

I'm just not a huge fan of Bowe, but I realize and admit we are severely lacking anyone else to pick up his slack.

villagewarrior 12-10-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3207325)
A good QB will make even the scrubbiest of WRs look good (see: Luck, Andrew).

I'm just not a huge fan of Bowe, but I realize and admit we are severely lacking anyone else to pick up his slack.

Bowe's relentless look-at-me attitude is just frustrating. Clearly he is the only perimeter weapon the Chiefs have. I don't think the Chiefs should break the bank for Bowe, if he wants to walk and get paid stupid money so be it. Every year there are receivers available in the 3rd, 4th, 5th round region that could make an impact and the Chiefs refuse to draft them in favor of 1st round busts like Baldwin and slot receivers like McCluster and Wylie.

Splat 12-10-2012 01:51 PM

He has probably played his last game as a Chief anyways.

http://www.rotoworld.com/

Quote:

Dwayne Bowe (ribs) has been ruled out for Week 15 against the Raiders.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reported late Sunday that the Chiefs feared Bowe suffered two broken ribs in Sunday's loss to Cleveland. If that's indeed the case, the impending free agent Bowe has likely played his last snap in a Kansas City uniform. The Chiefs will likely start Jonathan Baldwin and Terrance Copper on the outside against Oakland, with Dexter McCluster in the slot. Avoid the Chiefs' receiver corps in Week 15 fantasy lineup decisions.
:evil_laugh:

TheMatriculator 12-10-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splat (Post 3207070)
I really don't understand your hate for Bowe? The guy has had 1000 yards in 4 out of 5 seasons and is on pace to do it again. That is with some of the worst QB play I have ever seen.

He is easily the best WR the Chiefs have had since Otis Taylor.

He does have some trouble with drops and focus but the good far out weighs the bad.

There are going to be a alot of Bowe haters missing him next year when our new bright and shiny rookie QB is throwing passes to Terrance Copper.

Bowe isn't a top 5 WR but he is easily top 15 and with a "real" QB I think he could be a top 10 WR.

What did I say that made you think that I hate him? Actually I think we agree that he's not top 5 but he is top 15. I think he could be top 5 if he eliminated the drops and deflections. I just don't think that the Chiefs should pay him Larry Fitzgerald money because he clearly isn't at that level.