Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Week 15 Discussion Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54872)

Hines 12-11-2012 05:30 AM

Week 15 Discussion Thread

Thursday
Cincinnati @ Philadelphia

Sunday
NY Giants @ Atlanta
Minnesota @ St Louis
Jacksonville @ Miami
Green Bay @ Chicago
Washington @ Cleveland
Denver @ Baltimore
Indianapolis @ Houston
Tampa Bay @ New Orleans
Detroit @ Arizona
Carolina @ San Diego
Seattle @ Buffalo
Pittsburgh @ Dallas
Kansas City @ Oakland
San Francisco @ New England

Monday
NY Jets @ Tennessee

Some really good games this week. I'm looking forward to NYG/ATL, Denver/Baltimore, Indy/Houston, Pittsburgh/Dallas, and SF/NE.

The Monday night game is a snoozefest.

AntoinCD 12-11-2012 06:57 AM

Wooooo Pats/49ers on Sunday. Time to troll...

Do you know if you take Vernon Davis' stats from the last 3 weeks and Rob Gronkowski's stats from the last 3 weeks and calculated them for a full season Vernon Davis would have 101 more yards than Gronk? He is night and day the better TE

RufusMcDaniel 12-11-2012 07:02 AM

The monday night game will be amazing, I expect everyone to watch.

abaddon41_80 12-11-2012 07:31 AM

49ers should win this week if their pattern holds.

W - Packers
W - Lions
L - Vikings
W - Jets
W - Bills
L - Giants
W - Seahawks
W - Cardinals
T - Rams
W - Bears
W - Saints
L - Rams
W - Dolphins
(?)W - Patriots

Pat Sims 90 12-11-2012 07:38 AM

Cincinnati will find a way to lose Thursday night since they hardly ever win on prime time games.

Jvig43 12-11-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3208570)

Do you know if you take Vernon Davis' stats from the last 3 weeks and Rob Gronkowski's stats from the last 3 weeks and calculated them for a full season Vernon Davis would have 101 more yards than Gronk? He is night and day the better TE

Whoa chill out man, VD totally has 19 more yards then Gronk does these last three weeks. 9er fans can now totally argue that for these three weeks Gronk wasnt night and day better than VD.

MasterShake 12-11-2012 09:13 AM

I can't wait to see Tom Brady's smug face smashed into the turf.

vidae 12-11-2012 09:19 AM

Go Raiders! Oh god I need a shower now.

G Mobile 12-11-2012 10:39 AM

Is "night and day" the new "better and more productive"?

descendency 12-11-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 (Post 3208578)
49ers should win this week if their pattern holds.

W - Packers
W - Lions
L - Vikings
W - Jets
W - Bills
L - Giants
W - Seahawks
W - Cardinals
T - Rams
W - Bears
W - Saints
L - Rams
W - Dolphins
(?)W - Patriots

If the Patriots pattern holds, they should win. It's been W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W (in November/December home games)

Quote:

Gronk won't be the better TE this week either (likely).

BuckeyeDan17 12-11-2012 11:45 AM

omg omg it's week 15 and we're still not eliminated yet :D

Jvig43 12-11-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by descendency (Post 3208766)
If the Patriots pattern holds, they should win. It's been W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W (in November/December home games)

Gronk won't be the better TE this week either (likely).

But the difference probably wont be night and day.

abaddon41_80 12-11-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by descendency (Post 3208766)

Well I do expect the Patriots to win.

VernonLawson89 12-11-2012 12:14 PM

i hope Aldon gets the sack record atleast.

Not expecting a win either =(

49ersfan_87 12-11-2012 05:51 PM

This is a really good week of games. Giants/Falcons, Ravens/Broncos, 49ers/Patriots, Steelers/Cowboys, Colts/Texans, and Packers/Bears. That is 6 potentially great games.

Plus you have Bengals/Eagles, Redskins/Browns, Rams/Vikings, and Seahawks/Bills which are playoff relevant. It should be a fun week.

phlysac 12-11-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

The similarity is that neither one of them has Tom Brady throwing to them the last 3 weeks.

Congrats on perpetuating the feud :P

farfromforgotten 12-11-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 (Post 3208580)
Cincinnati will find a way to lose Thursday night since they hardly ever win on prime time games.

I almost went with Philly in the weekly pick em thread. This does seem like the type of game the Bengals will lose. Even though they shouldn't.

Can't wait to have some serious, in-depth, SF/NE discussion for the upcoming game this weekend.

Oh wait. I just remembered where I was. Hoping for a good game, at least. Belichick will probably find a way to contain Kaep, though.

Jvig43 12-11-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlysac (Post 3209253)
The similarity is that neither one of them has Tom Brady throwing to them the last 3 weeks.

Congrats on perpetuating the feud :P

Thats true but you do have a guy who just beat out a top 10 QB for the starting spot, so KP must be at least top 5 or something. Thats only four spots back from Brady of course :D

ryno626 12-11-2012 09:51 PM

What happened to the flex schedule? Or is the MNF game locked in regardless of the teams playing?

jrdrylie 12-11-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryno626 (Post 3209465)
What happened to the flex schedule? Or is the MNF game locked in regardless of the teams playing?

Monday night is locked in before the season.

49erNation85 12-11-2012 10:48 PM

Will be an awesome game Sunday night and can not wait either.

Davis has been out of site lately IMO. And 49ers need to use him more in the passing and down field. Don't hold back Jim!! Let Kaep lose against NE.

jsagan77 12-11-2012 10:53 PM

Just curious as to what might be Davis' trade value?

brat316 12-11-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryno626 (Post 3209465)

Flex is only for SNF.

I think with TNF counting as primetime, it limited a lot of flex. Since division dames can't be on prime time more than once, i.e. seeing Falcons and Panthers, on MNF and SNF/TNF.

AntoinCD 12-12-2012 04:45 AM

Wilfork and Spikes taking on that studly SF offensive line in the run game is gonna be so ******* fun to watch.

This 49ers team is tough to match up with. Normally Belichick likes to limit the top weapon, but the 49ers don't necessarily have a main guy. I could see them using Dennard to cover Crabtree and Talib to go with Moss when he's on the field and play a lot of cover 1 man.

I wouldn't be surprised either to see Mayo spy Kaep for most of the game with Spikes blitzing the A gap a LOT in base sets

Offensively for the Pats it's going to be interesting. The main advantage they get is with no huddle and not letting teams sub, but the 49ers can play base against most formations. Not having enough healthy guys to line up 4 wide kinda hurts because that would force the 49ers to change something defensively.

I think Lloyd could be set for another big game. I expect a mixture of Bowman, Willis, Goldson and Whitner to try and slow down Hernandez and Welker which would generally leave man coverage on the outside. Although, the Pats really need to get the ground game going. I think they can exploit Sopoaga and McDonald with how the offensive line has played recently and Mankins against Justin Smith is going to be crucial. I may eat my words but I actually like Solder's chances against Aldon Smith, he's exactly the type of rusher that Solder excels against.

Rosebud 12-12-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G Mobile (Post 3208693)
Is "night and day" the new "better and more productive"?

Number 10 will always be better and more productive than any 9ers fan.