Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   FASTER QB as we know it: RG3 vs Mike Vick. Cam vs Kaepernick (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54893)

Swoll_Cat 12-13-2012 12:45 AM

FASTER QB as we know it: RG3 vs Mike Vick. Cam vs Kaepernick

2 match ups:

Robert Griffin III vs Michael Vick

Cam Newton vs Colin Kaepernick

Which QB has the fastest IN GAME, ON THE FIELD speed. In Vicks case, lets assume he is absolutely healthy in A+ shape rivaling that of his prime Which QB would juke the **** out of and outrun some of the best defenders in the game. Since some of these guys have yet to enter their prime, lets go with what we know about them now. Who burns who?

niel89 12-13-2012 01:59 AM

If it's in his prime, Vick is the fastest & shiftiest QB probably ever. Griffin is fast as all hell, but Vick was lightning.

Kaepernick is faster but he does have a bit of a stride.

bigbuc 12-13-2012 02:01 AM

Vick by far.... Kaep and Rg3 are north, south guys to me.

TACKLE 12-13-2012 02:05 AM

Vick and it's close.

bam bam 12-13-2012 08:09 AM

shoot me now.

descendency 12-13-2012 08:39 AM

Vick without question. He was pure track speed fast and had the ability to cut leaving someone's ankles broken without really losing speed.

RG3 is fast, but not that elusive. Cam is elusive, but not that fast. Kaepernick doesn't strike me as either.

Jvig43 12-13-2012 09:46 AM

Its night and day Vick.

FUNBUNCHER 12-13-2012 10:20 AM

Straight line speed?? Vick maybe, but only slightly IMO.
IMO Vick has better initial explosion and quickness, but I suspect RG3 has better long speed than Vick.

Vick's longest TD run in the pros is either 53 or 58 yards, depending on what source you have. I'm not sure which game that was.

Everyone knows about RG3's 76 yd TD run against the Vikes.

Elusiveness?? Vick. Like many others I believe Vick could have been a pro bowl RB in the NFL if he switched positions.
But RG3 is more than a north/south runner.

Raw athleticism for a QB is a double edged sword.
Being the best athlete to ever play QB in the NFL made Vick dynamic and exciting, but it never made him a dominant NFL QB.

Speed and quickness should be used by a QB IMO to compliment his overall game, it can't be the foundation of what he does on the football field.

We can all imagine if the football gods suddenly gave Brady 4.3 speed. I doubt Brady would decide to start running for a 1000 yards a season. Brady would probably become unsackable,the Pats would probably have a 90% conversion rate on downs of 5 yards or less and Brady's play action would be mind numbingly indefensible.

I believe guys like Brady and Peyton would be very judicious in how they used their athleticism if they were elite athletes, since one of the goals of any QB should be to not get hit.

Vick in his prime, GAOAT(greatest athlete of all time) to play QB.

RG3 is the fastest currently playing.

And because I rate size/strength as an athletic attribute, Kaepernick and Newton are probably the best overall athletes playing QB today in the NFL.

RG3/CK/Newton are all significantly bigger than Vick, so I think their value to an offense long term is higher.

LonghornsLegend 12-13-2012 10:52 AM

I can't wait for the new thread next week on most athletic QB ever RG3 vs Cam vs Vick vs Kaep vs Elway

Wootylicous 12-13-2012 11:20 AM

This RG3 circle jerk is funny.