Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Week 16: Colts AT Chiefs (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54962)

vidae 12-18-2012 09:01 PM

Week 16: Colts AT Chiefs
 
I'm excited to see Andrew Luck. And that is about it.

Discuss the upcoming game here.

T-RICH49 12-19-2012 01:08 AM

one week closer to house cleaning by Hunt...I hope

King Carls 5 Year Plan 12-19-2012 05:57 AM

boy, were we ahead of our time. i remember clamoring for a young QB last season. "Suck 4 Luck" was pretty big around these threads. you'd almost think we could do Pioli's job better than he can. oh wait, in order to not do better, we'd have to do worse. i find that hard to believe.

1 team is in the playoff picture. 1 team is in the league basement. 1 team has losts to play for. 1 team doesn't. give me the team with heart and a QB. Colts 31 - Chiefs 9

RagingColt 12-19-2012 03:38 PM

Just a heads up, Luck has been playing rather inconsistent the last few weeks. Our O-Line esp the interior has been terrible and he's faced consistent pressure missing a lot of throws and rushing others. Our defense has been rather lousy vs the better backs in the league and I'd expect Charles to have a good day. Game should be closer then most think.

vidae 12-19-2012 04:43 PM

People said that exact thing last week, and we lost 15-0. This team has talent but no heart. There is no fight left in them. They're playing to not get hurt and waiting for next year. This game is over before it starts: Colts 28, Chiefs 7.

vidae 12-23-2012 03:59 PM

So the Broncos need to win out to secure a first round bye and home field advantage. They'll be ready to play next week. The Chiefs will have the #1 overall pick.

King Carls 5 Year Plan 12-23-2012 06:29 PM

question: if Denver and Houston both win next week, who gets the #1 seed?

T-RICH49 12-23-2012 06:33 PM

never has one game proven more how badly this team needs a QB.350 rushing yards and LOSE!?!?!?!

TonyGfortheTD 12-23-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-RICH49 (Post 3221005)
never has one game proven more how badly this team needs a QB.350 rushing yards and LOSE!?!?!?!

Your 2012 Kansas City Chiefs.

If anyone still had any questions on where the Chiefs should go in the first round of the draft, this game should of closed the book on that.

TheMatriculator 12-24-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD (Post 3221175)
Your 2012 Kansas City Chiefs.

If anyone still had any questions on where the Chiefs should go in the first round of the draft, this game should of closed the book on that.

No one in KC has any questions, no Chiefs fan anywhere has any questions.

The same for head coach, offensive coordinator and GM when the season is over. Anyone who thinks that Romeo, much less Daboll, shouldn't be fired (they've only had one year to put their "system" in) hasn't seen this team play. System, don't talk about system. Are you kidding me? System!

TonyGfortheTD 12-24-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMatriculator (Post 3221567)
No one in KC has any questions, no Chiefs fan anywhere has any questions.

The same for head coach, offensive coordinator and GM when the season is over. Anyone who thinks that Romeo, much less Daboll, shouldn't be fired (they've only had one year to put their "system" in) hasn't seen this team play. System, don't talk about system. Are you kidding me? System!

There shouldn't be, but we've got a lot of stupid fans.

People were posting on the Chiefs FB page that they needed to keep Cassel, get a new coordinator and draft Te'o.

Ugh.

TheMatriculator 12-24-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD (Post 3221595)
There shouldn't be, but we've got a lot of stupid fans.

People were posting on the Chiefs FB page that they needed to keep Cassel, get a new coordinator and draft Te'o.

Ugh.

Yikes!!! Now that's stupid.

I'm sorry but Cassel is done. The coaches have no confidence in him, the team has no confidence in him and, most of all, HE has no confidence in him. This has been a textbook case of how to ruin a QB who had limited skills to begin with.

I love Te'o but....:facepalm:

vidae 12-24-2012 11:58 AM

Some people on AHP are just as clueless. In the last week I've seen:

- Trade the first overall pick for Tony Romo
- Trade the first overall pick for Alex Smith
- Trade/Sign Alex Smith and draft Manti Te'o
- Trade/Sign Alex Smith and draft Luke Joeckel
- Sign Michael Vick and draft Dee Milliner
- Sign Tim Tebow (the worst)

Most of them have their heads on straight, but there is a very small group that just doesn't get it.

TheMatriculator 12-24-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3221686)
Some people on AHP are just as clueless. In the last week I've seen:

- Trade the first overall pick for Tony Romo
- Trade the first overall pick for Alex Smith
- Trade/Sign Alex Smith and draft Manti Te'o
- Trade/Sign Alex Smith and draft Luke Joeckel
- Sign Michael Vick and draft Dee Milliner
- Sign Tim Tebow (the worst)

Most of them have their heads on straight, but there is a very small group that just doesn't get it.

And that's why I stopped reading the forums at AHP. DUH!!!

TonyGfortheTD 12-24-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3221686)
Some people on AHP are just as clueless. In the last week I've seen:

- Trade the first overall pick for Tony Romo
- Trade the first overall pick for Alex Smith
- Trade/Sign Alex Smith and draft Manti Te'o
- Trade/Sign Alex Smith and draft Luke Joeckel
- Sign Michael Vick and draft Dee Milliner
- Sign Tim Tebow (the worst)

Most of them have their heads on straight, but there is a very small group that just doesn't get it.

The "lets get Chase Daniel" thing made me laugh.

King Carls 5 Year Plan 12-24-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3221686)
- Sign Tim Tebow (the worst)

uncle, cousin and nephew (all in-laws. i get to blame my wifes side of the family) said this exact thing toward the end of the Colts game. as they see it scroll across the bottom that some dumbass is reporting Jacksonville wants Tebow, "why dont the Chiefs trade for him?" at 1st i laughed, thinking they were joking. my friends and i have joked about this same thing. mocking it as a Pioliish move (you know one that doesn't work out in the end). then i realized they weren't joking and i started to calmly explain that Tebow isn't good. that made them mad. "he won a damn playoff game. he's way better than Cassel AND Quinn." he really emphasized the AND! this made me mad. now this is when the conversation took a turn and went more argument than discussion. no matter what i said, they didn't want to hear it. my final point was that even after winning the division AND winning a playoff game, the Broncos still felt it necessary to go out and upgrade the QB position.

i left the house yesterday, mind completely blown, that 3 fans of football, that have some idea of how the game works (so i thought), watch football on a weekly basis, still think Tim Tebow is worth picking up as our starting QB!?! WTF!!!

King Carls 5 Year Plan 12-24-2012 05:17 PM

its almost like we have been brainwashed by this orginization to believe trading for someone elses QB is always the best answer. why is that always everyones answer? like we haven't learned our damn lesson from doing that time after time. miss after miss.

its like the Royals fans not liking the Myers trade. we've always been told we are 2,3 maybe even 4 years away and that all the talent is down in the minors. well, not this year. they're making a push and they traded away that talent down in the minors for a pitcher. they are going for it THIS YEAR! sure they, gave up alot, but you gotta crack some eggs to make an omelete. but these fans have been brainwashed into needing the next best guy in the minors ready to come up. gotta give it up for the team making it a now or never year.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.