Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   December 26th Mock Draft (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55008)

Matthew Jones 12-26-2012 10:26 AM

December 26th Mock Draft

Last attempt before the end of the regular season! Let me know what you think.

December 26th Mock Draft

1. Kansas City Chiefs - QB Geno Smith, West Virginia

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - DT Star Lotulelei, Utah

3. Oakland Raiders - LB Jarvis Jones, Georgia*

4. Philadelphia Eagles - OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M*

5. Detroit Lions - DE Bjoern Werner, Florida St.*

6. Buffalo Bills - CB Dee Milliner, Alabama*

7. Cleveland Browns - DE Damontre Moore, Texas A&M*

8. Tennessee Titans - LB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame

9. Arizona Cardinals - QB Matt Barkley, Southern California

10. San Diego Chargers - NT Johnathan Hankins, Ohio St.*

11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - CB Johnthan Banks, MIssissippi St.

12. New York Jets - DE Barkevious Mingo, Louisiana St.*

13. Carolina Panthers - OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan*

14. Pittsburgh Steelers - DT John Jenkins, Georgia

15. Miami Dolphins - OG Chance Warmack, Alabama

16. New Orleans Saints - DE Sam Montgomery, Louisiana St.*

17. St. Louis Rams - OT Jake Matthews, Texas A&M*

18. Dallas Cowboys - FS Eric Reid, Louisiana St.*

19. New York Giants - DE Ezekiel Ansah, Brigham Young

20. Chicago Bears - OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan

21. Cincinnati Bengals - DE Alex Okafor, Texas

22. St. Louis Rams (from Redskins) - WR Keenan Allen, California*

23. Minnesota Vikings - DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri*

24. Indianapolis Colts - OG Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina

25. Baltimore Ravens - DE Dion Jordan, Oregon

26. Seattle Seahawks - WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia

27. San Francisco 49ers - WR Terrence Williams, Baylor

28. Green Bay Packers - TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame*

29. New England Patriots - CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida St.*

30. Denver Broncos - DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida*

31. Houston Texans - WR Robert Woods, Southern California*

32. Atlanta Falcons - DT Kawann Short, Purdue

killxswitch 12-26-2012 10:44 AM

I'd take Dion Jordan over Cooper for the Colts. Need is about the same and Jordan is higher value. I don't trust Cooper as a starting guard anyway. Not in the 1st.

Matthew Jones 12-26-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 3222600)
I'd take Dion Jordan over Cooper for the Colts. Need is about the same and Jordan is higher value. I don't trust Cooper as a starting guard anyway. Not in the 1st.

I considered Jordan, but I have Cooper with a moderately higher grade.

Cigaro 12-26-2012 11:16 AM

Lewan would certainly fit a need, but Jenkins would be an equally good pick in that situation.

Matthew Jones 12-26-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigaro (Post 3222622)
Lewan would certainly fit a need, but Jenkins would be an equally good pick in that situation.

Yeah, I considered him as well, but I have Lewan as the better value.

Robcards 12-26-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Jones (Post 3222593)
4. Philadelphia Eagles - OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M*

6. Buffalo Bills - CB Dee Milliner, Alabama*

8. Tennessee Titans - LB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame

13. Carolina Panthers - OT Taylor Lewan, Michigan*

4. All indications are that Peters will be back for 2013 at LT, I don't see why they would draft a LT.

6. Bills have a million needs, so relatively Stephon Gilmore and Aaron Williams are set at corner. Safety, DE, QB, and WR will all be much bigger needs. Also don't see Milliner falling to 6 as the clear cut #1 corner in a relatively weak draft class at the top.

8. Titans are set at LB. McCarthy, Zach Brown, Ayers, etc. don't see why they'd take another one so high, 8 is extremely high for LB, Te'o will have to put up Kuechly-like measurables at the combine to even come close to that.

13. Is something wrong with Jordan Gross? I thought he was one of the better LTs in the league and he's locked up for the Panthers for a few years I think.

prock 12-26-2012 12:29 PM

I dig Richardson for the Vikes especially with the depth at WR. Wouldnt mind taking one in the first anyway though

vidae 12-26-2012 12:32 PM

Great KC pick.

Matthew Jones 12-26-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robcards (Post 3222643)
4. All indications are that Peters will be back for 2013 at LT, I don't see why they would draft a LT.

6. Bills have a million needs, so relatively Stephon Gilmore and Aaron Williams are set at corner. Safety, DE, QB, and WR will all be much bigger needs. Also don't see Milliner falling to 6 as the clear cut #1 corner in a relatively weak draft class at the top.

8. Titans are set at LB. McCarthy, Zach Brown, Ayers, etc. don't see why they'd take another one so high, 8 is extremely high for LB, Te'o will have to put up Kuechly-like measurables at the combine to even come close to that.

13. Is something wrong with Jordan Gross? I thought he was one of the better LTs in the league and he's locked up for the Panthers for a few years I think.

It's possible, but Peters has suffered a few serious injuries and Herremans may be better suited at guard. I considered Milliner as well.

Aaron Williams is an abomination. I think Mark Anderson's contract may earn him another year, although I agree that they may look at other positions. I considered Tyler Wilson but determined that the value wasn't worth it.

McCarthy has had a terrible season in Tennessee. I think they would readily replace him with a stud like Te'o.

Gross has a big contract figure and may not be part of Carolina's long-term plans. They desperately need a right tackle, and Joeckel could eventually slide into the left tackle spot.

ChicagoBearsVet23 12-26-2012 01:08 PM

Decent Bears pick although I'd prefer Jordan if Mathews and Lewan are off the board.

nobodyinparticular 12-26-2012 02:02 PM

Jarvis Jones over Moore?

Phins827 12-26-2012 02:07 PM

Chance Warmack? Smh

ChicagoBearsVet23 12-26-2012 02:12 PM

Give the Phins Ansah, the Giants Fisher, and the Bears Warmack.

Robcards 12-26-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew Jones (Post 3222658)
It's possible, but Peters has suffered a few serious injuries and Herremans may be better suited at guard. I considered Milliner as well.

Aaron Williams is an abomination. I think Mark Anderson's contract may earn him another year, although I agree that they may look at other positions. I considered Tyler Wilson but determined that the value wasn't worth it.

McCarthy has had a terrible season in Tennessee. I think they would readily replace him with a stud like Te'o.

Gross has a big contract figure and may not be part of Carolina's long-term plans. They desperately need a right tackle, and Joeckel could eventually slide into the left tackle spot.

Milliner would be a much better pick for the Eagles as it looks as though DRC and maybe even Asomugha may be gone. Boykin looks to be the only corner who's job is safe.

Aaron Williams is only in his 2nd year though, so he could improve. As open as the Bills are, if they were considering him a bust and moving on from him they would have let it be known. QB and a #1 WR will be the top priorities for them in the off-season and there is no secret about that.

If that is the case, then they'd simply move Zach Brown (who is awesome, as many of us draftniks who were big on him last year know) to the every-down mike position. LB just isn't a need for them at all, which it pretty much has to be to take one that high.

Are you just speculating about the Panthers cutting Gross or are you getting this from somewhere? Really interested to know the source on that because I haven't heard anything about that and he's signed through 2014 with an 8.7 mil cap number next year and 6.7 + 1 mil roster bonus in 2014, which seems fairly average for a starting LT, if not low.

49erNation85 12-26-2012 03:25 PM

Would rather have a CB for sf.

CJSchneider 12-26-2012 03:28 PM

There are a few players I would be happy to see NO take and Monty is one of them. He'd have instant local appeal and certainly fits one of our team needs.

fischbowl 12-26-2012 03:57 PM

Sorry RoP, Milliner over T'eo for Buffalo is an abomination

Seasonticketholder 12-26-2012 07:58 PM

For the Saints, I would prefer Dion Jordan over Sam Montgomery. I do applaud you, however, for getting the position right. I see a lot of people say DT, and I think we could stand to add one. But a DE to replace Will Smith is more pressing. Even more, we need to improve our pass rush. Adding Jordan to a line that includes the emerging Cam Jordan and the up and coming Akiem Hicks would be a smart move.

holt_bruce81 12-26-2012 09:21 PM

Love it for the Rams.

Pat Sims 90 12-27-2012 02:33 PM

I have a feeling the Bengals will hold off drafting a DE till later in the draft.

CJSchneider 12-27-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seasonticketholder (Post 3223014)
For the Saints, I would prefer Dion Jordan over Sam Montgomery. I do applaud you, however, for getting the position right. I see a lot of people say DT, and I think we could stand to add one. But a DE to replace Will Smith is more pressing. Even more, we need to improve our pass rush. Adding Jordan to a line that includes the emerging Cam Jordan and the up and coming Akiem Hicks would be a smart move.

I see Jordan being better as a 3-4 OLB. I also see DT as just as big a need as I do not see us resigning Ellis.

Cigaro 12-27-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robcards (Post 3222765)
Are you just speculating about the Panthers cutting Gross or are you getting this from somewhere? Really interested to know the source on that because I haven't heard anything about that and he's signed through 2014 with an 8.7 mil cap number next year and 6.7 + 1 mil roster bonus in 2014, which seems fairly average for a starting LT, if not low.

We desperately need a right tackle, and Gross is getting up in age with a big contract. Lewan would start on the right side from day one, and could be groomed to replace Gross when the time is right.

thebow305 12-27-2012 06:30 PM

Warmack isn't a terrible pick, but if we go O-Line, I'd prefer Jake Matthews.

Robcards 12-27-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigaro (Post 3223579)
We desperately need a right tackle, and Gross is getting up in age with a big contract. Lewan would start on the right side from day one, and could be groomed to replace Gross when the time is right.

I suppose that makes sense. Similar to lions situation last draft, but backus is quite a bit older and pick 13 seems high for a RT, future LT. I dunno I just don't see it I feel like the panthers have bigger needs and there's better players available. That and LT always seems to be overrated every year (see Reiff and Martin last year, top 10 on big boards for most of the year until the draft)

Cigaro 12-27-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robcards (Post 3223628)
I suppose that makes sense. Similar to lions situation last draft, but backus is quite a bit older and pick 13 seems high for a RT, future LT. I dunno I just don't see it I feel like the panthers have bigger needs and there's better players available. That and LT always seems to be overrated every year (see Reiff and Martin last year, top 10 on big boards for most of the year until the draft)

The only bigger need would be DT, and that would certainly be debateable. The right side of our line is atrocious, and it shows in the run game and pass protection. In today's offensive league and us having a young, franchise quarterback, a number of Panthers' fans would definitely prefer we go offensive round one.