Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Who Needs a QB? 2013 (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55071)

gpngc 12-31-2012 01:09 PM

Who Needs a QB? 2013

For the sake of discussion, who needs a QB, who will get who, etc.

*I'm assuming Flacco gets a deal done with Baltimore.

Definites:

Cardinals
Bills
Jets

Probables:

Jaguars
Raiders
Browns

Possibles:

Cowboys
Chargers
Eagles
Vikings
Titans
Buccaneers
Chiefs
Texans

Veterans possibly available:

Matt Moore
Matt Flynn
Brandon Weeden
Nick Foles

Prospects who may be drafted to be the franchise QB:
Tyler Wilson
Geno Smith
Matt Barkley
Tyler Bray
Mike Glennon
Ryan Nassib
Landry Jones

Glen Coffee retired from the NFL after one season.

Cigaro 12-31-2012 01:18 PM

I don't think Kirk Cousins should be considered a veteran, and I thought the Eagles were fine with Foles?

gpngc 12-31-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigaro (Post 3228217)
I don't think Kirk Cousins should be considered a veteran, and I thought the Eagles were fine with Foles?

"The Eagles" don't exist right now until they get their new decision-makers.

Will the new regime choose to roll with Foles as the starter? Maybe. Or they could go in an entirely different direction. Or they could just get some competition and let Foles duke it out with say, Bray.

Iamcanadian 12-31-2012 01:26 PM

Your 1st 6 looks about right but I'd only list Vick and Smith as worth signing as veterans.
In the end, it only matters what Ryan thinks of Sanchez, Jacksonville HC thinks of Gabbert and the Raiders HC thinks of Pryor. We may not believe in them, but if their HC's do, they won't use a 1st rounbder on one.

gpngc 12-31-2012 01:32 PM

How did Pryor look yesterday? His stats are ugly but he accounted for three TDs...

Cigaro 12-31-2012 01:37 PM

If Jacksonville does indeed bring in Tebow, I seriously doubt they go quarterback early. It would be too much of a clusterfuck of a QB group at that point.

vidae 12-31-2012 01:38 PM

In what world is Kirk Cousins a veteran?

gpngc 12-31-2012 01:39 PM

Guys, a veteran is simply the term used for any non-rookie pro player. Sweet lord baby Jesus Russell Wilson gee whiz golly gee.

derza222 12-31-2012 01:40 PM

Easier to just throw Cousins in the veterans bucket than create a new category just for him, I would assume. Hasn't played that long but he's not going to be a rookie, the tag's not wrong.

Regarding Iamcanadian's comment about Sanchez, I would be very surprised if the Jets' new GM didn't want to bring in somebody new at quarterback. Unless Woody Johnson is going to bring in a guy who just lets Ryan do what he wants, which would be a shame but a classic Jets move.

SolidGold 12-31-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpngc (Post 3228248)
How did Pryor look yesterday? His stats are ugly but he accounted for three TDs...

Pryor is not in anyway a starting QB. Since Tebow gets **** on this board so much Pryor should be getting **** on just as much.

gpngc 12-31-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidGold (Post 3228272)
Pryor is not in anyway a starting QB. Since Tebow gets **** on this board so much Pryor should be getting **** on just as much.

I assumed as much considering his entire college career and the fact that he's been on the Raiders for two years and was passed over for Matt freaking Leinart last week.

SolidGold 12-31-2012 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpngc (Post 3228275)
I assumed as much considering his entire college career and the fact that he's been on the Raiders for two years and was passed over for Matt freaking Leinart last week.

Ok just wanted to make sure we were on the same page. If Tebow put up those numbers he would be roundly criticized about his issues throwing the ball, accuracy blah blah blah so I am here to point out any hypocrisy when it comes to Pryor who is basically Matt Jones YET given the questionable decision to be able to start a game as a QB.

descendency 12-31-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpngc (Post 3228226)
"The Eagles" don't exist right now until they get their new decision-makers.

That. So many fans refuse to believe that when there is a real regime change, the established players are at ground level (just below players drafted and signed by the new regime).

Nick Foles will have to win his job, not just be handed it like it would have been with Andy Reid staying.

gpngc 12-31-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SolidGold (Post 3228286)
Ok just wanted to make sure we were on the same page. If Tebow put up those numbers he would be roundly criticized about his issues throwing the ball, accuracy blah blah blah so I am here to point out any hypocrisy when it comes to Pryor who is basically Matt Jones YET given the questionable decision to be able to start a game as a QB.

Matt Jones. Wow. Someone mentioned Glenn Coffee today. You forget these people existed and some of their stories are hilarious.

JRTPlaya21 12-31-2012 02:20 PM

Thank God you didn't list E.J. Manuel or Logan Thomas on that list.

gpngc 12-31-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 (Post 3228376)
Thank God you didn't list E.J. Manuel or Logan Thomas on that list.

I've been lazy this year but I'm not ********.

Raiderz4Life 12-31-2012 02:28 PM

Pryor is not going to be our QB.

We'll either draft one or keep sticking it out with the Red Rocket.

Lakim 12-31-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life (Post 3228385)
Pryor is not going to be our QB.

We'll either draft one or keep sticking it out with the Red Rocket.

i think we`ll stick with Palmer and will draft some project QB in 4-6 to compete with Pryor/

heavyduty 12-31-2012 09:40 PM

Dysert to the bills :)

Azhais 12-31-2012 09:50 PM

Maybe include Tampa, they want to bring in competition for Freeman

As it seems I can't even post an unlinked URL to the news til I post more, I guess you'll have to take my word for it.

San Diego Chicken 01-01-2013 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpngc (Post 3228248)

I thought he played pretty well all things considered. He's really poised for a young player, and he's very agile, maybe moreso than Newton. He did some real damage keeping his eyes downfield on the move and made a nice back-shoulder throw for a TD. In fact both of his TD passes were nice plays. However his arm is weak and his passes float far too much. Doesn't seem like he'll ever make a Aaron Rodgers style stick throw 25 yards downfield. His recievers need a nice large frame for him to throw the ball into. Still, he showed enough that he can be a pretty good backup long term. He can come in and do some damage against a team that hasn't gameplanned for him.

ace8842 01-01-2013 08:53 AM

I personally think the Eagles are fine with Foles. He's getting a bad rap because of his record, but the team around him would be hard for any QB to win with. Fact is, the Eagles lost their best 3 offensive lineman in Peters, Kelce, and Herreman. Any team that loses their best 3 lineman would be in trouble, and the depth was not there to cover for the injuries. Foles and Vick were hit on every other play. Bryce Brown fumbled probably 2 games away where McCoy was hurt. The Eagles offense isn't as bad as it looks. That is why I think the Eagles job is the 2nd best job out there or most attractive, behind the Bears. You have McCoy, Maclin, an offensive line not nearly as bad as it showed, Celek, Bryce Brown as a backup RB....I think Foles is a Big Ben type QB you can work with.

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 01-01-2013 11:24 AM

I tweeted this yesterday about the Bears...

@ESPNChiBears Any chance that Emery would part ways with Jay Cutler? Especially if they bring in someone like Josh McDaniels? #Bears

Not saying it will happen, but you never know.

nepg 01-01-2013 11:36 AM

If Jacksonville brings in Tebow, they better draft Colin Klein! If you're going to run an offense like that, commit to it!

nobodyinparticular 01-01-2013 12:24 PM

I would put Raiders in possible rather than probable. I think Pryor showed enough to Allen to go into next season as #2 and developmental guy.