Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Ted (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55099)

fishspinners 01-02-2013 10:01 PM

Ted

I've followed Teddy Bridgewater since his days at Miami Northwestern and always thought he would be a good college QB. Watching him right now against one of the best defenses in college(UF) is amazing. I really didn't think he was a contender for #1 pick in the 2014 draft until tonight. He is so calm dropping back and making his reads. He is making accurate passes with ease right now. Imagine if he was at USC and throwing to Woods and Lee! Louisville is going to be a preseason top 5 team and should run the table next season with there weak a** schedule. The Jags are going to be very blessed in the fact that there going 1-15 next year and landing such a special talent.

DeepThreat 01-02-2013 10:16 PM

That last sentence was simply brilliant.

Teddy is a remarkable quarterback with various superb qualities. His play far exceeds that of any quarterback in this draft or anyone else in college football.

prock 01-02-2013 11:38 PM

I'd say all those words are a sign of a bad writer. I was distracted reading (and annoyed) reading that post.

Yes I referenced the TV thread.

FUNBUNCHER 01-02-2013 11:39 PM

How did Bridgewater not end up at Miami, FSU or FLorida???

Babylon 01-02-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER (Post 3231065)

He's probably glad he didn't go to Florida with that offensive line of theirs.

vidae 01-02-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

He committed to Miami but pulled out when Shannon was fired, iirc.

Miaoww 01-02-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Randy Shannon.

bruschis4all 01-03-2013 05:49 AM

He looked so calm in the pocket. Tom Brady-esque. Great touch on throws. Excellent feet and running ability. Aaron Rodgers??

ph90702 01-03-2013 08:10 AM

Teddy Bridgewater is ten times better than Jeff "Overrated" Driskel. Driskel is a disaster at quarterback. How he was the #1 quarterback in 2011 is beyond me.

Cigaro 01-03-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruschis4all (Post 3231191)
He looked so calm in the pocket. Tom Brady-esque. Great touch on throws. Excellent feet and running ability. Aaron Rodgers??

I've said this on here before, but Tom Brady is exactly who I think of when I see Bridgewater. Calmly standing in the pocket, carving up the defenses with perfectly placed passes.

The main question about Bridgewater will be height. He's listed at 6'3", but I'm not personally sold. Looks more 6'-6'1" to me. I'd still take him in heartbeat, but as far as #1 overall goes, that may hamper him.

P-L 01-03-2013 09:02 AM

He's the real deal. It's too bad that he's only a sophomore. I think he could definitely challenge to be the top quarterback in this year's weak class.

Scott Wright 01-03-2013 10:00 AM

One only needs to look at my Twitter feed from during the Sugar Bowl to see how I feel about Teddy Bridgewater. That guy is THE TRUTH. Not only a great athlete with a big arm but just seems to have a natural feel for the game. Dare I say shades of Robert Griffin III?

Cigaro 01-03-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Wright (Post 3231278)
One only needs to look at my Twitter feed from during the Sugar Bowl to see how I feel about Teddy Bridgewater. That guy is THE TRUTH. Not only a great athlete with a big arm but just seems to have a natural feel for the game. Dare I say shades of Robert Griffin III?

I don't think he's in the same class athletically, and he definitely doesn't use his legs in the same way. More Aaron Rodgers in that regard to me.

DBNYDP 01-03-2013 10:23 AM

The forum needed one QB to all slobber all over.

Iamcanadian 01-03-2013 10:29 AM

You have to love his calmness in the game, nothing seems to bother the guy and with a big arm, he is definitely in the running although, we will have to see what his true height is.

As for the game, it didn't shock me, Florida believed their press clippings and thought the game would be easy and had no emotion, Louisville had everything to play for and was on an emotional high, these type of games inevitably lead to upsets. Florida would likely beat Louisville easily if they had a chance to play them again, but in sports, you only get one shot.

scottyboy 01-03-2013 10:30 AM

i wish he didn't ruin my life because i really like him as a prospect

Babylon 01-03-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamcanadian (Post 3231308)
You have to love his calmness in the game, nothing seems to bother the guy and with a big arm, he is definitely in the running although, we will have to see what his true height is.

As for the game, it didn't shock me, Florida believed their press clippings and thought the game would be easy and had no emotion, Louisville had everything to play for and was on an emotional high, these type of games inevitably lead to upsets. Florida would likely beat Louisville easily if they had a chance to play them again, but in sports, you only get one shot.

Managed the game very well back there and was extremely accurate on those short and medium range throws.

I'm with you on the Florida approach to the game, you could almost see a lackadaisical look in the coaches eyes too. I thought Florida made a huge mistake by not briging pressure more. The Gators really aren't a team that can get to the QB with a basic 4 man rush. They really missed not having a Ronald Powell on that team this year.

ph90702 01-03-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

He rushed for -17 yards. He's not RGIII.

Scott Wright 01-03-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ph90702 (Post 3231372)
He rushed for -17 yards. He's not RGIII.

Definitely not quite as fast, explosive or dynamic a runner as RG3 but both great athletes with similar body types, a strong arm, football intelligence, etc. Seems more alike than different.

JRTPlaya21 01-03-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 3231321)
Managed the game very well back there and was extremely accurate on those short and medium range throws.

I'm with you on the Florida approach to the game, you could almost see a lackadaisical look in the coaches eyes too. I thought Florida made a huge mistake by not briging pressure more. The Gators really aren't a team that can get to the QB with a basic 4 man rush. They really missed not having a Ronald Powell on that team this year.

They could have used Jelani Jenkins too.

Brent 01-03-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishspinners (Post 3230919)
The Jags are going to be very blessed in the fact that there going 1-15 next year and landing such a special talent.

And YFS would finally be happy.

brasho 01-03-2013 12:40 PM

Quote:

I don't think it is even close. Bridgewater's greatest strengths are his movement in the pocket, accuracy, and knowing where everybody else is on the field. Like RGIII, he is calm, but he is not nearly as athletic and thus not nearly as reliant on his athletic gifts. Like RGIII (this may be in debate now, however), he was able to raise the level of his own average or worse team's play by his own exceptional play and match or surpass a far superior team on the field.

katnip 01-03-2013 02:11 PM

I'm not even average when it comes to interest in college recruiting. But I remember I was mad when the 'Canes didn't get Teddy.. Especially losing him to a Big East school, anyways..

I doubt he's as big, weight wise as Vince Young (looks an inch or two shorter too). But he reminds me of Young's last year in college already. Just a dynamic playmaker. Obviously the only difference is VY lived up to his "Dual-Threat" billing, with all the rushes and yards.

I'm probably way off though...

Halsey 01-03-2013 03:11 PM

"OMG next year is going to be SO loaded at QB! If I was running a team, I'd wait till next year to draft a QB! TEDDY BRIDGESWATERZ!!"

Babylon 01-03-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halsey (Post 3231569)
"OMG next year is going to be SO loaded at QB! If I was running a team, I'd wait till next year to draft a QB! TEDDY BRIDGESWATERZ!!"

Take your tongue out of your cheek before you choke on it.