Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Green Bay Packers Team Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Milwaukee Bucks Discussion (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5511)

Vince Lombardi 04-02-2007 08:37 AM

Milwaukee Bucks Discussion

Any Bucks fans here?

Join me in cheering for the Bucks to lose out so we can pass the Celtics and draft Kevin Durant (if the lottery doesn't screw us over)!

Barring injuries we'd be sick with Durant!

PG-????? Bring back Mo Williams or even better, sign Chauncey Billups next year.
SG-Michael Redd
SF-Kevin Durant
PF-Charlie Villanueva
C-Andrew Bogut

ccB 04-02-2007 08:42 AM

Not a Bucks fan but I think youd benefit more from getting Oden. Bogut should be at PF like its nobodies business.

PG Mo Williams
SG Michael Redd
SF Charlie V (probably better off at SF also)
PF Andrew Bogut
C Greg Oden

I think that lineup is better than the one you posted. You have adequate offensive fire power, a defensive stopper downlow would be better than adding another scorer.

Vince Lombardi 04-02-2007 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang (Post 267945)
Not a Bucks fan but I think youd benefit more from getting Oden. Bogut should be at PF like its nobodies business.

PG Mo Williams
SG Michael Redd
PF Andrew Bogut
C Greg Oden

I think that lineup is better than the one you posted. You have adequate offensive fire power, a defensive stopper downlow would be better than adding another scorer.

I don't have a problem with that either. I know Bogut could play PF but I wasn't sure if Villanueva could play SF. If that's the case I'd be all for Oden, more than likely we'd have to get the #1 pick to get him though. We do desparatley need defense.

PACKmanN 04-02-2007 09:58 AM

lol, NBA is the only sport where you need alot of talented back ups, thats how the Raptors are in the Playoffs :)

Jay 04-02-2007 09:59 AM

If the Celtics don't get Durant or Oden out of this season I may kill myself. OK not really. But we're cursed when it comes to the ping-pong balls, so you have a shot...

Vince Lombardi 04-02-2007 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay (Post 268016)
If the Celtics don't get Durant or Oden out of this season I may kill myself. OK not really. But we're cursed when it comes to the ping-pong balls, so you have a shot...

You guys need to stop winning games against teams like Cleveland. We've got a nice losing streak going, if we keep it up we may finish the season ahead of you (in the lottery standings). With Bogut and Villanueva out for the season we're probably not gonna win many more. It's bittersweet rooting for them to lose, but a good draft pick is all we have going for this season.

someone447 04-02-2007 12:00 PM

If we would get either the first or 2nd pick we could have a crazy team. If we get a top 2 pick we will get one of those guys.

Vince Lombardi 04-02-2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by someone447 (Post 268158)
If we would get either the first or 2nd pick we could have a crazy team. If we get a top 2 pick we will get one of those guys.

If they both declare that is....

Neither of them have any reason not to, but you never know. If those to aren't an option we'd have to go with either Julian or Brandan Wright, though there's a possibility Julian won't declare either.

Whistler6 04-02-2007 12:34 PM

I am 100% agreeing with the idea of Bogut at Power Forward and the Bucks drafting Oden. However, this draft has A LOT of *impact players. Anywhere in the top 6 and Milwaukee will find someone who will immediately contribute

PackerLegend 04-02-2007 01:57 PM

GO BUCKS! LOSE OUT!!

Draft 1st Kevin Durant Or Oden 2nd and IM HAPPY!

princefielder28 04-02-2007 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerLegend (Post 268391)
GO BUCKS! LOSE OUT!!

Draft 1st Kevin Durant Or Oden 2nd and IM HAPPY!

2.5 games out of 2nd and we play Boston twice :)

PACKmanN 04-02-2007 06:43 PM

go Raptors, playoffs are going to be carzy!

Mwkick 04-02-2007 07:12 PM

The reason the Raptors are in the playoffs is because the Eastern Conference sucks....they should change the rules that only winning teams make the playoffs. ridiculous how bad the east is.

Bogut is a true center. they tried him at PF last year and he struggled. C is his natural position. The bucks would be dumb to take Oden over Durant. They'd almost have to trade Bugot then and he's "the franchise". And Villenueva can play SF, but he's a true PF as well. He's not fast enough to guard SF.

I just hope they get a 1 or 2 pick. First time in my life I want a team to lose!!! Then again it doesn't REALLY matter, they could still get the number 1 pick.

princefielder28 04-02-2007 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mwkick (Post 269431)
The reason the Raptors are in the playoffs is because the Eastern Conference sucks....they should change the rules that only winning teams make the playoffs. ridiculous how bad the east is.

Bogut is a true center. they tried him at PF last year and he struggled. C is his natural position. The bucks would be dumb to take Oden over Durant. They'd almost have to trade Bugot then and he's "the franchise". And Villenueva can play SF, but he's a true PF as well. He's not fast enough to guard SF.

I just hope they get a 1 or 2 pick. First time in my life I want a team to lose!!! Then again it doesn't REALLY matter, they could still get the number 1 pick.

Draft Durant!!!!

Vince Lombardi 04-03-2007 10:56 PM

another sweet loss tonight, that's 7 in a row!

here's what we've got left:

Wed 4 Boston 8:00 PM
Fri 6 at Atlanta 7:30 PM
Sat 7 New York 8:30 PM
Mon 9 Orlando 8:00 PM
Wed 11 Indiana 8:00 PM
Fri 13 at Boston 7:30 PM
Sat 14 Charlotte 8:30 PM
Mon 16 Atlanta 8:00 PM
Wed 18 at Cleveland 7:00 PM

GB12 04-03-2007 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi (Post 272343)
another sweet loss tonight, that's 7 in a row!

here's what we've got left:

Wed 4 Boston 8:00 PM-W
Fri 6 at Atlanta 7:30 PM-W
Sat 7 New York 8:30 PM-L
Mon 9 Orlando 8:00 PM-L
Wed 11 Indiana 8:00 PM-L
Fri 13 at Boston 7:30 PM-W
Sat 14 Charlotte 8:30 PM-L
Mon 16 Atlanta 8:00 PM-L
Wed 18 at Cleveland 7:00 PM-W

I got them finishing out 5-5 but they all could easily be loses.

Vince Lombardi 04-03-2007 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB12 (Post 272357)
I got them finishing out 5-5 but they all could easily be loses.

well seeing as this is pretty much our lineup for the rest of the year, they could all pretty much be losses.

Michael Redd, GF
Ersan Ilyasova, F
Brian Skinner, FC
Charlie Bell, GF
Mo Williams, PG

GB12 04-03-2007 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi (Post 272377)
well seeing as this is pretty much our lineup for the rest of the year, they could all pretty much be losses.

Michael Redd, GF
Ersan Ilyasova, F
Brian Skinner, FC
Charlie Bell, GF
Mo Williams, PG

Yeah they were all complete guesses. There aren't any that I could tell you would be a sure win.

princefielder28 04-04-2007 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB12 (Post 272384)
Yeah they were all complete guesses. There aren't any that I could tell you would be a sure win.

I don't think we should complain at all if they lose.

bearsfan_51 04-04-2007 02:36 PM

Weren't you already supposed to not suck?

GB12 04-04-2007 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princefielder28 (Post 272881)
I don't think we should complain at all if they lose.

That's what I'm saying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 (Post 273763)
Weren't you already supposed to not suck?

Yeah, I wasn't expecting this kind of year. Injuries have absolutely killed though. I'm glad Stotts is gone and i think we will be a playoff team next year.

princefielder28 04-04-2007 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB12 (Post 273890)
That's what I'm saying.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting this kind of year. Injuries have absolutely killed though. I'm glad Stotts is gone and i think we will be a playoff team next year.

You bring up the coaching sitaution with Stotts being fired but he should've never gooten the job becuase Terry Porter was doing a decent job and should've been held on to.

GB12 04-04-2007 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princefielder28 (Post 274060)
You bring up the coaching sitaution with Stotts being fired but he should've never gooten the job becuase Terry Porter was doing a decent job and should've been held on to.

Yeah I would have rather have had Porter than Stotts. I didn't agree with the fireing of Porter but at least they are consistant.

Mwkick 04-04-2007 10:34 PM

I didn't like how they fired him. It was a shock to everyone after garaunteeing his job was safe. But personally I didn't think he was a good hire in the first place. Easier said now than before, but I was hoping they would try to get someone with a little more experience. And then the Stotts signing....like someone said, at least they are consistent. It would have been nice to see them get Flip Saunders. He was interested at one point. Oh well, I guess that's business....

BTW, the bucks beat the Celtics tonight for those of you who didn't hear. My roommate was all pissed, but even with a "worse" record, you could still not end up with the first pick. Gotta love the lottery...

beef 04-05-2007 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi (Post 267940)
Any Bucks fans here?

PG-????? Bring back Mo Williams or even better, sign Chauncey Billups next year.
SG-Michael Redd
SF-Kevin Durant
PF-Charlie Villanueva
C-Andrew Bogut

that's even worse defense than we have now. and i doubt there are enough balls to go around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang (Post 267945)

PG Mo Williams
SG Michael Redd
PF Andrew Bogut
C Greg Oden

this wouldn't be great defensively either. charlie v cannot play sf consistently because he doesn't have the quickness to guard 3s every game. bogut has trouble with the quicker 4s but i like this better than the first.

my depth chart if i get a top pick:
mo/bell
redd/mo
patterson/simmons
bogut/charlie
oden/bogut

i think that this lineup, if coach k uses it correctly through bogut, would be great. and if he sticks to his "if you don't play defense, you'll be benched" policy, we could be a contender.
i just hate how stotts has misused bogut. i think he's gonna be great.

however, if we don't get a top 2 or so pick, i wouldn't be opposed to grabbing conley if he declares and just let mo walk or S&T him.