Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Rolando McClain presents: the best football player story ever (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55191)

Monomach 01-09-2013 05:43 PM

Rolando McClain presents: the best football player story ever

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...out-to-get-me/

This is so special that I want to plant it in a garden, water it, grow it, take the seeds, and plant them so that I can grow even more of this.

Rolando McClain is a ******* crazy person, and it is fantastic for out entertainment.

No summary could do this story justice. Click the link and read it.

nobodyinparticular 01-09-2013 05:47 PM

Get outta here with that crap McClain. No seriously. Get out of Oakland. Get out of the NFL.

BEGONE.

Splat 01-09-2013 05:50 PM

There was a time that I kinda wanted the Chiefs to take this guy over Eric Berryzzz.

:facepalm:

Pat Sims 90 01-09-2013 05:53 PM

He will be another one of those players Cincinnati tries to rejuvenate their career. Once Oakland dumps him this offseason.

G Mobile 01-09-2013 06:04 PM

"You know who I am."

Love it.

BloodBrother 01-09-2013 06:23 PM

Good stuff. McClain still has his work cut out for him though. He has potential, but he really needs to up his game. He could be the king of hilarious off the field incidents/stories, but right now there is still some mighty competition out there

Some of my favorites are still the Tatum Bell stealing Rudi Johnson's luggage and Najeh Davenport taking a dump in some girls laundry basket, which led to one of my all time favorite quotes

Quote:

"Where's the evidence? Where's the manure?" Davenport asked outside court. "I know I didn't do it -- I just wanted to get it over with."

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 01-09-2013 06:24 PM

Name please? **** y'all

Classic!

bigbluedefense 01-09-2013 06:57 PM

This didn't top "I"m Ko Simpson, I'm worth millions!"

But his mugshot last year and collective effort of failure throughout his NFL career has been pretty epic.

It's amazing how none of his issues were noticed during the draft. You can't hide this level of turdidity. Someone had to know.

wogitalia 01-09-2013 07:11 PM

Still doesn't beat Qyntel Woods using a basketball card as his ID when a cop asked but it's up there!

Wasn't McClain a high character guy coming out of Bama as well, that has to be the worst part of his whole story.

jrdrylie 01-09-2013 08:06 PM

My question is... how the hell does he get arrested so often in this area. The police in North Alabama are abysmal. Seriously 10 cars run red lights every time and I have seen two people get pulled over in 2.5 years. My wife works at an apartment complex and when they call the police due to a belligerent resident in the office, they take 45 minutes to get there. There was a robbery and assault in my friend's neighborhood and the cop was like "uhhh, it's kind of late to head out your way, can I take the report over the phone?" McClain has to be the dumbest **** of all the dumb ***** in the world to get arrested multiple times here.

nobodyinparticular 01-09-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3239760)
This didn't top "I"m Ko Simpson, I'm worth millions!"

But his mugshot last year and collective effort of failure throughout his NFL career has been pretty epic.

It's amazing how none of his issues were noticed during the draft. You can't hide this level of turdidity. Someone had to know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wogitalia (Post 3239786)
Still doesn't beat Qyntel Woods using a basketball card as his ID when a cop asked but it's up there!

Wasn't McClain a high character guy coming out of Bama as well, that has to be the worst part of his whole story.

This is what I don't understand as well. He really was supposed to be an ultra team leader--a coach on the field. One person said in the Teo thread that Teo is McClain with real leadership skills. But that's what McClain was supposed to be coming out of college.

I kid you not, but I came across an old Bama thread from a couple months ago from the time McClain was coming out and it was a bunch of Tide fans talking about reports that McClain wanted to come back and coach next to Saban in a couple decades. That's how highly McClain was thought of coming out.

Here's a different fluff piece about McClain from 2009.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/column...van&id=4619628

Stash 01-09-2013 09:28 PM

Lol, McClain turned out to be such a clown. Hopefully he never plays for Oakland again, but for entertainment purposes, I hope someone else picks him up so I can continue to laugh at his antics from afar.

It really is amazing how nobody knew he was like this when he was drafted.

WMD 01-09-2013 09:37 PM

Funny story, but getting pulled over for window tint is such bullshirt.

The Alex 01-09-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

At that point, McClain was asked to sign the citation, and he wrote in the space for the signature, Fk yall.

PackerLegend 01-10-2013 09:04 AM

I would have signed mother****er Jones or in this case MF McClain.

FlyingElvis 01-10-2013 09:11 AM

The cops are clearly picking on him. My guess is it is most likely because he's a giant tard and completely deserves it.

Top comment award goes to . . .

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshamley says:Jan 9, 2013 6:16 PM

To be fair, Fk yall is what Coach Allen calls McClain at work.

LonghornsLegend 01-10-2013 09:26 AM

Wow. Oakland has really made the most out of their 1st round picks in the last 10 years or so :facepalm:

AntoinCD 01-10-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend (Post 3240181)
Wow. Oakland has really made the most out of their 1st round picks in the last 10 years or so :facepalm:

The biggest issue with McClain though is this was the pick where the Raiders allegedly turned the corner. They stopped taking physical freaks and took a guy who was seen as a hard worker and a leader. Even when the Raiders make good picks they make bad picks

cmarq83 01-10-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

The sad thing was when they picked McClain I thought to myself "The Raiders finally made a safe choice." Whoops

WCH 01-10-2013 12:13 PM

I love this idiot.

bigbluedefense 01-10-2013 12:16 PM

I remember when I first saw that picture, I honestly thought it was fake or a photoshop or something.

I didn't think he'd be stupid enough to do that. But he was. He so was.

NIN1984 01-10-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

2012 - No Pick traded for Palmer (Thanks Hue Jackson)
2011 - No Pick traded for Seymour
2010 - Rolando McClain - BUST
2009 - Darrius Heyward-Bey - Reach, not worth the money.
2008 - Darren McFadden - Always hurt.
2007 - JaMarcus Russell - BUST
2006 - Michael Huff - Average
2005 - Fabian Washington - BUST, Aaron Rodgers was the next pick.
2004 - Robert Gallery - BUST
2003 - Nnamdi Asomugha - Pro Bowler

Al Davis sure did an outstanding job. I'm so totally ready for the Reggie McKenzie era, too bad he still doesn't have a full draft to work with.

nobodyinparticular 01-10-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3240297)
I remember when I first saw that picture, I honestly thought it was fake or a photoshop or something.

I didn't think he'd be stupid enough to do that. But he was. He so was.

That was my exact thought as well.

JRTPlaya21 01-10-2013 01:19 PM

Chris Rainey just got arrested after slapping his girlfriend in the face. Smh what is wrong with these guys?

descendency 01-10-2013 01:21 PM

I'm so glad someone took McClain well before he got anywhere near NE and NE took Spikes. I was sure McClain was the better linebacker (by far) that year.