Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   2012 NFL Conference Championship Discussion Thread. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55243)

Ness 01-14-2013 06:42 AM

2012 NFL Conference Championship Discussion Thread.

Sunday, January 20th, 2013

San Francisco 49ers at Atlanta Falcons

Baltimore Ravens at New England Patriots

AntoinCD 01-14-2013 06:49 AM

I wonder who Bernard Pollard is going to injure this week?

Nalej 01-14-2013 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3244945)
I wonder who Bernard Pollard is going to injure this week?

Ugh.

*Gimmick offense*

I wonder how that'll be used

burkorama 01-14-2013 08:37 AM

Niners in a not-close game

Ravens definitely have a shot if they play like they did last week, though Pats are obviously the pick. Could see an upset

Don Vito 01-14-2013 08:41 AM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...triots-twitter

You think the guy who only plays special teams would keep his mouth shut on this one. Yes, the same special teams unit that gave up two return touchdowns last week.

I am so nervous for this game. The media is going to have such a hardon for it being "Ray Lewis' destiny" to beat the Patriots on the way to the Super Bowl. Or something like that. The Ravens were the only team in the AFC I really, really didn't want to play in the postseason. Everybody wants to win but the Ravens are going to want this one. BAD.

Ness 01-14-2013 08:49 AM

I'm taking the 49ers obviously and the Ravens to beat the Patriots to set up a Har-Bros. bowl.

AntoinCD 01-14-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 3244957)
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012...triots-twitter

You think the guy who only plays special teams would keep his mouth shut on this one. Yes, the same special teams unit that gave up two return touchdowns last week.

I am so nervous for this game. The media is going to have such a hardon for it being "Ray Lewis' destiny" to beat the Patriots on the way to the Super Bowl. Or something like that. The Ravens were the only team in the AFC I really, really didn't want to play in the postseason. Everybody wants to win but the Ravens are going to want this one. BAD.

Eh, I would rather play the Ravens than Broncos, although I don't think either team matches up greatly with our offense.

One of the things not much mentioned about the Ravens is their defense has played a hell of a lot of snaps in the last 2 weeks and they aren't exactly the youngest defense in the league. They also have an inside triangle of guys who aren't good cover guys (Lewis, Ellerbe and Pollard) and that's were the Pats like to attack. Plus Lloyd had a lot of joy against Cary Williams in the last meeting.

The one thing that the Ravens bring is that emotional intensity that we are going to hear about all week.

Jvig43 01-14-2013 09:57 AM

6:30 game? Really NFL, Really? After all year of playing at times of 1:00 or 4:25, sometimes 8:30, you pick the one time slot that our team isn't used to playing on Sunday? I'm surprised more people haven't noticed this. Probably because its the Patriots but this is complete ****.

HOW MANY GAMES HAS YOUR TEAM PLAYED AT 6:30?

If we lose this game I am completely blaming this on the time we were forced to play on. Also, something about Coffee'ing the thread.

Leon Sandcastle 01-14-2013 10:03 AM

Bernard Karmell Pollard!!!

49erNation85 01-14-2013 10:54 AM

Jvig,
really man your gonna be upset about a damn time slot ? Get over it man jeez is it not that big a deal. Sure I would have sf play a night game ugh or out side then in a dome . Like i said it is a damn time slot. No the end of the world.
h

Game note: I really hope sf comes out on fire and lies a beat down on the Falcons like we did against the Packers. just don't throw a pick six this time ugh. If we can get up by 20 points early should be a fun second half.

Nalej 01-14-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49erNation85 (Post 3245046)
Jvig,
really man your gonna be upset about a damn time slot ? Get over it man jeez is it not that big a deal. Sure I would have sf play a night game ugh or out side then in a dome . Like i said it is a damn time slot. No the end of the world.

It was sarcasm, bro

broncosfan 01-14-2013 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burkorama (Post 3244955)
Niners in a not-close game

Ravens definitely have a shot if they play like they did last week, though Pats are obviously the pick. Could see an upset

How is that exactly? The Patriots will destroy the Ravens, theres no question in my mind about it, they just are an extremely tough and well coached football team to be defeated by a team with a non-elite qb.

49erNation85 01-14-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nalej (Post 3245048)
It was sarcasm, bro

It sounded like he was serious to me . I can't read between the lines here.

Nalej 01-14-2013 11:17 AM

He's mocking the thread started by the seahawks fan bitching about playing at 1pm on Sunday *jet lag* blah

CJSchneider 01-14-2013 11:34 AM

My birthday is on the 21st. A Harbaugh SB would make a nice present from the NFL.

OSUGiants17 01-14-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosfan (Post 3245049)
How is that exactly? The Patriots will destroy the Ravens, theres no question in my mind about it, they just are an extremely tough and well coached football team to be defeated by a team with a non-elite qb.

Because on any given Sunday any team can beat any other team. The Ravens are red-hot right now and I see no reason they can't beat the Pats this week

burkorama 01-14-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broncosfan (Post 3245049)

You seem to think your team played awfully on Saturday, which is not true. Sub-par? Sure. But awful, no. And they played sub-par in large measure because the Ravens played well, not so much because they beat themselves. Champ, for instance, was pwned for the most part because Torrey Smith is really good, and not so much because he (Champ) was having an awful day. Obviously he could have had a better day, but you have to give credit to the Ravens where it is due. The Ravens D also did a great job containing Manning and the run game. Provided they play like they did yesterday, the Ravens have a bonafide shot at going to the Super Bowl. Sucks b/c I really wanted to see Brady-Manning and then Manning win it all.

Smooth Criminal 01-14-2013 11:49 AM

Ill be rooting the 49ers to win it all at this point.

AntoinCD 01-14-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burkorama (Post 3245076)
You seem to think your team played awfully on Saturday, which is not true. Sub-par? Sure. But awful, no. And they played sub-par in large measure because the Ravens played well, not so much because they beat themselves. Champ, for instance, was pwned for the most part because Torrey Smith is really good, and not so much because he (Champ) was having an awful day. Obviously he could have had a better day, but you have to give credit to the Ravens where it is due. The Ravens D also did a great job containing Manning and the run game. Provided they play like they did yesterday, the Ravens have a bonafide shot at going to the Super Bowl. Sucks b/c I really wanted to see Brady-Manning and then Manning win it all.

Champ had a bad day at the line of scrimmage. There are very, very few CBs in the league who have the wheels to keep up with Torrey Smith if he gets a free release.

It was the Broncos defensive gameplan that hurt them the most. Champ got no help over the top, particularly in the first half and Smith got him for 2 TDs and an overthrow stopped it being 3.

farfromforgotten 01-14-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal (Post 3245078)
Ill be rooting the 49ers to win it all at this point.

Welcome aboard!

And, just curious, why exactly?

farfromforgotten 01-14-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ness (Post 3244960)
I'm taking the 49ers obviously and the Ravens to beat the Patriots to set up a Har-Bros. bowl.

Would be cool to see, but I'm going 49ers vs Patriots.

SuperPacker 01-14-2013 12:01 PM

Is it possible for neither to win in the Falcons/49ers game? I want that to happen.

Smooth Criminal 01-14-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farfromforgotten (Post 3245081)
Welcome aboard!

And, just curious, why exactly?

Like Colin. Hate the AFC teams. Atlanta is a shithole. SF is nice.

burkorama 01-14-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3245079)
Champ had a bad day at the line of scrimmage. There are very, very few CBs in the league who have the wheels to keep up with Torrey Smith if he gets a free release.

It was the Broncos defensive gameplan that hurt them the most. Champ got no help over the top, particularly in the first half and Smith got him for 2 TDs and an overthrow stopped it being 3.

Good point about the game-plan, I hadn't factored that in enough. But I would say that Champ had a bad day at the LOS b\c TS was a beast, and not so much because Champ didn't play like he could have. Pretty sure most CB's in the league would have been owned like that yesterday. Would have been a more interesting matchup if that had been a young Champ out there, because even if he had been so crappy at the line of scrimmage, he would have had the wheels to be more competitive.

Razor 01-14-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJSchneider (Post 3245069)
My birthday is on the 21st. A Harbaugh SB would make a nice present from the NFL.

I thought old people stopped paying attention to those kind of things once they got as old as you are...