Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   1st Mock of the Year (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55245)

bigbuc 01-14-2013 06:11 PM

1st Mock of the Year

1.KC- Luke Joeckel- Andy picks the Olinemen. Will take a QB in round 2/3

2.Jac- Damontre Moore- Takes the pass rusher to add some heat to their D

3.Oak- Star Lotulelei- Takes BPA. Can clear more cap room cutting DT Vets

4.Phi- Dee Milliner- New CB combo in Philly Milliner / Boykin

5.Det- Bjoern Werner- Might lose both starting DE's ( Cut / FA )

6.Clev-Jarvis Jones- They get their Von Miller

7.AZ- Geno Smith- Got a new QB, can cut every other on roster

8.Buff- Barkevious Mingo- moving to a 3/4 need OLB's

9.Jets- Dion Jordan- Might need 3 new LB's

10.Tenn-Chance Warmack- They have nothing at that spot

11.SD- Eric Fisher- Get their new LT move JG to RT

12.Mia- Johnthan Banks- Need a second CB next to Smith

13.TB-Kenny Vaccaro- Top 2 Cb's gone they take top FS

14.Car-Sylvester Williams- Adds a big body inside to a nasty Dline already

15.NO-Johnathan Hankins- One of the worst run D's gets some help

16.St Lou-Jonathan Cooper- Jump on best OG left

17.Pitt- Manti Te'o- Need some youth in LB core

18.Dal- Sheldon Richardson- Moving to 4/3 need a UT

19.NYG- Ezekiel Ansah- Osi's replacement

20.Chi- Alec Ogletree- Might be a need if Urlacher isn't there.

21. Cinn-Sam Montgomery- Get a 3rd DE also might lose Johnson

22.St Lou- Justin Hunter- Needs play makers

23.Minn- Sharrif Floyd- Youth with the DT's

24.Indy-Corey Lemonier- Freeney is out the door. Hughes has shown little

25.Sea-Keenan Allen- Add another WR looking for true number 1

26.GB-Tavon Austin- After losing WR's they add one.

27.Hous-Kevin Minter- Need help at ILB

28.Den-Zach Ertz- Gets another player for Manning to play with

vidae 01-14-2013 06:33 PM

Bad KC pick. Joeckel has nowhere to play. It makes no sense.

CheeseKnuckles 01-14-2013 07:03 PM

Tavon Austin??? With Randall Cobb why would they need Austin?

Seasonticketholder 01-14-2013 07:07 PM

For the Saints, if Mingo and Jordan are off the board, I think the Saints would take Sheldon Richardson. While Hankins is very versatile for a big man, Richardson offers a more traditional 3-tech who can replace Sedrick Ellis. Taking Hankins would be a repeat of what we have in Akiem Hicks, who played very well his rookie season.

Abaddon 01-14-2013 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3245439)

You make it seem as though Albert is a lock to be retained.

bigbuc 01-14-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3245439)

Also Albert could be resigned and kicked inside to OG which he played and was best at in college.

bigbuc 01-14-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheeseKnuckles (Post 3245450)
Tavon Austin??? With Randall Cobb why would they need Austin?

Austin as your 4th WR plus KR/PR. Your most likely not keeping Jennings and Driver. That leaves Nelson, Jones and Cobb. Austin will add to that WR core also fill in nicely when one of the three get nicked up.

thebow305 01-15-2013 01:44 AM

Decent Miami pick.

Vaylor 01-15-2013 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbuc (Post 3245519)
Austin as your 4th WR plus KR/PR. Your most likely not keeping Jennings and Driver. That leaves Nelson, Jones and Cobb. Austin will add to that WR core also fill in nicely when one of the three get nicked up.

Spending a 1st round pick on a 4th WR is just bad.

TonyGfortheTD 01-15-2013 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbuc (Post 3245513)
Also Albert could be resigned and kicked inside to OG which he played and was best at in college.

This isn't Madden.

Joeckel is a terrible pick because the Chiefs have the cap space to give him a long-term extension and the ability to franchise tag Albert to retain him. Think they'd franchise Albert and let Bowe walk first.

He wants to play Left Tackle and get paid like a Left Tackle and there's plenty of reasons for him to have that view.

killxswitch 01-15-2013 09:19 AM

I don't want Lemonier when Okafor is still on the board. I'd also rather have Travis Frederick, Xavier Rhodes, Keenan Allen, Jesse Williams, Eric Reid, Barrett Jones, or even Anthony Barr over Lemonier. Don't see Lemonier as a 1st rounder at all.

bigbuc 01-15-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 3245810)
I don't want Lemonier when Okafor is still on the board. I'd also rather have Travis Frederick, Xavier Rhodes, Keenan Allen, Jesse Williams, Eric Reid, Barrett Jones, or even Anthony Barr over Lemonier. Don't see Lemonier as a 1st rounder at all.

I was going with OLB for you guys. Okafor looks more like a 4/3 end to me. Barr is staying at Ucla. I forgot how badly the o line played in the playoffs until you just said Jones.

bigbuc 01-15-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyGfortheTD (Post 3245743)
This isn't Madden.

Joeckel is a terrible pick because the Chiefs have the cap space to give him a long-term extension and the ability to franchise tag Albert to retain him. Think they'd franchise Albert and let Bowe walk first.

He wants to play Left Tackle and get paid like a Left Tackle and there's plenty of reasons for him to have that view.

Mmmmmmm. Nicks the best OG on the market got 5 years 47.5 million last year. And the price goes up every year so I wouldn't think you guys would give Albert anything more than that to play LT. Maybe he gets 5 years 49.5 or 50 million. And if you give him that he can play anywhere you tell him.

vidae 01-15-2013 11:10 AM

It makes ZERO SENSE to kick Albert inside. He's a top 5-top 10 LT, and we have a second and a third round pick starting at both the G spots. People have been saying he should be kicked inside for YEARS and all he has done is improve his play every single year hes been in the NFL.

It was a bad pick yesterday, it's a bad pick today, and it'll be a bad pick until Albert is officially off this team, which I don't expect to happen.

SuperPacker 01-15-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3245858)
It makes ZERO SENSE to kick Albert inside. He's a top 5-top 10 LT, and we have a second and a third round pick starting at both the G spots. People have been saying he should be kicked inside for YEARS and all he has done is improve his play every single year hes been in the NFL.

It was a bad pick yesterday, it's a bad pick today, and it'll be a bad pick until Albert is officially off this team, which I don't expect to happen.

It would still be a terrible pick even if Albert goes.

49erNation85 01-15-2013 12:04 PM

Where is the rest of the 4 teams ? I don't like this mock. Finish it !

wicket 01-15-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seasonticketholder (Post 3245453)
For the Saints, if Mingo and Jordan are off the board, I think the Saints would take Sheldon Richardson. While Hankins is very versatile for a big man, Richardson offers a more traditional 3-tech who can replace Sedrick Ellis. Taking Hankins would be a repeat of what we have in Akiem Hicks, who played very well his rookie season.

Id prefer Hankins (just flat out a superior prospect imo) to richardson. The versatility of both Hankins and Hicks give enough options to move players around and with cam jordan kicking inside on pass rushing downs the need for a pure 3tech is less pressing. So id say good job tbh

bigbuc 01-15-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPacker (Post 3245868)
It would still be a terrible pick even if Albert goes.

How would it be a terrible pick if Albert goes? Getting a LT at 12 million for 4 years is terrible? I know you and I and everyone in the world see that KC needs a QB, but I'm sorry I'm one of the few that don't see a QB that should go top 8 in this draft.

ArkyRamsFan 01-15-2013 01:18 PM

Really don't see the Rams passing on Sheldon Richardson at 16 in favor of a OG. Also, if we are going WR at 22 would much rather have Keenan Allen instead of Hunter.

WHAT SAY YE?

bigbuc 01-15-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan (Post 3246000)
Really don't see the Rams passing on Sheldon Richardson at 16 in favor of a OG. Also, if we are going WR at 22 would much rather have Keenan Allen instead of Hunter.

WHAT SAY YE?

I gave you guys Richardson and then took it back! Lol! My thinking was 1. He's was the best Olinemen left and might not be around in the 20's. 2. I took it back because you guys have 3 first round picks already on the Dline. Might not want to spend another one.

With the WR 's I think it's going to come down to team interviews

ChicagoBearsVet23 01-15-2013 02:27 PM

Minter > Ogletree

vidae 01-15-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbuc (Post 3245972)
How would it be a terrible pick if Albert goes? Getting a LT at 12 million for 4 years is terrible? I know you and I and everyone in the world see that KC needs a QB, but I'm sorry I'm one of the few that don't see a QB that should go top 8 in this draft.

Yet one goes 7th overall in this mock.

bucfan12 01-15-2013 04:35 PM

Dude

Bucs are not taking another safety. Weak class. None really top 15 worthy. Enzekial Ansuh is BPA for them at 13.

bucfan12 01-15-2013 04:36 PM

I agree. The cheifs really shouldn't take a qb number 1 bc I think eventually the be in te same situation 2-3 years from now. But they will take Geno Smith

CJSchneider 01-15-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seasonticketholder (Post 3245453)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicket (Post 3245938)
Id prefer Hankins (just flat out a superior prospect imo) to richardson. The versatility of both Hankins and Hicks give enough options to move players around and with cam jordan kicking inside on pass rushing downs the need for a pure 3tech is less pressing. So id say good job tbh

I'm happy with either all while gritting my teeth over passing on Te'o.