Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Which team made the best HC decision? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55301)

Pat Sims 90 01-18-2013 01:12 PM

Which team made the best HC decision?

Now that every team has hired their new Head Coach. Which one in your opinion made the best hire.

dabears10 01-18-2013 01:23 PM

I went with Kansas City. Even though I don't think Andy Reid would have been a good fit for the Bears, I do think he is a very good coach and will help turn KC around.

ArkyRamsFan 01-18-2013 01:30 PM

Reid is the obvious choice but I'm kinda liking what Chud might bring to Cleveland.

I think a combo of him and Norv Turner might work very well going forward.

SuperPacker 01-18-2013 01:54 PM

1a. Chiefs
1b. Eagles
3. Jaguars
4. Bills
5. Chargers
6. Browns
7. Bears
8. Cardinals

Babylon 01-18-2013 02:23 PM

^

Glad you had Arizona last. Not taking Darrell Bevell was not very bright. The guy is a great offensive mind and you would be weakening a division rival in Seattle. The people of Seattle approve of the Bruce Arians hiring.

bigbluedefense 01-18-2013 02:24 PM

I want to say the Chiefs with Andy Reid.

Eagles fans don't realize how good they had it with Andy Reid. The man is one hell of a coach. I think he's a SB away from being a HOF coach.

One of the best talent evaluators in the business, and a great Monday-Saturday coach. He has his flaws on Sunday, but the man is one hell of a coach.

The rest are unknowns.

Iamcanadian 01-18-2013 02:26 PM

I'm going with Mike McCoy to have the best record of all the hires, not because I think he is a great HC hire, but at least he has a franchise QB, something all the others lack.
With a true franchise QB, he easily has the best shot for success.

cmarq83 01-18-2013 02:28 PM

As weird as it sounds I really like the Marrone hire. That whole organization has been stuck in neutral for seemingly forever, and I think he might have the ability to give them a shot in the arm. He seems to be passionate about coaching in the area (1/1000000), and he has a good offensive mind for a team with a pretty solid offensive foundation. He's definitely a swing for the fences type, but what the hell do the Bills have to lose? It's not like more failure is really going to surprise anyone. It's still better than a retread like Jauron or Gailey.

bigbluedefense 01-18-2013 02:32 PM

San Diego was definitely the most ideal place to coach. I figured coaches would be lining up to go there, with Philip Rivers as qb.

Everything else is easy to fix. Once you have the qb you're set. Why Cowher and Gruden didn't want that position is beyond me. It was a no brainer to me.

A Perfect Score 01-18-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmarq83 (Post 3249506)
As weird as it sounds I really like the Marrone hire. That whole organization has been stuck in neutral for seemingly forever, and I think he might have the ability to give them a shot in the arm. He seems to be passionate about coaching in the area (1/1000000), and he has a good offensive mind for a team with a pretty solid offensive foundation. He's definitely a swing for the fences type, but what the hell do the Bills have to lose? It's not like more failure is really going to surprise anyone. It's still better than a retread like Jauron or Gailey.

I'd echo this. I like Marrone hiring as well.

SuperPacker 01-18-2013 02:54 PM

I was also a huge fan of the Marrone hiring.

VAfy-ya 01-18-2013 03:28 PM

I like McCoy. Guys who show a ability to adapt and not be locked into one train of thought are usually successful in the NFL.

boknows34 01-18-2013 03:29 PM

Chicago and Marc Trestman are missing from the poll.

Iamcanadian 01-18-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmarq83 (Post 3249506)

It really doesn't matter who the Bills hire, Wilson is such an inept owner that the team has zero chance for success. All their success under Wilson came prior to the cap era, when he could lock players up for life with no FA.
Lynch was a Bill, Peters was a Bill, Whitner was a Bill, Winfield was a Bill and Clement was a Bill and they all left for the same reason, 'money'. Wilson's teams are always so far under the cap, somebody has to be let go.
Sure, he signed Williams last year but it just reflected the new CBA which required him to reach a certain cap level.
Marrone has zero chance for success in Buffalo as would any HC hired by Wilson.

SuperPacker 01-18-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boknows34 (Post 3249666)

No one was going to vote for him anyway.

Iamcanadian 01-18-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

I missed that, I put him ahead of McCoy with Cutler on hand.

Rosebud 01-18-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3249513)
San Diego was definitely the most ideal place to coach. I figured coaches would be lining up to go there, with Philip Rivers as qb.

Everything else is easy to fix. Once you have the qb you're set. Why Cowher and Gruden didn't want that position is beyond me. It was a no brainer to me.

Problem with SD is before you can fix anything else you first have to fix Doucheface, cause right now, he's a crappy starting QB. I could see Gruden liking the job, but not Cowher for just that reason.

vidae 01-18-2013 03:44 PM

Yay for all the Andy Reid votes.

Shane P. Hallam 01-18-2013 03:44 PM

I am going with Mike McCoy, think he will make a great NFL head coach.

Pat Sims 90 01-18-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Yea I completely forgot about it, but someone added it.

SuperPacker 01-18-2013 03:48 PM

Tbh the only one I didn't like was Bruce Arians. I was a fan of every other hiring.

broncosfan 01-18-2013 04:34 PM

I really like the Mike McCoy hire, he got the most out of Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow, he certainly will get it from Phillip Rivers. Peyton Manning is different story, but he still deserves some credit for that.

Also his hiring is enhanced by the addition of Ken Whisenhunt as the offensive coordinator, those two will do wonders for Rivers and that offense IMO.

Unbiased 01-18-2013 05:18 PM

yeah I'm a homer. Go **** yourselves

fenikz 01-18-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPacker (Post 3249703)
Tbh the only one I didn't like was Bruce Arians. I was a fan of every other hiring.

you dont like the hiring of a coach of the year candidate...solid logic

WCH 01-18-2013 05:38 PM

I've never really liked Bruce Arians, but he seemed to do a nice job as interim HC.