Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Bjoern Werner? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55360)

GatorsBullsFan 01-23-2013 11:45 AM

Bjoern Werner?

This guy will be the bust of this draft he will be average at best and before everyone starts complaining lets look at him real quick

Doesn't get off the ball quickly, doesn't have great speed off the corner, average size at best. His play recognition needs a lot of work and he leaves the run to the outside open way too much. I mean people can praise him on his work ethic and high motor but against NFL OTs he will be destroyed. He isn't a Elite type of player at all and projecting him in the top 5 would mean there are people who think he is elite...:facepalm:

jrdrylie 01-23-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan (Post 3254333)
This guy will be the bust of this draft he will be average at best and before everyone starts complaining lets look at him real quick

Doesn't get off the ball quickly, doesn't have great speed off the corner, average size at best. His play recognition needs a lot of work and he leaves the run to the outside open way too much. I mean people can praise him on his work ethic and high motor but against NFL OTs he will be destroyed. He isn't a Elite type of player at all and projecting him in the top 5 would mean there are people who think he is elite...:facepalm:

He did have 3.5 sacks against Florida, which is half a sack more than entire defenses averaged against Florida during the season.

y.f.s. 01-23-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

His first step and speed around the edge is actually pretty elite...maybe the best in this class. The problem is that's ALL he has.

I keep saying this, but he is the exact same player as Osi Umenyiora.

Babylon 01-23-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Not sure how much credibility there is there when you have a picture of Blaine Gabbert staring us in the face.

At times i would watch Werner and wonder what the big deal is then he'd show up and make a play to turn the game around. I think we have to keep in mind he is relatively new at the game of football.

AntoinCD 01-23-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Seriously??? Those are both strengths of his.

Oh it's ok, I see high motor and work ethic, which was taken from the scouting report of EVERY SINGLE WHITE PLAYER OF ALL TIME

Roddoliver 01-23-2013 12:53 PM

"This guy will be the Gabbert of this draft"

No.

energizerbunny 01-23-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3254369)
Seriously??? Those are both strengths of his.

Oh it's ok, I see high motor and work ethic, which was taken from the scouting report of EVERY SINGLE WHITE PLAYER OF ALL TIME

That is awesome, and so true.

I don't like his abillity to bend around the corner, I think he is schematically limited and will have a hard time transitioning his game at the next level where I don't believe he has the elite athleticism to rely on.

BamaFalcon59 01-23-2013 04:43 PM

Didn't impress me against VT.

Iamcanadian 01-23-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 3254364)
Not sure how much credibility there is there when you have a picture of Blaine Gabbert staring us in the face.

At times i would watch Werner and wonder what the big deal is then he'd show up and make a play to turn the game around. I think we have to keep in mind he is relatively new at the game of football.

You hit the nail on the head, he is relatively new to the game of football and his best years are still ahead of him. I'd describe him as a non stop motor with high end potential and a likely top 10 pick.

bornnraisedwhodat 01-25-2013 05:59 PM

Hope the Saints can nab this kid at #15.

descendency 01-25-2013 06:48 PM

I thought he was pretty good at stopping the run and had good speed around the edge. He works his way down the line and through trash ok.

His motor is weak. He quit on numerous plays that he deemed to be over before they were (lite jogging when someone was "about to be tackled")

I don't see a blue chip prospect.

Babylon 01-25-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by descendency (Post 3256488)
I thought he was pretty good at stopping the run and had good speed around the edge. He works his way down the line and through trash ok.

His motor is weak. He quit on numerous plays that he deemed to be over before they were (lite jogging when someone was "about to be tackled")

I don't see a blue chip prospect.

I tend to agree with you about being a blue chipper although I think he will get better with time. I'd love to see I'm slide to the Pats.

brat316 01-25-2013 07:28 PM

Demarcus Ware, is what I see.

FUNBUNCHER 01-25-2013 07:32 PM

Man it's really hard nailing which college DEs will be difference makers in the pros.

I see the JAG potential in Werner, but I also wouldn't be surprised if he's a double digit sack guy.
I don't have a great feel for him at all.

His playing for the program that has arguably produced the most 1st round busts at DE doesn't help either.

Nastradamus 01-25-2013 10:21 PM

He reminds me of Derrick Morgan. Morgan is a very solid player who suffered from an unlucky ACL injury, but in the end, he still probably was never a guy with potential for 10+ sacks year in and year out. You have to get that out of a guy you take top 5-10

bigbuc 01-26-2013 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nastradamus (Post 3256616)
He reminds me of Derrick Morgan. Morgan is a very solid player who suffered from an unlucky ACL injury, but in the end, he still probably was never a guy with potential for 10+ sacks year in and year out. You have to get that out of a guy you take top 5-10

He kinds of reminds me of Chris Long

descendency 01-26-2013 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuggitsomoree (Post 3256743)
You're a racist.

So, you think he's a Jared Allen type???

wicket 01-26-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by descendency (Post 3256773)
So, you think he's a Jared Allen type???

kind of a mix of kyle vandenbosch and jared allen

AntoinCD 01-26-2013 10:27 AM

And Aaron Kampman with a bit of JJ Watt thrown in too

Borat 01-26-2013 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhaarat316 (Post 3256510)
Demarcus Ware, is what I see.

You must be watching a Cowboys game.

Iamcanadian 01-26-2013 11:53 AM

He's getting a lot of #2 guy taken in the draft talk, so a lot of teams must really like his upside.

Babylon 01-26-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbuc (Post 3256737)
He kinds of reminds me of Chris Long

I think that's the hope. Personally don't think he's near the player Long is but he may get there.

Rosebud 01-26-2013 12:53 PM

If this thread has taught me anything is that he's a high motor guy who quits on plays all of the time, and his only strengths are his amazing burst and quickness, which isn't really that good...Basically the next wOsi.

PossibleCabbage 01-26-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

...Doesn't get off the ball quickly...

Honestly, I think his first step is his second best attribute (behind vision/anticipation.)

I don't like his motor at all, but I think his hand-technique is NFL caliber.

wadsworth 01-26-2013 01:20 PM

It is interesting that at times during his career at Florida State he was viewed as the third best DE prospect on the team and now(after injuries to Brandon Jenkins and Tank Carradine) he is projected by many as a top 5 pick.

As an FSU and Jaguars fan I am uneasy with so many people mocking him to the Jags at the #2. But more than anything it makes me think that a couple teams are going to get bargains on Jenkins and Carradine. Both of these guys are being overlooked by too many in internet scouting world.