Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Pre Senior Bowl Mockage (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55375)

AntoinCD 01-24-2013 03:18 PM

Pre Senior Bowl Mockage
 
1 Kansas City Chiefs select Tyler Wilson, QB Arkansas

2. Jacksonville Jaguars select Dee Milliner, CB Alabama

3. Oakland Raiders select Geno Smith, QB WVU

4. Philadelphia Eagles select Star Lotulelei, DT Utah

5. Detroit Lions select Damontre Moore, DE Texas A&M

6. Cleveland Browns select Bjoern Werner, DE FSU

7. Arizona Cardinals select Luke Joeckel, OT Texas A&M

8. Buffalo Bills select Matt Barkley, QB USC

9. New York Jets select Kenny Vaccaro, S Texas

10. Tennessee Titans select Chance Warmack, G Alabama

11. San Diego Chargers select Eric Fisher, OT Central Michigan

12. Miami Dolphins select Cordarrelle Patterson, WR Tennessee

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Ezekial Ansah, DE BYU

14. Carolina Panthers select Sheldon Richardson, DT Missouri

15. New Orleans Saints select Barkevious Mingo, DE LSU

16. St Louis Rams select Lane Johnson, OT Oklahoma

17. Pittsburgh Steelers select Jarvis Jones, LB Georgia

18. Dallas Cowboys select Jonathan Cooper, G UNC

19. New York Giants select Manti Teo, LB Notre Dame

20. Chicago Bears select Alec Ogletree, LB Georgia

21. Cincinnati Bengals select Eric Reid, S LSU

22. St Louis Rams f/ Washington Redskins select Keenan Allen, WR Cal

23. Minnesota Vikings select Johnthan Banks, CB Mississippi State

24. Indianapolis Colts select Dion Jordan, LB Oregon

25. Seattle Seahawks select Tyler Eifert, TE Notre Dame

26. Green Bay Packers select Kevin Minter, LB LSU

27. Houston Texans select Tavon Austin, WR WVU

28. Denver Broncos select Sylvester Williams, DT UNC

29. New England Patriots select DeAndre Hopkins, WR Clemson

30. Atlanta Falcons select Zach Ertz, TE Stanford

31. Baltimore Ravens select David Amerson, S NC State

32. San Francisco 49ers select Sharrif Floyd, DT/DE Florida

wicket 01-24-2013 03:20 PM

saints cant have the worst defense in nfl history and then use their first rounder on a situational pass rusher like mingo

AntoinCD 01-24-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicket (Post 3255578)
saints cant have the worst defense in nfl history and then use their first rounder on a situational pass rusher like mingo

Clearly they won't draft him to be a situational pass rusher. Plus, teams who can score, and score fast like the Saints have much more need for a stud pass rusher over 3 down guys. The days of needing to be great in all phases to be a 1st rounder are gone. Mingo's length, athleticism, burst and explosion are unmatched in this draft. Getting him at 15 is a steal

wicket 01-24-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3255582)
Clearly they won't draft him to be a situational pass rusher. Plus, teams who can score, and score fast like the Saints have much more need for a stud pass rusher over 3 down guys. The days of needing to be great in all phases to be a 1st rounder are gone. Mingo's length, athleticism, burst and explosion are unmatched in this draft. Getting him at 15 is a steal

with mingos bodytype he will never be anything but a situational pass rusher in a 43 defense. Also i would like my first round pass rushing specialist without much else to offer to at least be a damn productive pass rusher, not the the third most disruptive DLineman on his own team

AntoinCD 01-24-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicket (Post 3255591)
with mingos bodytype he will never be anything but a situational pass rusher in a 43 defense. Also i would like my first round pass rushing specialist without much else to offer to at least be a damn productive pass rusher, not the the third most disruptive DLineman on his own team

And what are you basing production off? Sacks? Because that's not the only thing rushers are graded on. Mingo still had plenty of pressures which are as important

wicket 01-24-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3255595)
And what are you basing production off? Sacks? Because that's not the only thing rushers are graded on. Mingo still had plenty of pressures which are as important

sacks, tackles for loss, tackles, passes defended, game film

AntoinCD 01-24-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicket (Post 3255597)
sacks, tackles for loss, tackles, passes defended, game film

Well what I got from "game film" was that Mingo has tremendous length, elite explosion, good bend off the edge, a very good motor, good hand usage and good football awareness. People see he didn't get loads of sacks and say he wasn't very good when it's a clear fallacy

wicket 01-24-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3255600)
Well what I got from "game film" was that Mingo has tremendous length, elite explosion, good bend off the edge, a very good motor, good hand usage and good football awareness. People see he didn't get loads of sacks and say he wasn't very good when it's a clear fallacy

what im seeing is a guy who only knows how to do a speed rush, can be run on and basically uses his speed to cover his lack of technique, gap discipline and passrushing moves

AntoinCD 01-24-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicket (Post 3255603)
what im seeing is a guy who only knows how to do a speed rush, can be run on and basically uses his speed to cover his lack of technique, gap discipline and passrushing moves

Technique can be learned, and a big issue with technique is in the run game, not so much the pass game. You literally cannot teach his athleticism though. He needs to get stronger, he has been killed in the run game at times I will agree. I think his pass rush moves are more than adequate at this point, however no prospect really comes in with a wide array of moves.

coordinator0 01-24-2013 03:49 PM

Amerson would be a good pick if Reed signs somewhere else next season (he said today he has no plans to retire) but I would prefer Montgomery regardless. I'm more worried about the pass-rush than anything on defense and I think Montgomery is a better value than Amerson too.

vidae 01-24-2013 03:50 PM

Good KC pick.

Babylon 01-24-2013 03:51 PM

Seattle

Now you're talking with Eifert to Seattle.

killxswitch 01-24-2013 03:51 PM

Weeeee Dion Jordan motha****as!

edit: I had to self-edit that.

TheMatriculator 01-24-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3255574)
1 Kansas City Chiefs select Tyler Wilson, QB Arkansas

After seeing the way he has handled himself at Senior Bowl practice, I'm really warming up the kid. Good pick!

ChicagoBearsVet23 01-24-2013 04:06 PM

Ogletree will play mostly OLB in the league. We need a MLB like Minter if Te'o is gone or a playmaking TE like Eifert.

Don Vito 01-24-2013 04:16 PM

Hopkins to the Pats is becoming a pretty consistent pick in mocks and I am OK with it.

derza222 01-24-2013 04:55 PM

Vaccaro to the Jets is one I haven't seen. Not a big fan really.

AntoinCD 01-24-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derza222 (Post 3255657)
Vaccaro to the Jets is one I haven't seen. Not a big fan really.

The Jets are a tough one where they are. I'm not sure if they will want to go front 7 again and at that stage it's probably down to safety, WR or G. Either way value isn't great but I think Vacarro will rise as the process goes on

T-RICH49 01-24-2013 05:17 PM

LOVES me some Tyler

phlysac 01-24-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3255574)
32. San Francisco 49ers select Sharrif Floyd, DT/DE Florida

Not sure how I feel about Floyd going before Jesse Williams.

Pat Sims 90 01-24-2013 05:32 PM

As of now Eric Reid is not worth a 1st round pick.

princefielder28 01-24-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phlysac (Post 3255683)
Not sure how I feel about Floyd going before Jesse Williams.

Floyd has tons of buzz throughout the scouting community given his appealing athleticism for an interior lineman...I doubt he lasts till the end of round one



Minter to Green Bay is terrific

ArkyRamsFan 01-24-2013 06:41 PM

AntoinCD,

I have several comments regarding your Rams picks.

1.) The Rams will either go defense/offense or offense/defense in first round. They will not stick with one side of the ball only.

2.) Very doubtful Fish takes a ROT at that point. Give us Alec Ogletree or Jarvis Jones.

3.) Keenan Allen is probably ok at that point in your mock.

thebow305 01-24-2013 07:36 PM

Lol at the Mingo comments. IDK what you're smokin wicket, but Mingo would be the perfect pick as an OLB in your new 3-4 alignment in Nawlins and an absolute steal at 15. The OP couldn't be more right about this.

Couldn't be more right about the Dolphins pick either. Great job!

derza222 01-24-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3255670)
The Jets are a tough one where they are. I'm not sure if they will want to go front 7 again and at that stage it's probably down to safety, WR or G. Either way value isn't great but I think Vacarro will rise as the process goes on

Yeah it's definitely a tricky spot. From my perspective, they've been able to hide subpar safeties well enough that the defense is still productive. There's enough invested in the secondary at this point. I could maybe see going a pass rusher there although value isn't great. But given how awful the offense is a guy like Patterson could make sense too, he's raw but it's a rebuilding year anyway. Value will get clearer as we get closer to the draft, I just don't think a top 10 safety is the right way to build the team moving forward.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.