Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   NFC East Division Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   2013 Best WR in NFC East (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55390)

Giantsfan1080 01-25-2013 08:20 AM

2013 Best WR in NFC East

And here we go.....

BigBlueNorwegian 01-26-2013 12:34 AM

Tough one between Cruz and Bryant as it stands now. If Dez can keep his head in the game from now on, and he seems to be on the right track, then he is more talented and probably a better reciever than Cruz. But Cruz has had two awesome seasons in his own right now, and has been more consistent over the course of the last two seasons than Bryant.

Hakeem Nicks would also be in the discussion if it wasn't for his injuries. I guess the same goes for Miles Austin.

TheFinisher 01-26-2013 06:06 AM

Dez was always the most gifted, it was just a matter of time before he figured it out.

With that being said, he still has room to improve and refine his game. I expect him to be even better next season.

Robbieb7 01-29-2013 04:57 PM

Dez... but you have to factor in health. Cruz is a close 2nd.

NY+Giants=NYG 02-02-2013 10:57 AM

I will say right now Cruz is the most productive WR in the division. As far as potential to be a superstar, or the sky is the limit, I think we all knew Dez has that. He just needs to build off of this year and be consistent.

Trogdor 02-02-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG (Post 3262826)
I will say right now Cruz is the most productive WR in the division. As far as potential to be a superstar, or the sky is the limit, I think we all knew Dez has that. He just needs to build off of this year and be consistent.

Last year even with injuries Dez had better production and less drops. Dez was the most productive WR in the division last year. If you are saying evaluating the past 3 years then you can certainly say Cruz was more productive.

NY+Giants=NYG 02-02-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor (Post 3262828)
Last year even with injuries Dez had better production and less drops. Dez was the most productive WR in the division last year. If you are saying evaluating the past 3 years then you can certainly say Cruz was more productive.

Yeah, I misread the title. I forgot about the 2013 part of it. I thought it was best WR in the division. I didn't realize it meant for this past season.

I agree then, Bryant was more productive. But we are talking about as of right now, the most productive overall past couple years, I'd say it's Cruz.

Trogdor 02-02-2013 11:38 AM

... Okay lets say the last three years:

Dez: 200 receptions, 2871 yards (14.4 yards per catch), 27 TDs

Cruz: 168 receptions, 2628 yards (15.6 yards per catch), 19 TDs

I'm not fully understanding the full break to Cruz. Or did you mean to cherry pick and say only counting the last two years and compare statistics on an outside WR to one playing in the slot?

See I can be facetious too! It isn't a mark of superior intellect it is merely a crutch needed to belittle others in debate.

It's a close call regardless of how you spin the numbers but to say Dez is less productive doesn't make sense.

LonghornsLegend 02-11-2013 12:30 PM

Sucks for Nicks that he was hurt so much, but I'm not going to slide him too much due to that. You just cannot forget how dominant he is.

1. Dez - Runs short patters, deep patters, plays in the air, runs like a RB, there isn't one thing he can't do now and the upside finally met production.
2. Cruz - I have been big on Cruz for years now even when he first emerged. I question how dominant he could be in a different system with a different QB, but as is now he's a beast.
3. Nicks(if he's fully healthy I probably take him over Cruz to be honest but I have to factor that in). I just like to remember him from their playoff run, he was a MONSTER, and that is the Nicks you get at 100%.

Then there is a wide gap for Maclin, Desean, Garcon, and Austin in the next tier. Not sure how to rank them yet. Three of those guys are pretty injury prone, and Desean does 1 thing well.

Rosebud 02-11-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor (Post 3262848)
... Okay lets say the last three years:

Dez: 200 receptions, 2871 yards (14.4 yards per catch), 27 TDs

Cruz: 168 receptions, 2628 yards (15.6 yards per catch), 19 TDs

I'm not fully understanding the full break to Cruz. Or did you mean to cherry pick and say only counting the last two years and compare statistics on an outside WR to one playing in the slot?

See I can be facetious too! It isn't a mark of superior intellect it is merely a crutch needed to belittle others in debate.

It's a close call regardless of how you spin the numbers but to say Dez is less productive doesn't make sense.

Victor Cruz has put more catches, at more yards per since he's started and is just 3 TDs behind Dez, despite playing with a much better WR next to him. I think calling Cruz more productive isn't a stretch at all.