Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   First real Offseason Mock Draft (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55546)

IrishBoy93 02-05-2013 12:09 AM

First real Offseason Mock Draft

-

1. Kansas City- Geno Smith, QB, WVU
2. Jacksonville- Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
3. Oakland- DeMontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
4. Philadelphia- Bjoern Werner, OLB, Florida State
5. Detroit- Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
6. Cleveland- Barkevious Mingo, OLB, LSU
7. Arizona- Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
8. Buffalo- Mike Glennon, QB, North Carolina State
9. New York Jets- Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
10. Tennessee- Ziggy Ansah, DE, BYU
11. San Diego- Jonathan Hankins, NT, Ohio State
12. Miami- Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
13. Tampa Bay- Jonathan Banks, CB, Miss State
14. Carolina- Jessie Williams, DT, Alabama
15. New Orleans- Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
16. St. Louis- Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
17. Pittsburgh- Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
18. Dallas- Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
19. New York Giants- Shariff Floyd, DT, Florida
20. Chicago- Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
21. Cincinnati- Manti Te’o, LB, Notre Dame
22. St. Louis- Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
23. Minnesota- DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
24. Indianapolis- Barrett Jones, OT, Alabama
25. Seattle- Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
26. Green Bay- Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
27. Houston- John Jenkins, NT, Georgia
28. Denver- Kevin Minter, LB, LSU
29. New England- Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
30. Atlanta- Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
31. San Francisco- Matt Elam, S, Florida
32. Baltimore- Travis Fredrick, OG, Wisconsin

Seasonticketholder 02-05-2013 12:12 AM

Dion Jordan for the Saints over Sheldon Richardson.

In case you are not aware, the Saints are moving to a 3-4 defense. Even if you envision Richardson as a DE in the 3-4, the Saints already have Cameron Jordan and Akiem Hicks to play end in the new system. Both were 3-4 DEs in college and are better-suited for that role.

IrishBoy93 02-05-2013 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seasonticketholder (Post 3265930)
Dion Jordan for the Saints over Sheldon Richardson.

In case you are not aware, the Saints are moving to a 3-4 defense. Even if you envision Richardson as a DE in the 3-4, the Saints already have Cameron Jordan and Akiem Hicks to play end in the new system. Both were 3-4 DEs in college and are better-suited for that role.

I get what you're saying, but I don't think Hicks is a locked in for a starting role. I do think they will need pass-rushing, but I wouldn't be shocked if they started with the line and looked to add multiple pass rushers in the mid-late rounds.

coordinator0 02-05-2013 12:22 AM

Offensive guard isn't a need at all for the Ravens with Osemele and Yanda playing there. Frederick could play center but I really doubt the team would invest a high draft pick on that position without seeing what Gradkowski can do as a starter first since they just took him with a fairly high pick last season.

That's a pretty tough board for the Ravens but Arthur Brown is still available. He would be one of my favorite picks regardless of what the board is like when Baltimore picks but I know there's quite the range of varying opinions on him. I could see Okafor as the pick in that situation too. He's not one of my favorite prospects but the pass-rush needs to be addressed.

Seasonticketholder 02-05-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrishBoy93 (Post 3265939)
I get what you're saying, but I don't think Hicks is a locked in for a starting role. I do think they will need pass-rushing, but I wouldn't be shocked if they started with the line and looked to add multiple pass rushers in the mid-late rounds.

Trust me, Hicks is a lock. He was one of the lone bright spots on a bad defense, and is better suited to play in a 3-4. Down the stretch, he got plenty playing time and acquitted himself well.

There is depth in this draft on the defensive line and the Saints will be looking to add a dynamic pass-rusher, especially if Mingo, Jones, or Jordan fall to them. If not, then I think offensive tackle or even a player like Alec Ogletree might intrigue them.

Besides, Richardson is better suited for the 3-techique in an even front. I am sorry, the pick just does not make sense for the Saints, especially with Jordan on the board.

IrishBoy93 02-05-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coordinator0 (Post 3265941)
Offensive guard isn't a need at all for the Ravens with Osemele and Yanda playing there. Frederick could play center but I really doubt the team would invest a high draft pick on that position without seeing what Gradkowski can do as a starter first since they just took him with a fairly high pick last season.

That's a pretty tough board for the Ravens but Arthur Brown is still available. He would be one of my favorite picks regardless of what the board is like when Baltimore picks but I know there's quite the range of varying opinions on him. I could see Okafor as the pick in that situation too. He's not one of my favorite prospects but the pass-rush needs to be addressed.

I think when it's all said and done, I think the Ravens move out of the first round. Some needs, not enough money. I put Fredrick there because he was my GB pick at first. For the Ravens, he could be the C. I agree to a point this is rather high, but do you reach for a LB like Brown, S like Reid?

Okafor is interesting as a pick. I didn't consider him.

coordinator0 02-05-2013 12:39 AM

If Ed Reed isn't with the team next season there's a big hole at FS so Eric Reid could be an option. I wouldn't like that at all though, he just doesn't impress me especially as a rangy safety that they need next to Pollard.

As for the Ravens trading back, that's always a possibility but they're going to have some quality compensation picks coming their way. That limits the urgency to trade back to get more picks. The money issue is interesting but I don't think that's going to be a big factor in terms of the draft.

IrishBoy93 02-05-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coordinator0 (Post 3265953)
If Ed Reed isn't with the team next season there's a big hole at FS so Eric Reid could be an option. I wouldn't like that at all though, he just doesn't impress me especially as a rangy safety that they need next to Pollard.

As for the Ravens trading back, that's always a possibility but they're going to have some quality compensation picks coming their way. That limits the urgency to trade back to get more picks. The money issue is interesting but I don't think that's going to be a big factor in terms of the draft.

I just don't think Reid is a first rounder, tbh. I like him in round 2. Not to mention, Jefferson, Thomas, McDonald, I think there's a bunch of options they could get at the end of round 2. At least one of them should be there.

ChicagoBearsVet23 02-05-2013 12:56 AM

Everyone picked after Ertz would be light years better for the Bears

Bengals78 02-05-2013 01:22 AM

Teo isnt a good pick.

thebow305 02-05-2013 02:10 PM

Wow, SWEET Miami pick! Nice work!

BallerT1215 02-05-2013 02:11 PM

Please Irish I beg you, stop unloading Glennon on us PLEASE!

vidae 02-05-2013 02:20 PM

Good KC pick.

49erNation85 02-05-2013 03:18 PM

Very sexy pick for sf. Could use a big play maker at safety.

Duffman57 02-05-2013 03:21 PM

I know this was probably forgotten, but you do not have any Joeckel in your mock, GIMME DAT for SD at 11, Hankins is boarderline 1st for me, and we already have a stop gap NT in Franklin who played amazing last year, and Cam Thomas is looking good for the future.

Pat Sims 90 02-05-2013 04:21 PM

Ogletree over Te'o is a much better pick for the Bengals.