Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   The *INSERT YOUR TEAM* Select... (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55558)

D-Unit 02-05-2013 05:22 PM

The *INSERT YOUR TEAM* Select...
 
We can't have KC fans have all the fun.... Wanna get the forum thoughts on your team's suggested first round pick?

Here's the thread to get your chance!

mightytitan9 02-05-2013 05:26 PM

As a Titan fan, I'm torn between several players. However, I have a really odd feeling in my gut that if Kenny Vacarro has puts up good numbers and interviews well, that he may be the selection.

Of course I really have no evidence to support this at this time. Just a feeling I have

D-Unit 02-05-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightytitan9 (Post 3266652)
As a Titan fan, I'm torn between several players. However, I have a really odd feeling in my gut that if Kenny Vacarro has puts up good numbers and interviews well, that he may be the selection.

Of course I really have no evidence to support this at this time. Just a feeling I have

Is it a feeling like this?



Vacarro at 10 is possible if he rises like Mark Barron did last year. That was nuts. The whole time he was a mid to late 1st rounder or even 2nd.... then a couple weeks before the draft .. BOOM he's a top 10 pick in an instant!

I like Vacarro more than I did Barron, but I don't see the Titans doing something that drastic. Who are the other guys being talked about besides Warmack?

princefielder28 02-05-2013 05:49 PM

Tennessee could certainly add someone to bolster their pass rushing, but their number one priority needs to be placing talent around Jake Locker to make him as successful as possible. The offensive line was an absolute mess this past season, thanks in large part to injuries, and Warmack makes a ton of sense right now.

mightytitan9 02-05-2013 05:50 PM

I'm hearing a lot about Richardson as well. Time should tell as we get closer to the draft, the Titans have a history of being pretty forward. I know Michael Griffin, Kenny Britt, Chris Johnson, Jake Locker and Kendall Wright were all pretty well announced before they were announced.

Many times I believe they're smoke screens, but history has shown more often than not they are accurate.

From an overall standpoint, the Titans don't have a lot of needs. We will likely need one interior offensive lineman, and a starter at SS. Other than that, a complement to CJ at RB would be nice. Depth at DE and DT would be nice, as well as late rounders at LB to play special teams and add depth.

If you ask Titans fans, they're all over the place. Some want Warmack, some want Ansah/Moore/Werner, others want Star/Richardson, a few want Milliner. I don't know of any that have came out and said Vacarro is there guy, but he may be the biggest instant upgrade for us actually.

Duffman57 02-05-2013 06:03 PM

Chargers select...Eric Fisher *PLEASE*

D-Unit 02-05-2013 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duffman57 (Post 3266673)
Chargers select...Eric Fisher *PLEASE*

Chargers select... Lane Johnson.

Happy?

vidae 02-05-2013 06:10 PM

With the 1st pick in the 2013 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select.. Geno Smith, QB, WVU.

Duffman57 02-05-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 3266675)
Chargers select... Lane Johnson.

Happy?

I'm interested. At this point, if Fisher isn't there, i'm just confused as to what to do.

Warmack, Dion Jordan, and Lane Johnson are my top 3 options at this point, but have no idea in which order. Lane Johnson is by far the biggest need, but we need help right now, and i'm not sure how good he'll be at LT right away. Dion Jordan is an impact player on defense, and thats what we need, we got solid players all around our D, but we dont have that one impact guy, other than Weddle, but a S doesn't make that much of an impact consistently, he can be that guy. Warmack will probably be the best player on the board, as most people have him rated as a top 5 player, but he may not be the best fit for the ZBS that we're moving to, and he doesn't play a premium position.

Babylon 02-05-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightytitan9 (Post 3266663)
I'm hearing a lot about Richardson as well. Time should tell as we get closer to the draft, the Titans have a history of being pretty forward. I know Michael Griffin, Kenny Britt, Chris Johnson, Jake Locker and Kendall Wright were all pretty well announced before they were announced.

Many times I believe they're smoke screens, but history has shown more often than not they are accurate.

From an overall standpoint, the Titans don't have a lot of needs. We will likely need one interior offensive lineman, and a starter at SS. Other than that, a complement to CJ at RB would be nice. Depth at DE and DT would be nice, as well as late rounders at LB to play special teams and add depth.

If you ask Titans fans, they're all over the place. Some want Warmack, some want Ansah/Moore/Werner, others want Star/Richardson, a few want Milliner. I don't know of any that have came out and said Vacarro is there guy, but he may be the biggest instant upgrade for us actually.

No offense but I find the statement that the team doesn't have a lot of needs rather comical. in my mind it's not a very good roster at all.

the way the draft is set up it probably would make sense to grab your interior lineman in the first round then get that defensive help in subsequent rounds. I would even go for a Eifert or an Ertz in the second if they're there, assuming Cookie won't be back.

J-Mike88 02-05-2013 06:35 PM

Green Bay needs guys on defense that assault people instead of prefer flag football.

We need a stud ILB, a big guy on the DL.... and a S who will knock someone's rib cage in.

Some say we need a C but I believe strongly the team thinks they have their C in Evan Dietrich-Smith.

mightytitan9 02-05-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babylon (Post 3266696)
No offense but I find the statement that the team doesn't have a lot of needs rather comical. in my mind it's not a very good roster at all.

the way the draft is set up it probably would make sense to grab your interior lineman in the first round then get that defensive help in subsequent rounds. I would even go for a Eifert or an Ertz in the second if they're there, assuming Cookie won't be back.

You're entitled to your opinion, but the fact is they primarily need depth in positions.

They have their QB, you could argue good or bad, but they aren't giving up on him either way.
They have their RB, you can argue on how good he is but unless he's cut due to salary he's there and he'll produce.
They have spent two 1st round picks in the last 4 years. Kenny Britt has shown great promise and was still bothered by his knee swelling for much of the year, he should be better next year. Kendall Wright showed some promise. In addiiton they have Nate Washington who is a solid #3 WR.
They still have one of the best OT tandems in the NFL.
Velasco showed enough last season at Center that he should get the starting job.
At TE they will likely franchise Cook because the TE franchise is relatively low and Cook is a good receiver.

On Defense:
At DE, they have two good, although not great DE's. Morgan was one of the leaders in hurries last year.
At DT, they have Jurrell Casey, one of the best young DT's in the league and Mike Martin, someone a lot of people liked from last years draft. They also have Karl Klug for depth.
At LB they have 3 young studs.
At CB they have two good ones in McCourty and Verner, they need a 3rd one or for Sensabaugh to step it up.
At S they have Griffin, who is inconsistent but still better than what most teams have. Babineaux needs replaced.

Most players drafted won't step right into a starting role. If we draft a Guard, he likely will and so will a SS if we draft one high. Otherwise, we mostly need depth at key positions. I think that's sitting pretty good considering what their record was

CashmoneyDrew 02-05-2013 06:57 PM

For the record, I want no part of Vacarro... or any other Texas player for that matter.

:D

D-Unit 02-05-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew (Post 3266719)
For the record, I want no part of Vacarro... or any other Texas player for that matter.

:D

What about Jonathan Hankins?

AJP19 02-05-2013 07:11 PM

Raiders select anyone with arms, legs and the ability to play on D

mightytitan9 02-05-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJP19 (Post 3266729)
Raiders select anyone with arms, legs and the ability to play on D

eh, i dont wanna play for the raiders. PASS

Rosebud 02-05-2013 07:17 PM

Giants are gunna pick Zeke. Ansah and JPP will be an amazing together and Tuck's lazy ass can retire after the season.

bigbuc 02-05-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Mike88 (Post 3266704)
Green Bay needs guys on defense that assault people instead of prefer flag football.

We need a stud ILB, a big guy on the DL.... and a S who will knock someone's rib cage in.

Some say we need a C but I believe strongly the team thinks they have their C in Evan Dietrich-Smith.

Matt Elam anyone?

princefielder28 02-05-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbuc (Post 3266739)
Matt Elam anyone?

Packers need a guy who can play center field along with being a hitter (Jonathan Cypiren)...they have plenty of guys who profile as in-the-box safeties like Elam

mightytitan9 02-05-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew (Post 3266719)
For the record, I want no part of Vacarro... or any other Texas player for that matter.

:D

I'd be ok if we traded down like in my latest mock on the Titans team thread

Black Bolt 02-05-2013 07:38 PM

Raiders select Star Lotulelei.

bigbluedefense 02-05-2013 07:42 PM

The New York Football Giants select Ziggy Ansah.


If the league somehow is dumb enough to allow us to have both JPP and Ansah on the same line that would be glorious.

fenikz 02-05-2013 07:47 PM

Cardinals
1. Eric Fisher
2. Tyler Wilson/Matt Barkley
3. Eddie Lacy

success!

RaiderNation 02-05-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Bolt (Post 3266758)
Raiders select Star Lotulelei.

This or Werner will make me very happy.

regoob2 02-05-2013 07:59 PM

Bears

DJ Fluker OG


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.