Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   NFC East Division Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   NFC East's newest rival: Chip Kelly (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55612)

leroyisgod 02-11-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 3271469)
So what are your thoughts on the arrival to Kelly to Philadelphia? They just restructured Vick's contract. Do you like that move?

Interesting, Eagles resign Vick for 1 year. I guess maybe to see how he'll perform in the new offense.

D-Unit 02-11-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leroyisgod (Post 3271300)
Interesting, Eagles resign Vick for 1 year. I guess maybe to see how he'll perform in the new offense.

I think Vick might have his best season ever if Kelly's offense works in the NFL.

LonghornsLegend 02-11-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Unit (Post 3271413)
I think Vick might have his best season ever if Kelly's offense works in the NFL.

I think he'll have his worse. His 2 primary issues that ruined him last year? Fumbling and durability. How would a Chip Kelly offense that is predicated on a mobile QB running the ball more work better to fix those two issues? It's a disaster waiting to happen, more fumbles and more injuries, but I really hope they do intend on using him just to see it play out.

D-Unit 02-11-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend (Post 3271415)
I think he'll have his worse. His 2 primary issues that ruined him last year? Fumbling and durability. How would a Chip Kelly offense that is predicated on a mobile QB running the ball more work better to fix those two issues? It's a disaster waiting to happen, more fumbles and more injuries, but I really hope they do intend on using him just to see it play out.

Just cause I think it's a very QB friendly offense. You don't have to be a great QB to have great stats in that offense. My guess... Vick will be used like Darron Thomas was. Which was more as a passer than runner.

Trogdor 02-11-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Really? I think Vick might lose the job in camp to either a rookie or Foles. He STRUGGLES with pressure and makes poor snap decisions against zone blitzes. Even if Chip puts him in a "Vince Young" offense (one-read) he's going to play 50 snaps before getting destroyed by injuries.

Granted Chip's offense might be able to prevent the opposition from blitzing but then is the Eagle's offensive line capable of winning 5v4's consistently? I just can't see Vick being overly successful without having an elite offensive line.

I don't see Vick being healthy enough to run the one-read and scramble offense which coincidentally is the only one I see him capable succeeding in without an elite offensive line.

D-Unit 02-11-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor (Post 3271426)
Really? I think Vick might lose the job in camp to either a rookie or Foles. He STRUGGLES with pressure and makes poor snap decisions against zone blitzes. Even if Chip puts him in a "Vince Young" offense (one-read) he's going to play 50 snaps before getting destroyed by injuries.

Granted Chip's offense might be able to prevent the opposition from blitzing but then is the Eagle's offensive line capable of winning 5v4's consistently? I just can't see Vick being overly successful without having an elite offensive line.

I don't see Vick being healthy enough to run the one-read and scramble offense which coincidentally is the only one I see him capable succeeding in without an elite offensive line.

Well their first pick will likely be Luke Joeckel and I'm sure more OL help will be on the way.

I did try to say that I think Vick will be successful IF Kelly's offense works. I really don't know if it will work in the NFL. He could easily wash out like Spurrier did. Which in that case, Vick obviously wouldn't have a good season. The Eagles OL was worse than ours last year. Vick is good with a good OL.

TheFinisher 02-11-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

2010 would be hard to top but I agree he could be a nightmare in Kelly's system if he stays healthy. Philly was easily the best fit for Kelly to bring his offense to the NFL.

TheFinisher 02-11-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor (Post 3271426)

Up-tempo offenses typically slow down defenses and keep them on their heels. Their offense won't be like what we saw Washington ran this year that exposed RG3 to a lot of hits, it'll be more screen based and designed to widen the field with getting the ball out quick. And they have one of the more dynamic open field skill position groups in the league.

D-Unit 02-11-2013 02:18 PM

NFC East's newest rival: Chip Kelly

So what are your thoughts on the arrival to Kelly to Philadelphia? They just restructured Vick's contract. Do you like that move?

Big_Pete 02-20-2013 02:59 PM

I think the Vick situation in Chip Kelly's offense is very intriguing.

On one hand, Vick's running ability and athleticsim really fits well, there is a real potential for Vick to post big numbers.

On the other hand, it will also expose Vick to the potential of taking more hits and Vick has had durability issues in the past.

D-Unit 09-23-2013 04:49 PM

3 games in, any new thoughts on the Eagles?

Some of their formations are incredible, I have to admit. They look so innovative and creative.