Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Overrated FAs that will get PAID (Dashon Goldson edition!) (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55653)

bucfan12 02-16-2013 12:42 PM

Overrated FAs that will get PAID (Dashon Goldson edition!)
 
Name your list of guys who will paid big yet flop big and not meet the contract expectations:

Mine are:
- Dominique Rodgers Cromartie CB
- Sean Smith CB
- Dashon Gholdson FS
- Cliff Avril DE
- Jared Cook TE

Wootylicous 02-16-2013 12:46 PM

Goldson is not overrated.

PoopSandwich 02-16-2013 12:51 PM

Pretty sure Mike Wallace would be high on my list and I think the Browns will be the one to pay him haha

bucfan12 02-16-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wootylicous (Post 3274731)
Goldson is not overrated.

I don't think he's an all pro safety. Dude was exposed in coverage in the playoffs, ALL DAY. Green Bay, Atlanta, and Baltimore all tore him up.

bigbluedefense 02-16-2013 01:18 PM

Gholdston is overrated. That entire SF secondary is. They live and die with their front 7.

I don't think Sean Smith is overrated though.

nobodyinparticular 02-16-2013 02:03 PM

Desmond Bryant from the Raiders seems to be getting way more love than he deserves. Analysts are beginning to talk about him as a bright spot on the Raiders defensive line last year. I have news for everyone--the Raiders defensive line is exactly what everyone thought 6 weeks ago. There was no bright spot. Bryant would be highly successful if he was expected to be the first lineman off the bench--go at 'em with high intensity for a few plays and then let someone else in. He is not an everydown player and he is not a key cog for a defensive line.

This guy is the guy who was on the field for nearly every big run the Raiders gave up last year--right there in the middle of the line. And he was a big part of it because he attacks downfield so much he gives up gap integrity.

If he gets anything in the top 10 or 15 contracts for defensive tackles, this guy is going to get overpaid.

Shupp 02-16-2013 02:08 PM

Goldston (No "H" guys) is a top 10 FS. He may or may not be in the top 5 so I wouldn't say he is overrated at all. I think you would be hard pressed to name 10 Free Safeties that are better, I think you might have a hard time naming 10 safeties period that are better than him.

bucfan12 02-16-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shupp (Post 3274755)
Goldston (No "H" guys) is a top 10 FS. He may or may not be in the top 5 so I wouldn't say he is overrated at all. I think you would be hard pressed to name 10 Free Safeties that are better, I think you might have a hard time naming 10 safeties period that are better than him.

Just because he might be a top 10 FS, doesn't mean he's actually a great FS. This guy makes big hits, but wow, was he exposed in coverage. Hes definately, not a top 10 OVERALL Safety.

Also, don't care about spelling here pal. Has nothing to do with the actual point I'm making. You want to pay a guy 8-10 mil a year who's not very good in coverage? So be it. NOT Worth it. Overpaid.

mqtirishfan 02-16-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shupp (Post 3274755)
Goldston (No "H" guys) is a top 10 FS.

If FS stands for homophobe, I totally agree.

nobodyinparticular 02-16-2013 02:29 PM

Haha. The guy correcting everyone on the spelling gets the spelling wrong too.

And no. He's not a top 10 safety. He struggles greatly in coverage.

Ed Reed
Charles Woodson
Earl Thomas
Kam Chancellor
Eric Weddle
Eric Berry
Tyvon Branch
Jairus Byrd
Kenny Phillips
Michael Griffin
Kenny Phillips

Those are just off the top of my head. Heck I might even take Michael Huff over him.

bucfan12 02-16-2013 02:33 PM

Cliff Avril wants Mario Williams type money. 7 of his 9.5 sacks this year came against Chicago, Indy, Green Bay and St Louis. 4 teams with o-line issues.

Pat Sims 90 02-16-2013 02:42 PM

Mike Wallace
Wes Welker- Only if he is out of New England System
Michael Johnson
Cliff Avril
Aquib Talib
Dashon Goldson

nobodyinparticular 02-16-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mqtirishfan (Post 3274762)
If FS stands for homophobe, I totally agree.

I think you're thinking of Chris Culver.

diabsoule 02-16-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular (Post 3274763)
Haha. The guy correcting everyone on the spelling gets the spelling wrong too.

And no. He's not a top 10 safety. He struggles greatly in coverage.

Ed Reed
Charles Woodson
Earl Thomas
Kam Chancellor
Eric Weddle
Eric Berry
Tyvon Branch
Jairus Byrd
Kenny Phillips
Michael Griffin
Kenny Phillips

Those are just off the top of my head. Heck I might even take Michael Huff over him.

You forgot William Moore and Adrian Wilson

bucfan12 02-16-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diabsoule (Post 3274773)
You forgot William Moore and Adrian Wilson

Troy Palamalu. He plays all over the field.

Menardo75 02-16-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wootylicous (Post 3274731)
Goldson is not overrated.

Coming from a guy that has seen every game of his professional career Dashon is a great player when he is in the right situation. When he isn't he really struggles and his aggressiveness is used against him.

OSUGiants17 02-16-2013 03:26 PM

Stevie Brown. He was in the right place at the right time all year long and now people think he should be a starting safety which is laughable. He will get paid way more than he deserves to start somewhere and will fall flat on his face

coordinator0 02-16-2013 03:54 PM

This thread was made for Cary Williams. Paul Kruger might get overpaid quite a bit too depending on what role he would be expected to take with his new team.

mightytitan9 02-16-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular (Post 3274763)
Haha. The guy correcting everyone on the spelling gets the spelling wrong too.

And no. He's not a top 10 safety. He struggles greatly in coverage.

Ed Reed
Charles Woodson
Earl Thomas
Kam Chancellor
Eric Weddle
Eric Berry
Tyvon Branch
Jairus Byrd
Kenny Phillips
Michael Griffin
Kenny Phillips

Those are just off the top of my head. Heck I might even take Michael Huff over him.

1) He said top 10 FS. He clearly is that.

2) Most of these safeties you listed have problems of their own. Charles Woodson didn't play well last season before injury. Kam Chancellor gets beat often in coverage. Kenny Phillips is good but overrated, Michael Griffin is overrated "whiffen"

mightytitan9 02-16-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3274740)

I don't think Sean Smith is overrated though.

Because everybody already knows he sucks? Or....?

He graded out as one of the worst 5 CBs in nearly every category last season

mightytitan9 02-16-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinslowBodden (Post 3274732)
Pretty sure Mike Wallace would be high on my list and I think the Browns will be the one to pay him haha

I think he'll be a Bengal

scottyboy 02-16-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightytitan9 (Post 3274816)
1) He said top 10 FS. He clearly is that.

2) Most of these safeties you listed have problems of their own. Charles Woodson didn't play well last season before injury. Kam Chancellor gets beat often in coverage. Kenny Phillips is good but overrated, Michael Griffin is overrated "whiffen"

"Kenny Phillips is good, but overrated". How does that even make sense? He's still a top 10 FS...

SuperPacker 02-16-2013 04:17 PM

Woodson is going to get overpaid. He won't get loads, but what he does get will most likely be too much.

mightytitan9 02-16-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottyboy (Post 3274829)
"Kenny Phillips is good, but overrated". How does that even make sense? He's still a top 10 FS...

:njx:

Well, ya see. Sometimes a player can be good, but people think he's way better than he is. This is the case with Phillips.

He's still getting by as a 1st round pick, his play really doesn't warrant where people would rank him in terms of how good he is.

And i'm pretty sure Kenny Phillips is primarily a SS

scottyboy 02-16-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightytitan9 (Post 3274834)
:njx:

Well, ya see. Sometimes a player can be good, but people think he's way better than he is. This is the case with Phillips.

He's still getting by as a 1st round pick, his play really doesn't warrant where people would rank him in terms of how good he is.

And i'm pretty sure Kenny Phillips is primarily a SS

see all of this is hilarious, wrong and irrelevant.

But no, I've only watched all of KP's career and the Giants D is night and day without him and his play CLEARLY is overrated and he's living off the hype of being a first rounder...(pick 32 might I add). But, you can continue being wrong. And the Giants flip responsibilities with our safeties, so we're a bit odd in the labeling of which they play, but KP plays deep and has more FS jobs.

Also, he can still be "overrated' if you feel, but is still a top 10 FS in the league, regardless if you feel he's living off his 1st round pick status.

The only argument you have for him being overrated is his injury, and you didn't even use that, so the amount of wrong is pretty high up there with your perception of Kenny Phillips


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.