Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Prestige Worldwide presents : A Pre-Combine Mock (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55718)

H.O.O.D 02-22-2013 12:27 PM

Prestige Worldwide presents : A Pre-Combine Mock

1. Kansas City Chiefs Geno Smith QB
2. Jacksonville Jaguars Jarvis Jones DE/OLB
3. Oakland Raiders Star Loutelei DL
4. Philadelphia Eagles Luke Joeckel OL
5. Detroit Lions Bjoern Werner DE
6. San Diego f/Cleveland Browns Eric Fisher OL
7. Arizona Cardinals Chance Warmack OL
8. Buffalo Bills Cordarrelle Patterson WR
9. Tampa Bay f/New York Jets Dee Milliner CB
10. Tennessee Titans Kenny Vaccaro S
11. Cleveland f/San Diego Chargers Damontre Moore DE/OLB
12. New Orleans f/Miami Dolphins Barkevious Mingo DE/OLB
13. New York Jets f/Tampa Bay Buccaneers Ezekial Ansah DE/OLB
14. Carolina Panthers Sharrif Floyd DL
15. Miami f/New Orleans Saints Jonathan Banks CB
16. New York Giants f/St. Louis Rams Lane Johnson OL
17. Pittsburgh Steelers Dion Jordan DE/OLB
18. Dallas Cowboys Sheldon Richardson DL
19. St.Louis f/New York Giants Jonathan Cooper OL
20. Seattle f/Chicago Bears: Keenan Allen WR
21. Cincinnati Bengals Matt Elam S
22. St. Louis Rams f/Washington Redskins Eddie Lacy RB
23. San Francisco f/Minnesota Vikings Jessie Williams DL
24. Indianapolis Colts Johnathan Hankins DL
25. Chicago f/Seattle Seahawks Zach Ertz TE
26. Green Bay Packers Tyler Eifert TE
27. Houston Texans Kevin Minter LB
28. Denver Broncos Desmond Trufant CB
29. Kansas City f/New England Patriots DeAndre Hopkins WR
30. Atlanta Falcons Datone Jones DL
31. Minnesota Vikings f/San Francisco 49ers Manti Te'o LB
32. Arizona f/Baltimore Ravens Matt Barkley QB

thebow305 02-22-2013 12:37 PM

Decent Miami pick, better thread title.

vidae 02-22-2013 12:49 PM

+1 for the KC pick, +2 for the thread title.

edit: Oh I didn't even see us moving up for Hopkins. I likey.

wicket 02-22-2013 12:59 PM

no thanks on the trade up for the saints, we have had like 3 draft picks the last few years, not a trend i want to continue

Robcards 02-22-2013 01:11 PM

The Jets trade back with Damontre Moore sitting there and take a 4-3 DE? Ansah would be a horrible scheme fit.

BallerT1215 02-22-2013 01:37 PM

With so many people mocking Patterson to the Bills - I'll just accept it and now can live with it even though I don't understand the top10 hype.

CJSchneider 02-22-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicket (Post 3279379)
no thanks on the trade up for the saints, we have had like 3 draft picks the last few years, not a trend i want to continue

Yeah, I'd rather see us stay where we are at and take Dion Jordan.

jrdrylie 02-22-2013 02:05 PM

If the Bears got a third round pick out of this, I wouldn't mind the trade. Then we could use that third to trade up in the second round (maybe 36-40 range) and grab Fluker.

The_Dude 02-22-2013 02:15 PM

I'd be content with a Vikings trade down/taking Teo if the top wrs are all gone. Hopefully that means that the Vikes picked up a FA WR or two.

Seasonticketholder 02-22-2013 02:46 PM

I concur with my Saints comrades. Stay at #15, take Jordan!

thebow305 02-22-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallerT1215 (Post 3279409)
With so many people mocking Patterson to the Bills - I'll just accept it and now can live with it even though I don't understand the top10 hype.

I think you will soon enough. Probably by Sunday night.

killxswitch 02-22-2013 02:53 PM

Hankins is going to be a 2 down lane clogger. Not worth a 1st. I'd much prefer Kawann Short, Sam Montgomery, or Xavier Rhodes. Best mock title in a while though.

H.O.O.D 02-22-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robcards (Post 3279387)
The Jets trade back with Damontre Moore sitting there and take a 4-3 DE? Ansah would be a horrible scheme fit.

I think Ziggy fits the Jets extremely well and his versatility allows Rex to get creative with his hybrid defense. And if anyone needs to trade down it's the Jets. There will still be value should they move back and can add extra picks which may help them move around the board to get the guys they need and or want, one off which is going to be a QB.

Besides, it's just another pick that allows you Jets fans to boo Goodell when he reads the card and it isn't who you guys wanted. :banana:

As for the Saints, the slight move up allows them to get their guy and I'm not sold that Jordan is that guy for them. I think Mingo is a better fit for the strong side than Jordan is.

H.O.O.D 02-22-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 3279516)
Hankins is going to be a 2 down lane clogger. Not worth a 1st. I'd much prefer Kawann Short, Sam Montgomery, or Xavier Rhodes. Best mock title in a while though.

Indy needs a NT, and 3-4 Nose Tackles are not easy to come by, they are also crucial to a 3-4 defense. While this years draft class boasts a good number of guys who may fit the role, there is likely only a few who have the potential to make an immediate impact, there rest are projects.

Robcards 02-22-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H.O.O.D (Post 3279532)
I think Ziggy fits the Jets extremely well and his versatility allows Rex to get creative with his hybrid defense. And if anyone needs to trade down it's the Jets. There will still be value should they move back and can add extra picks which may help them move around the board to get the guys they need and or want, one off which is going to be a QB.

Besides, it's just another pick that allows you Jets fans to boo Goodell when he reads the card and it isn't who you guys wanted. :banana:

As for the Saints, the slight move up allows them to get their guy and I'm not sold that Jordan is that guy for them. I think Mingo is a better fit for the strong side than Jordan is.

His versatility isn't the kind of versatility the Jets need. He can play anywhere on the LINE. We need someone who can rush outside and cover. Ansah cannot do that.

WT01 02-22-2013 06:22 PM

Only guy I could see the the Seahawks trading up for would probably be Sheldon Richardson since he's a perfect fit for the Seahawks' biggest need. Don't see Allen as enough of a potential game-changer in the NFL to justify trading up six spots.

rickscott 02-22-2013 09:34 PM

I don't think Elam is worthy of a 1st rd selection for the Bengals. Minter, Lacy or Teo would be better picks

farfromforgotten 02-22-2013 09:42 PM

I like Williams, but I don't think we'll have to trade up to get him.

T-RICH49 02-22-2013 10:32 PM

Geno & Hopkins?LOVE IT!!!

SaintsMan 02-22-2013 10:36 PM

I'd rather Ansah.

killxswitch 02-22-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H.O.O.D (Post 3279544)
Indy needs a NT, and 3-4 Nose Tackles are not easy to come by, they are also crucial to a 3-4 defense. While this years draft class boasts a good number of guys who may fit the role, there is likely only a few who have the potential to make an immediate impact, there rest are projects.

We have Josh Chapman and Brandon McKinney coming back from injury. It's like 2 draft picks since neither has played much (or at all) for the Colts yet. NT is like 7th or 8th on the needs list and the value is bad. Also, Hankins in 3 years will be the Ron Brace of this draft.

proshoota25 02-23-2013 02:22 AM

pretty perfect scenario for the pats. with a lack of picks, im pretty confident we will trade back in the first

Shupp 02-23-2013 04:01 AM

I like Williams for SF but not enough to trade up for him

H.O.O.D 02-23-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robcards (Post 3279552)
His versatility isn't the kind of versatility the Jets need. He can play anywhere on the LINE. We need someone who can rush outside and cover. Ansah cannot do that.

He can rush the passer, as far as coverage abilities he wasn't really asked to, so it's something he'll need to work on but he is so raw and the potential and upside coupled with his versatility is something Rex would love to develop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WT01 (Post 3279709)
Only guy I could see the the Seahawks trading up for would probably be Sheldon Richardson since he's a perfect fit for the Seahawks' biggest need. Don't see Allen as enough of a potential game-changer in the NFL to justify trading up six spots.

Wilson needs more talent around him and Allen, while not a guy with blazing speed can still be a game changer at the next level. He's in that mold of Michael Crabtree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickscott (Post 3279799)
I don't think Elam is worthy of a 1st rd selection for the Bengals. Minter, Lacy or Teo would be better picks

Safety position may end up being a bit overvalued in this class and the Bengals certainly need some help in the back end. I think he is a slight reach here but still a good value.

Quote:

Originally Posted by farfromforgotten (Post 3279805)
I like Williams, but I don't think we'll have to trade up to get him.

A load of teams in the mid 20's with a need on the DL. It's a case of moving up to get a guy I think we'll end up really liking and value as opposed to hoping he falls. We have the ability to be aggressive this year with all the picks we'll possess.

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 3279843)
We have Josh Chapman and Brandon McKinney coming back from injury. It's like 2 draft picks since neither has played much (or at all) for the Colts yet. NT is like 7th or 8th on the needs list and the value is bad. Also, Hankins in 3 years will be the Ron Brace of this draft.

Chapman and McKinney are uncertainties and you can't put all your stock into hope. NT is a bigger need IMO than you seem to perceive IMO, especially considering how you were not a very good run defending defense. We'll have to agree to disagree on that.

BigBearFan 02-23-2013 11:40 AM

I would have to agree with my fellow Bears fan jrdrylie - why not take DJ Fluker? It would provide some nice competition & much needed depth with our OL . The only way I would be okay with your mock strategy is if we sign a legit OL with FA