Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Class of 2013 - Most Likely to Bust? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55746)

AcheTen (Thumper) 02-25-2013 10:51 AM

Class of 2013 - Most Likely to Bust?
 
Who do you think will be a top-20 pick with the highest BUST potential?

Restrict this to top-20 prospects - players with a high likelihood of being selected top-20.

My #1 choice is Ezekiel Ansah. Some team will reach for him based on his athletic potential, but his complete lack of production in college scares me as a huge red flag.

I predict that years from now we will look back on Ansah as the #1 draft bust of this class after some team takes him in the top-20 or even top-10.

What about you?

Monomach 02-25-2013 11:46 AM

Guys I've seen predicted to go in the top 20 that I think will bust:

Sam Montgomery
Tavon Austin
Manti Te'o
Matt Barkley

SunTzu_22 02-25-2013 11:50 AM

Barkevious Mingo. For the exact same (Almost word for word) reasons you think Ansah will bust.

bruschis4all 02-25-2013 11:56 AM

JoHnathan Hankins. Can't show up for combine in shape.

Nastradamus 02-25-2013 12:01 PM

Really, you didn't get it off your chest enough in the other threads, you had to start a thread for it?

Cigaro 02-25-2013 12:02 PM

Nevermind, top 20 picks only.

AcheTen (Thumper) 02-25-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nastradamus (Post 3282149)
Really, you didn't get it off your chest enough in the other threads, you had to start a thread for it?

I need something I can bump in a few years when this guy does nothing in the NFL.

SOnMyChest 02-25-2013 12:22 PM

Dion Jordan just because a large part of his attractiveness as a prospect is his ability to move in space. A large consensus of people agree that he needs to add about 20 pounds. If he adds 20lbs of fat he's going to lose his ability to move, so he needs to 20lbs of muscle which can reasonably be done in 2-3 years. But the reason he is under weight right now is because he can't lift due to his shoulder, he is having surgery this week.

His shoulder will need to heal and rehab before he can lift the way he needs to, which just adds to the already 2-3 year processes to get the finished product. I have to wonder how many teams will be willing to bet on Jordan to overcome a shoulder injury to gain 20 lbs of muscle with a 1st round pick. I can see him panning out but I can def see a window for him to become a bust

pierce2walker 02-25-2013 01:44 PM

Wow you didn't make this threat in order to rant about Ansah for the 8 millionth time...



Quote:

Originally Posted by AcheTen (Post 3282155)
I need something I can bump in a few years when this guy does nothing in the NFL.

So even if Ansah does bust, you want to be that guy who dug up with Collin Kaepernick thread and graded everyone's post...?


thebow305 02-25-2013 01:54 PM

Ansah and Glennon for sure.

killxswitch 02-25-2013 01:55 PM

Despite the OP being who he is, I do find this interesting.

Assuming Montgomery is picked high, he'll bust. Slow, dumb, and lazy. No thanks.

I think Bjoern Werner will be a disappointment. Just a solid starter while he's young and then a good backup. I'm not sure he'll be a "bust".

If Shariff Floyd goes top 5 I think he will bust. I think he will be a solid NFL player but not top 5 worthy at all.

Margus Hunt in the 1st is also a bad idea.

And yes, if Johnathan Hankins is still considered a 1st rounder, I think he'll bust. I see him as a second day pick.

regoob2 02-25-2013 01:58 PM

QBs
Ansah
Ogletree
Floyd
Ertz
Sylvester Williams

jrdrylie 02-25-2013 02:06 PM

Tyler Wilson- He won't do anything worth a dang in the NFL.

Geno Smith- He may start a while but he'll be average.

Alec Ogletree- Anybody who gets a DUI right before the combine just screams of a guy who will be in trouble his entire career.

BallerT1215 02-25-2013 02:20 PM

Mike Glennon if some team goes top 20 on him, I feel bad for those fans.

holt_bruce81 02-25-2013 02:55 PM

Really depends on what team he goes to, but I could see Sheldon Richardson being a bust. I think he's one of those players that needs to constantly be pushed, won't take it upon himself to get better.

Hell of a player, I just question his desire to be the best.

Cigaro 02-25-2013 02:55 PM

So I don't have a second wasted post here, I'll go Mingo. I just don't see much worth liking, at least first round wise, when it comes to him.

bitonti 02-25-2013 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SunTzu_22 (Post 3282131)
Barkevious Mingo. For the exact same (Almost word for word) reasons you think Ansah will bust.

Ansah has no production. Mingo at has some production.

PossibleCabbage 02-25-2013 04:45 PM

I'd put DaMontre Moore up there. He's a guy with no real flaws, but no real exceptional qualities. If he gets drafted high, it'll be be cause of his college stat-sheet but I think he'll do about as well in the NFL as Everette Brown did.

I don't like pass rushers who are no better than "slightly above average" at anything.

FUNBUNCHER 02-25-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOnMyChest (Post 3282186)
Dion Jordan just because a large part of his attractiveness as a prospect is his ability to move in space. A large consensus of people agree that he needs to add about 20 pounds. If he adds 20lbs of fat he's going to lose his ability to move, so he needs to 20lbs of muscle which can reasonably be done in 2-3 years. But the reason he is under weight right now is because he can't lift due to his shoulder, he is having surgery this week.

His shoulder will need to heal and rehab before he can lift the way he needs to, which just adds to the already 2-3 year processes to get the finished product. I have to wonder how many teams will be willing to bet on Jordan to overcome a shoulder injury to gain 20 lbs of muscle with a 1st round pick. I can see him panning out but I can def see a window for him to become a bust

I had questions about Dion Jordan too. He may have played below 230# for the Ducks, but unlike Aaron Maybin Jordan has solid muscular legs, not the toothpicks Maybin ran around on. Jordan just needs to get his upper body bigger.
Oregon didn't really let Jordan rush the passer all that much, but I think if he's turned loose off the edge in the NFL he's going to be a perennial double digit sack guy.

BallerT1215 02-25-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage (Post 3282562)
I'd put DaMontre Moore up there. He's a guy with no real flaws, but no real exceptional qualities. If he gets drafted high, it'll be be cause of his college stat-sheet but I think he'll do about as well in the NFL as Everette Brown did.

I don't like pass rushers who are no better than "slightly above average" at anything.

Hurts for me to admit that on Everette Brown, but very nice comparison possibility.

underscore 02-25-2013 05:08 PM

Geno Smith

Caulibflower 02-25-2013 05:29 PM

Geno Smith, Damontre Moore, Jarvis Jones, Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo, Sam Montgomery.

Iamcanadian 02-25-2013 06:13 PM

I see no way Jordan busts, he has a real shot to be one of the stars of the draft. He isn't just fast, he has terrific movement skills that you cannot teach. He'll add weight after his shoulder surgery but he'll be efective right out of the gate as a 3-4 OLB.

I'd say Moore and any of the QB's and likely Te'o as well. I have my concerns about the rawness of Ansah but he does have a high ceiling for a team that is patient.

niel89 02-26-2013 07:42 PM

I don't have a ton of outright busts, but I could see a lot of these players just becoming solid guys instead of stars. Not one elite player in the draft.

The QBs are nothing more than above average across the board. Right now I don't see a probable franchise QB in this draft.

I could easily see Ansah bust completely, but he has some real potential and fans want to be first to love the next best thing. I could see him taking time to learn the nuances of the game and to just learn football.

edgrenade 02-27-2013 04:29 AM

I just don't think Jordan is an ideal fit for the 3-4. As a Niner fan, he just screams Manny Lawson to me.

Maybe his best fit is for a team like the Bengals who like to play those big Sam guys. And just like Lawson, he could become a solid player, just not an elite guy like he is pegged.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.