Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Post Combine - You asked for it, You got it! GIF MOCK! (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55815)

BallerT1215 03-01-2013 12:15 AM

Post Combine - You asked for it, You got it! GIF MOCK!

Ok – No one asked for it but I see the look in your eyes. Hope this is entertaining and close to what you would want for your team….

Each pick gets a GIF this time around. I put notes next to picks that I felt needed a little explaining. If you got a question on your pick – I’ll happily give you my reasoning. If you feel you can school me on why my pick is no good, I’m all ears.

1. Kansas City Chiefs – OT Eric Fisher – Central Michigan ( I have a feeling he will end up going #1 overall OT and it is time to learn how to smile again – I’m looking at your VIDAE!)

2. Jacksonville Jags – DT Sharrif Floyd – Florida

3. Oakland Raiders – DE Dion Jordan – Oregon

4. Philadelphia Eagles – DT Star Lotulelei – Utah (Almost gave them Joeckel but I figure the return of Jason Peters will let them wait for RT in 2nd)

5. Detroit Lions – CB Dee Milliner – Alabama (The CB need outweighs the DE need IMO)

6. Cleveland Browns – DE Bjoern Werner – Florida State

7. Arizona Cardinals – OT Luke Joeckel – Texas A&M (Arizona pleasantly surprised they get their future OT at #7)

8. Buffalo Bills – OLB Barkevious Mingo – LSU (Back and Forth with him and Jones – Mingo won out due to medical red flags)

9. New York Jets – QB – Geno Smith – West Virginia (You know what – Rex needs to take a chance to save his job. Hit on Geno – contract extension.) AND THE DAILY DOUBLE BONUS GIF OF THE DAY!

10. Tennessee Titans – DE Ezekial Ansah – BYU

11. San Diego Chargers – OG Chance Warmack – Alabama

12. Miami Dolphins - WR Cordarrelle Patterson – Tennessee (Unfortunately, We will have to do this at my best friends house if they take Patterson)

13. Tampa Bay Bucs – CB Xavier Rhodes – FSU (Physical CB just the way the coach likes them)

14. Carolina Panthers – S Kenny Vaccaro – Texas (Rebuilding that defense with a “QB” of the defensive backfield)

15. New Orleans Saints- DT Sheldon Richardson – Mizzou (He is falling recently, but plug him in the middle of your defense and you should have a stud for years)

16. St.Louis Rams – WR Keenan Allen – California (#1 WR for Mr.Bradford)

17. Pittsburgh Steelers – OLB Jarvis Jones – Georgia (Jarvis Jones ,Lawrence Timmons,Lamar Woodley….scary right?)

18. Dallas Cowboys – DE – Damontre Moore – Texas A&M (He is falling now but he might regain some steam after a steady Pro Day.)

19. New York Giants – DE – Tank Carradine - FSU (Up 6 spots from last mock – and rising)

20. Chicago Bears – OT Lane Johnson – Oklahoma (Somewhere – Jcut is smiling.)

21. Cincinnati Bengals – ILB – Kevin Minter – LSU

22. St.Louis Rams – OT – DJ Fluker – Alabama (Some protection for Mr.Bradford)

23. Minnesota Vikings - WR – DeAndre Hopkins – Clemson (Percy,Hopkins,AD…You’re welcome Ponder)

24. Indianapolis Colts – OG – Jonathon Cooper – North Carolina

25. Seattle Seahawks – DE – Alec Olgetree – Georgia (His stupidity cost him some money but the talent will still get him taken in 1st rnd by a coach that can handle his personality.)

26. Houston Texans – S – Eric Reid – LSU ( I just feel like he is a strong fit for that Houston defense and a solid safety that will be a factor right away.)

27. Green Bay Packers – RB – Gio Benard – North Carolina (Playmaker RB to finally go with their explosive offense)

28. Denver Broncos – DT – Jonathon Hankins – Ohio State

29. New England Patriots – WR – Tavon Austin – West Virginia (As a Bills fan, I’m scared.)

30. Atlanta Falcons – RB – Eddy Lacy – Alabama (If they don’t get S-Jax in FA)

31. San Francisco 49ers – CB – Desmond Trufant – Washington

32. Baltimore Ravens – MLB – Arthur Brown – Kansas State (Heir apparent to Ray.)

ChicagoBearsVet23 03-01-2013 12:33 AM

Perfect Bears pick!!

wicket 03-01-2013 12:39 AM

No thanks on richardson, doesnt really fit a 34 at all. jones plz

thebow305 03-01-2013 12:55 AM

BEST. MOCK. EVER!!!! Loved it!! My reaction would be a mix of the Miami gif and the Indy gif!

Nice work!

proshoota25 03-01-2013 01:03 AM

the giants gif is maddd funny

dig the pats pick

Monomach 03-01-2013 02:02 AM

If the Bears got Lane Johnson, I'd drop trou and start wanking. Don't even care where I am.

FUNBUNCHER 03-01-2013 07:24 AM

This is sooo the reaction I see Pats fans having if they get Austin. Smug on top of smug.

Like the visual aids.

TheMatriculator 03-01-2013 07:28 AM

Love the GIFs but I don't think an OT, any OT, will put a smile on the face of vidae or any Chiefs fan on this board. Let Albert walk and draft an OT is still a lateral move. What a waste of the #1 overall.

princefielder28 03-01-2013 08:02 AM

With as deep as this draft class is at RB, the Packers addressing the position in round one is less than ideal.

LonghornsLegend 03-01-2013 08:10 AM

Moore who has had a pathetic off-season over an elite Guard prospect in Cooper for the Cowboys? Complete FAIL. No other explanation is needed, Moore is likely a late 1st rd guy now and Cooper should be gone in the top 20.

49erNation85 03-01-2013 10:09 AM

great sf pick!

vidae 03-01-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monomach (Post 3287930)
If the Bears got Lane Johnson, I'd drop trou and start wanking. Don't even care where I am.

So uh, you wanna watch the draft over at my place?

(Good Chiefs pick if Branden Albert walks I guess, but I won't be smiling.)

Monomach 03-01-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3288101)
So uh, you wanna watch the draft over at my place?

(Good Chiefs pick if Branden Albert walks I guess, but I won't be smiling.)

BallerT1215 03-01-2013 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princefielder28 (Post 3287990)
With as deep as this draft class is at RB, the Packers addressing the position in round one is less than ideal.

It's deep but I think there is only one Gio Benard in this draft, and to put him with your offense would be just dynamic. He is a 3 down back.

And seriously every post game interview win or loss - McCarthy would always have a remark of how disappointed he was in the running game.

BallerT1215 03-01-2013 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend (Post 3287992)
Moore who has had a pathetic off-season over an elite Guard prospect in Cooper for the Cowboys? Complete FAIL. No other explanation is needed, Moore is likely a late 1st rd guy now and Cooper should be gone in the top 20.

I noted that I think Moore will regain some momentum after his pro day. His game tape from this past season was impressive as I looked at it after his combine failures and you guys need some pass rush other than Ware. It's impossible for him to do it by himself.

And yes I thought of O-Line help but I don't think Cooper is as elite you are saying either.

Pat Sims 90 03-01-2013 11:30 AM

Kevin Minter is better suited for a 34.

thebow305 03-01-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 (Post 3288174)

No he's not. He would fit well in any defensive scheme. I actually think he fits better as a Mike in a 4-3. He moves extremely well and diagnoses plays quickly, but is a bit undersized. So being placed behind a four man front would seem to benefit him greatly.

BallerT1215 03-01-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 (Post 3288174)

FootballGod 03-01-2013 01:12 PM

As a Bengals fan I would still want Ogletree over Minter!!!

T-RICH49 03-01-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMatriculator (Post 3287971)
Love the GIFs but I don't think an OT, any OT, will put a smile on the face of vidae or any Chiefs fan on this board. Let Albert walk and draft an OT is still a lateral move. What a waste of the #1 overall.

THIS (10char)

BallerT1215 03-01-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-RICH49 (Post 3288380)
THIS (10char)

You guys are forgetting the cap space - lateral move but at a more affordable price!!!

apernesky 03-01-2013 02:09 PM

Mia Pick

I think Miami might be another team that trys to fix there problems with FA & just like your call on ATL I would say the same for them.. if they dont sign Wallace or Jennings they go WR... other than that I like it

LonghornsLegend 03-01-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallerT1215 (Post 3288145)
I noted that I think Moore will regain some momentum after his pro day. His game tape from this past season was impressive as I looked at it after his combine failures and you guys need some pass rush other than Ware. It's impossible for him to do it by himself.

And yes I thought of O-Line help but I don't think Cooper is as elite you are saying either.

Your right on the last part, but protecting Romo is by far a bigger need and Cooper is rated higher then Moore on just about any board you look at even if he's not considered elite. I'm not ruling it out in terms of a pick we may make, just that I would throw up over it. The LE in a Monte Kiffin scheme isn't really that vitally important to take one in the 1st over O-line help.

Borat 03-01-2013 02:37 PM

Pick and GIF are 49er fan approved.

scar988 03-01-2013 04:29 PM

can't see ATL going with a RB. they need one yes, but no RB (including Lacy) fits for their first round pick.