Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Peter Lalich: QB Sleeper? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55889)

Duffman57 03-06-2013 02:30 PM

Peter Lalich: QB Sleeper?

So someone in another forum brought up his name and i was curious about him. Former 4*/5* QB who left UVA because of a drinking incident, then went to Oregon State, and left due to a Boating DUI incident while on a weekend trip to a lake. But seems like he's turned it around, and put up insane numbers at California Pennsylvania State in his Sr. Year (almost 4000 yards, and was 4th best in school history). Reportedly an elite football mind, and seems to have all the NFL tools (accuracy especially good, with Quick release, and good arm strength and zip on balls). Does anyone have any more info on the guy? Here's an article on him and a highlight video of his Sr Year...

http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/3/1/40...r-lalich-story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=-LI7g2mTf68

Don Vito 03-06-2013 02:45 PM

Seems like a more likely candidate to pass out than be a sleeper.

JRTPlaya21 03-06-2013 03:29 PM

No THAT is a name I have not heard in ages. Undrafted free agent.

Duffman57 03-06-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 (Post 3293461)
No THAT is a name I have not heard in ages. Undrafted free agent.

I agree with the UDFA part, but i was curious to see if anyone knew anything about him in terms of how he was as a player, NFL projectability

Brent 03-06-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Vito (Post 3293419)
Seems like a more likely candidate to pass out than be a sleeper.

nepg 03-06-2013 04:10 PM

Maybe...until I read how he dresses. Then, "Eff No" is very strong in my thinking here.

MikeTheDudeV2 03-06-2013 09:30 PM

Pretty serious character concerns and absolutely ridiculous arrogance, but he seems pretty intriguing. I hope he at least gets a tryout in a Training Camp somewhere.

nepg 03-06-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeTheDudeV2 (Post 3293824)
Pretty serious character concerns and absolutely ridiculous arrogance, but he seems pretty intriguing. I hope he at least gets a tryout in a Training Camp somewhere.

It says he has a Pro Day and he's going to a regional combine.

FUNBUNCHER 03-06-2013 11:46 PM

Mike Glennon was a major recruit out of the state of Virginia, but Lalich was talked about as maybe the best QB ever recruited from the state.

Lalich is 6'6, 245# and he's ALL upside.

He has Mallet's tools, but he also has some of Mallet's baggage. Needs to grow up off the field. If he'd stayed out of trouble and finished his career at a BCS school, he might be far and away the number one prospect in this draft.

Curious to see where he ends up.

He's a nice piece about him.
http://www.knowitallfootball.com/201...forgotten-one/

If he's in control of his drinking, he could be an epic steal down the road.

brasho 03-07-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER (Post 3293922)
Mike Glennon was a major recruit out of the state of Virginia, but Lalich was talked about as maybe the best QB ever recruited from the state.

Lalich is 6'6, 245# and he's ALL upside.

He has Mallet's tools, but he also has some of Mallet's baggage. Needs to grow up off the field. If he'd stayed out of trouble and finished his career at a BCS school, he might be far and away the number one prospect in this draft.

Curious to see where he ends up.

He's a nice piece about him.
http://www.knowitallfootball.com/201...forgotten-one/

If he's in control of his drinking, he could be an epic steal down the road.

Being a UVa fan I've watched him a few more times than I wanted. I really didn't see anything impressive about him other than his frame. No big arm, not very good feet, didn't have command of the game.; I hated him, to tell the truth. I thought that when Jameel Sewell returned to the team that he was a huge upgrade over Lalich.

Shane P. Hallam 03-07-2013 12:51 PM

I've seen Lalich play and I can't say I've been overly impressed. Was decent for his level, but nothing felt NFL about him.

BallerT1215 03-07-2013 01:05 PM

Lalich possibly might be a steal for practice squad QB.

Duffman57 03-07-2013 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brasho (Post 3294219)
Being a UVa fan I've watched him a few more times than I wanted. I really didn't see anything impressive about him other than his frame. No big arm, not very good feet, didn't have command of the game.; I hated him, to tell the truth. I thought that when Jameel Sewell returned to the team that he was a huge upgrade over Lalich.

At UVA? When he was only a freshman right? Just clarifying.

I was just interested because he was such a high profile guy coming into college. Didn't really know much about him. Seems like he needs some work and is willing to put it in, but could be good.

Robcards 03-07-2013 04:54 PM

Who were the top 3 at passing yards in a season at California (PA)? lol

Duffman57 03-07-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robcards (Post 3294532)
Who were the top 3 at passing yards in a season at California (PA)? lol

One of them is Josh Portis, who i think is still in the NFL somewhere.

MikeTheDudeV2 03-07-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nepg (Post 3293900)
It says he has a Pro Day and he's going to a regional combine.

Well, of course. But he's clearly not draftable. I want to see him get a tryout as a UDFA in a Training Camp.

SolidGold 03-07-2013 11:42 PM

dude is a waste of talent - hopefully he has grown up some but his character issues will push him far down all draft boards

FUNBUNCHER 03-08-2013 05:48 AM

Lalich has enough talent to make a team as an UDFA and I think he's got about a 90% chance to make some team's practice squad.

Considering where he's come from, that's a huge accomplishment.

The kid has or had a serious drinking problem, like showing up to practice smelling like booze issues.

Make a team, learn the playbook, prove you can handle being an adult in the NFL and move up the depth chart in successive training camps.

Lalich has all the ability in the world to start in this league, but he could be the next Marinovich/Leaf too.

fischbowl 03-08-2013 02:01 PM

I'd want Buffalo to sign him just so his sister can come to preseason games, giving me the opportunity to woo her...

brasho 03-11-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duffman57 (Post 3294515)

I was just interested because he was such a high profile guy coming into college. Didn't really know much about him. Seems like he needs some work and is willing to put it in, but could be good.

Yeah....Physically reminded me of Matt Schaub, mentally he reminded me of a cross between Tiki Barber (the pompous tude) and Todd Marinovich (the stupid decisions).

SchizophrenicBatman 03-11-2013 01:41 PM

I can't believe Lalich was still in school

Maybe the Steelers can draft him to back up Ben

SchizophrenicBatman 03-11-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duffman57 (Post 3294515)

What I remember about Lalich is that UVa had the option of offering Tyrod or Russell Wilson...and they chose Lalich.