Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   A storm brewing in Austin (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55918)

Cigaro 03-08-2013 08:58 PM

A storm brewing in Austin

His other tweets have indicated that Texas' general counsel has quit, and that it involves multiple sports. Nothing confirmed, but given the source, this seems authentic and not good.

Shreckart 03-08-2013 09:15 PM

Been reading through their timelines, it's supposedly going to cost a lot of jobs if what's being rumored is true. This could get interesting. I'm excited to hear about it. Anything to kill UT in the state of Texas so TCU can reclaim some dominance is always appreciated.

JoeJoeBrown 03-08-2013 09:50 PM

That's not good.

And it's most likely true that something bad is happening because the local sports media is like a communist propaganda machine down here. They don't give any bad news about UT unless they are forced to.

Bob Sanders Dreadlock 03-08-2013 10:46 PM

Mack Brown had intercourse with Vince Young you heard it here first

Cigaro 03-08-2013 11:16 PM

A rumor I've read is that it comes down to sexual misconduct, and the accompanying punishment, within the Texas program. Major Applewhite had sex with a student, received a temporary pay freeze(received a raise the very next year) and kept his job. In contrast, a black lesbian track coach admitted to the same thing, and was fired.

That in itself sounds bad considering the inherent bias Texas' athletic program it presumes, but not necessarily apocalyptic(regardless of whether or not it should be). But there may be more to this story, and at the same time, this may not be the story at all.

JoeJoeBrown 03-08-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigaro (Post 3295791)
A rumor I've read is that it comes down to sexual misconduct, and the accompanying punishment, within the Texas program. Major Applewhite had sex with a student, received a temporary pay freeze(received a raise the very next year) and kept his job. In contrast, a black lesbian track coach admitted to the same thing, and was fired.

That in itself sounds bad considering the inherent bias Texas' athletic program it presumes, but not necessarily apocalyptic(regardless of whether or not it should be). But there may be more to this story, and at the same time, this may not be the story at all.

I think you are on the right track.

The black lesbian lives one street away from me and her house is on the market now. Damn shame, really. She seems like good people and she is a hell of a track coach. A reprimand and a carry on is all that should have happened. These are all adults.

She's likely naming names and good for her. Stupid cocky good old boy network.

BallerT1215 03-09-2013 12:43 AM

It's a little crazy how far Mack Brown has fallen in terms of running that program.

Cigaro 03-09-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallerT1215 (Post 3295956)
It's a little crazy how far Mack Brown has fallen in terms of running that program.

If it's what I said earlier, that's not on Mack Brown.

Although that being said, as far as coaching goes, I do think Mack Brown should probably be let go/"retire" as soon as possible.

soybean 03-09-2013 01:11 AM

If the sex scandal thing is true let me just say:

HOW THE **** ARE ALL THESE GOOFY LOOKING MOTHER F****** GETTING LAID SO MUCH?!?

Why isn't it easy for me to hook up with a college student and I'm only 26???

Cigaro 03-09-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soybean (Post 3295991)
If the sex scandal thing is true let me just say:

HOW THE **** ARE ALL THESE GOOFY LOOKING MOTHER F****** GETTING LAID SO MUCH?!?

Why isn't it easy for me to hook up with a college student and I'm only 26???

You probably could easily hook up with a college student, depending on the hush money you're willing to dispense.

Seriously though, people are attracted to power/position, and thus this, whatever it is.

BallerT1215 03-09-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cigaro (Post 3296005)
You probably could easily hook up with a college student, depending on the hush money you're willing to dispense.

Seriously though, people are attracted to power/position, and thus this, whatever it is.

Money + Power = Getting whatever you want

Unfortunate in some circumstances but still true.

LonghornsLegend 03-09-2013 08:08 AM

I thought the "bad" news was gonna be "good" news and it was going to be Mack Brown was going to go far far away. Oh well, maybe this will speed up the process..

Shreckart 03-12-2013 05:05 PM

So did anything ever come of this?

Cigaro 03-12-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shreckart (Post 3299031)
So did anything ever come of this?

Yes and no. There does seem like there will be legal action regarding discrimination, but nothing more than that. The original tweeters made it sound a bit more dire.

comahan 03-12-2013 06:38 PM

Cayleb Jones fractured a tennis players' jaw. That's pretty dire.

JHL6719 03-24-2013 07:55 AM

The funniest thing about the demise of Texas under Mack Brown post Colt McCoy is the arrogance of their recruiting. They can't find a QB who's capable of hitting a cow's ass with a banjo to save their life....yet they only wanted Robert Griffin and Johnny Manziel as safeties.

Apparently Texas got "processed" far worse by Alabama in the national title game than anyone suspected.

JoeJoeBrown 03-24-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHL6719 (Post 3311134)
The funniest thing about the demise of Texas under Mack Brown post Colt McCoy is the arrogance of their recruiting. They can't find a QB who's capable of hitting a cow's ass with a banjo to save their life....yet they only wanted Robert Griffin and Johnny Manziel as safeties.

Apparently Texas got "processed" far worse by Alabama in the national title game than anyone suspected.

Two things:
1) Bev filed her lawsuit. There will be dirt being aired.
2) Mack has told commits that they can't visit other schools. A commit is coming up to visit OSU this weekend. We'll see what Mack does about that.

The arrogance is disgusting. UT needs an overhaul of the FB and BB programs.

Brent 03-25-2013 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown (Post 3311891)
Mack has told commits that they can't visit other schools.

That sends a nice message.

JoeJoeBrown 03-25-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 3311997)
That sends a nice message.

Quality job, Mack.

LonghornsLegend 03-25-2013 11:06 AM

Mack cannot recruit anymore, that's fairly obvious. The QB he has trotted out, among overlooking RGIII and Manziel is a glaring issue, he doesn't even know how to handle it anymore. I'd almost suspect that the only half decent recruits in the last few years are guys who went just because it's Texas and they knew well before Mack even showed up to their doorstep that's where they wanted to go.

He could have started to set his retirement up when we had Muschamp in and he could have left on his own terms, now he's ran the program even more into the ground and will be ran out of Austin. 1 more sub par year is probably all he'll be afforded with the recent string of events.

Oh and I won't even get into how criminally misused and under utilized Marquise Goodwin is. Why would any athlete want to come here? He hardly even got the ball, and we didn't even show an ounce of creativity with trying to find ways to get your best play-maker the ball. 39 total touches for an offense devoid of play-makers and talent? Yea...It's time for a change.

Brent 04-19-2013 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend (Post 3312137)
Mack cannot recruit anymore, that's fairly obvious. The QB he has trotted out, among overlooking RGIII and Manziel is a glaring issue, he doesn't even know how to handle it anymore. I'd almost suspect that the only half decent recruits in the last few years are guys who went just because it's Texas and they knew well before Mack even showed up to their doorstep that's where they wanted to go.

He could have started to set his retirement up when we had Muschamp in and he could have left on his own terms, now he's ran the program even more into the ground and will be ran out of Austin. 1 more sub par year is probably all he'll be afforded with the recent string of events.

Oh and I won't even get into how criminally misused and under utilized Marquise Goodwin is. Why would any athlete want to come here? He hardly even got the ball, and we didn't even show an ounce of creativity with trying to find ways to get your best play-maker the ball. 39 total touches for an offense devoid of play-makers and talent? Yea...It's time for a change.

To be fair, a lot of people missed on Manziel. And, you cannot get the ball to Marquise Goodwin often when your QBs cannot throw the ball well.

FUNBUNCHER 04-19-2013 07:27 AM

I like Mack Brown, but missing on Manziel and RG3, two in-state prospects who probably were halfway in the pocket for the Longhorns, is unforgivable.

Imagine going directly from Griffin to the Manziel era??

It might be time for him to step down.

Jcn92 04-19-2013 08:20 AM

Curse of the Longhorn Network

bearsfan_51 04-20-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JHL6719 (Post 3311134)

bearsfan_51 04-20-2013 09:33 AM

The thing that I don't understand is that it's not like Brown just forgot how to coach/recruit immediately after 2009. Before that he had a string of 10 straight years finishing in the top 15 and the boom! 5-7. I don't care who you are, if you can pull of 10 straight years of being a top team without a letdown that's impressive. Saban or Meyer might be able to pull that off if they ever actually stuck around a place that long, but before that I think you'd have to go to the runs by Florida State and Florida in the 90s or Nebraska in the 80s.

It just doesn't make any sense.

And it's not like Texas was great when Brown took it over. It was always Texas, but that didn't mean nearly as much as it means today. I wonder if most Texas fans today can appreciate what their program was before Brown took it over.