Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Most Uncertain Draft Stock? (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56086)

Kyle472 03-27-2013 08:43 PM

Most Uncertain Draft Stock?

Unknown draft stock as in no one knows where he will go.

Mine is Barrett Jones, in some mocks he is projected as a late 1st round pick, Walterfootball has him going in the 4th, I think he will go in the 2nd round.

Who is you're unknown draft stock player?

phlysac 03-27-2013 09:29 PM

Bacarri Rambo

mightytitan9 03-27-2013 09:51 PM

DJ Hayden. People are saying late first to 6th rounder.

REALLY? That's a pretty big window!

Duffman57 03-27-2013 10:07 PM

Barrett Jones is a good one, the CB's are pretty good too. Logan Ryan and Blidi Wreh-Wilson are seen all over the place. Its easy to say for a guy like Hayden or even Walter Stewart who's stock is mostly dependant on injuries. I've also see Luke Marquardt anywhere from a 4th rounder to a 7th, but i cant see anything more than a late rounder.

ChiFan24 03-27-2013 10:25 PM

I don't know.

(eh?)

Hurricanes25 03-27-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightytitan9 (Post 3314263)
DJ Hayden. People are saying late first to 6th rounder.

REALLY? That's a pretty big window!

Yep. Mayock is saying late first while plenty of websites have him going in the late rounds.

Mr. Goosemahn 03-27-2013 10:57 PM

Mike Catapano bro, he's rated as the 25-30th best DE in this class on multiple websites, indicating very late pick or UDFA, but apparently everyone's overlooking him and he's got the skills to be an elite DE and should go first round. I just don't know what to think!

/joke, honestly Eddie Lacy for me. I've seen him mocked in the second round but he's consistently rated as the best back this year, meaning the whole RB class starts in the second round. No first round RB just seems weird to me.

Duffman57 03-27-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 (Post 3314296)
Yep. Mayock is saying late first while plenty of websites have him going in the late rounds.

Mayock is a moron. He also called Walter Stewart top 10 if he was healthy...lol

His range is anywhere from a 3rd to UDFA which is still a big range.

SenorGato 03-27-2013 11:37 PM

All of them in the new age of disinformation.

killxswitch 03-27-2013 11:42 PM

Jamie Collins. 1st? 3rd? 5th?

I also wonder about Abry Jones. Everyone sees him as a nice 7th round pickup. Which means I half expect him to be taken in round 4.

niel89 03-28-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn (Post 3314309)
Mike Catapano bro, he's rated as the 25-30th best DE in this class on multiple websites, indicating very late pick or UDFA, but apparently everyone's overlooking him and he's got the skills to be an elite DE and should go first round. I just don't know what to think!

/joke

Hey I know Mike on a personal level and if you knew the dedication he show everyday and the heart he has you wouldn't be bad mouthing him. His workout # are better than HoF players but people still don't give him the respect a guy who was good against Ivy League tackles deserves to get. Ivy League guys just don't get the looks because they aren't in the SEC. He could have ran on the indoor field for his proday, but he faced adversity and ran outside in the cold because he is willing to make the extra effort. If you're reading this Mike, keep working brother and lets do brunch.

/power

fatso 03-28-2013 12:38 AM

Duke Williams

Everyone loves him, but expects their team will be able to draft him in round 6. I'm not buying it. 3rd-4th IMO

duesouth 03-28-2013 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 (Post 3314296)

NFL Draft Scout haven't updated their rankings in the last week or two, would expect them to push him up from their current late round grade.

FUNBUNCHER 03-28-2013 07:09 AM

Margus Hunt.

I could see a team taking him at the bottom of the first. Or I could realistically see him go in the 4th/5th round.

Looked awful in the Senior Bowl like he didn't belong on the field.

A slightly overage prospect with elite measurables.

dunagan15 03-28-2013 07:11 AM

Te'o. Late first to 3rd.

Kyle472 03-28-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunagan15 (Post 3314448)
Te'o. Late first to 3rd.

What! When has Te'o ever been considered a 3rd round pick?

Kyle472 03-28-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER (Post 3314447)
Margus Hunt.

I could see a team taking at the bottom of the first. Or I could realistically see him go in the 4th/5th round.

Looked awful in the Senior Bowl like he didn't belong on the field.

A slightly overage prospect with elite measurables.

Hunts a good one, good thing he is not 22 or he would be considered a top 15 pick.

princefielder28 03-28-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunagan15 (Post 3314448)
Te'o. Late first to 3rd.

Te'o will be a Top 40 selection and likely a first round pick. In NFL circles I don't think there's the hostility towards him that we see on NFL Draft forums.

K Train 03-28-2013 07:43 AM

William Gholston...i have no clue where hes going

Don Vito 03-28-2013 07:46 AM

There seems like a lot of them. Barrett Jones, Terron Armstead, Honey Badger, Da'Rick Rogers, Mike Glennon, Tyler Bray...

dawhizz 03-28-2013 08:52 AM

I was going to say Jamie Collins. Also having a hard time figuring out where Ryan Swope goes.

FootballGod 03-28-2013 09:36 AM

How has no one mentioned Marcus Lattimore? The guys is coming off a terrible ACL injury only to perform most drills requested of him at his pro day. He could go as high as the early third round or as low as the 6th round. Huge question marks for him but huge upside as well!

MikeTheDudeV2 03-28-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FootballGod (Post 3314522)
How has no one mentioned Marcus Lattimore? The guys is coming off a terrible ACL injury only to perform most drills requested of him at his pro day. He could go as high as the early third round or as low as the 6th round. Huge question marks for him but huge upside as well!

Curses! I was just about to mention him! Haha.

keylime_5 03-28-2013 10:08 AM

Matt Barkley? Some mocks have him in top 10, but most people call him a 3rd/4th round talent...it will be interesting to see where he goes - it's either top 10 or 2nd round+ (i'm thinking the latter, ala Jimmy Clausen).

Iamcanadian 03-28-2013 10:53 AM

I'd say the QB's lead the pack of unknowns, 3 are likely to see round 1 but where is a huge question mark. Their talent base is pretty low but the need for the position is very high, so they will likely be over drafted. It is anybodies guess at this stage, which teams are desperate enough to overdraft them.

Following the QB's I'd say Ansah is next in line, he's as raw as they come and people have pushed him up to very early round 1, but IMO, he will is far more likely to go middle of the first round, just too much bust potential for any GM to risk his career on.

Then, there are the character issue guys like Michael, RB, Texas A&M, who is the top RB in this draft class but who wasn't liked by his college HC for missing meetings and being late for practice, and will likely slip towards the end of round 2, followed by Tyrann Mathieu CB, LSU who failed many drug tests at college. Round 2 talent at his worst because of size issues but extremely talented guy who likely see round 3/4 because of it.

Then there is Jarvis Jones, who in my opinion is dropping like a rock because of spinal issues and an extremely slow 40. Maybe he gets picked in round 1 but it will be in the 20'as or 30's not anywhere near what he was originally slotted as.

Another extremely raw player is Cordarrelle Patterson who is dynamite after the catch with the most ability in the draft to be a #1 WR. He probably lasts to at least the middle of round 1, maybe even a little lower because he is so raw.

Eddie Lacy hasn't been able to workout and nobody knows just how talented he is. He played behind one of the great run blocking OL's in the history of college football which opened huge holes for him to run through and without a workout, pro teams will have a great deal of difficulty slotting him in his appropriate draft position.

I'd also include the 2 solid OG's in this year's draft, Warmack and Cooper. Just how high a NFL team will draft an OG is yet to be known, so just what teams will take a shot is completely unknown on these 2 very talented prospects.

My final selection is Tavon Austin, an extremely talented WR but who is also extremely small for the position. We saw last year that talent alone won't get teams to draft you very high if you are size handicapped, just look at what happened to Russell Wilson who lasted till round 3 even though he had a solid talent level for the QB position. I've seen people taking him top 10 but IMO, he will slide considerably on draft day because GM's don't like prospects who don't fit the mold of players in the NFL.