Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   College Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   2013 ACC Thread (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56165)

BallerT1215 04-05-2013 02:17 PM

2013 ACC Thread

- Hope V-Tech gets back on that horse for ACC's sake.

- Hate Dabo, but Boyd coming back is huge for Clemson

- Miami - How many positions can Duke play for you?

As for FSU, I'm just hoping Winston wins the starting job over Trickett.

And most of all - Lets just not embarrass ourselves this year fellas.

Xonraider 04-07-2013 03:24 PM

I'm also hoping Winston beats Trickett. Have you seen him throw that baseball? He has a serious arm. Plus I just think there is so much more we can do with Jameis than what we could do with Trickett.

On a side note, I saw James Wilder Jr. the other day waiting for the bus on campus. The dude looks pumped. I see a hard time for defenders trying to tackle him.

mqtirishfan 05-24-2013 07:18 PM

FSU fans, how impressive is Winston this spring? Does he seem like a guy to watch for draftniks?

MassNole 05-24-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mqtirishfan (Post 3372479)
FSU fans, how impressive is Winston this spring? Does he seem like a guy to watch for draftniks?

Trent Dilfer called him a future number one overall pick, so yes.

Kid is insanely he good with a cannon for an arm and is a dual threat QB.

BallerT1215 05-24-2013 09:34 PM

Quote:

Can throw the ball on a rope. He has looked amazing, and pretty much forced Jimbo's hand on making him the starter (even though he officially hasn't been named the #1 yet)

MassNole 05-25-2013 02:08 PM

Xonraider 05-26-2013 01:46 AM

Quote:

For sure. He has all the tools.

BamaFalcon59 05-27-2013 10:53 AM

VT should be filthy on defense but we'll see how the offense progresses under new coaching. Alabama is the only tough game in the first month of the season for us, and we expect to lose that, so we should be have time to find a rhythm.

MassNole 05-28-2013 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 (Post 3373757)
VT should be filthy on defense but we'll see how the offense progresses under new coaching. Alabama is the only tough game in the first month of the season for us, and we expect to lose that, so we should be have time to find a rhythm.

That Alabama-VaTech game is going to be BRUTAL for the Hokies. Logan Thomas often looks confused by ACC defenses (though oddly played one of his best games vs. the only ACC defense that begins to compare to Alabama) so with a new offense vs. that defense it will just be brutal. I think VT, UNC, Miami, and GT will have a helluva race for the Coastal Division. The Atlantic will simply come down to FSU @ Clemson.

StickSkills 05-28-2013 07:12 PM

Does anyone know if Maryland has an formal student organization or anything for their football and/or basketball student sections?

BamaFalcon59 05-28-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassNole (Post 3374519)
That Alabama-VaTech game is going to be BRUTAL for the Hokies. Logan Thomas often looks confused by ACC defenses (though oddly played one of his best games vs. the only ACC defense that begins to compare to Alabama) so with a new offense vs. that defense it will just be brutal. I think VT, UNC, Miami, and GT will have a helluva race for the Coastal Division. The Atlantic will simply come down to FSU @ Clemson.

FSU is better than VT at this point IMO but Alabama would wreck any team in this conference.

Jcn92 05-29-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StickSkills (Post 3374600)
Does anyone know if Maryland has an formal student organization or anything for their football and/or basketball student sections?

When I was last there in 2012 there really wasn't a big group like other schools have. There was a spirit club but they really just organized small activities. The biggest formal student section is for soccer and they are called the Crew. They make soccer games really fun and are easily the best student section in the country for soccer. But the T-shirt giveaways, blackouts, and what not were organized by the school when I was there, not a club.

StickSkills 05-30-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jcn92 (Post 3374922)
When I was last there in 2012 there really wasn't a big group like other schools have. There was a spirit club but they really just organized small activities. The biggest formal student section is for soccer and they are called the Crew. They make soccer games really fun and are easily the best student section in the country for soccer. But the T-shirt giveaways, blackouts, and what not were organized by the school when I was there, not a club.

Ah ok. We have a FB group for all of the presidents of the basketball student sections in the B1G, and we were looking to add a UMD contact to it.

MassNole 05-30-2013 11:20 AM

Phil Steele's All-ACC Team

From FSU:
1st Team:
RB Devonta Freeman
WR Rashad Greene
C Bryan Stork
G Tre Jackson
DT Timmy Jernigan
LB Christian Jones
S Lamarcus Joyner

2nd Team
TE Nick O'Leary
G Josue Matias
T Cam Erving
LB Telvin Smith
PR Rashad Greene

3rd Team
RB James Wilder Jr.
CB Ronald Darby
S Terrance Brooks
K Roberto Aguayo

4th Team
QB Jameis Winston
WR Kelvin Benjamin
DE Mario Edwards Jr.

BallerT1215 05-30-2013 01:26 PM

We need Mario Edwards to be big this year - I hope he took this offseason seriously after finishing strong at the end of last season.

From what I read, he was a little overweight again.

shylo3716 05-30-2013 02:07 PM

Can anyone tell me why Phillip Sims is the 3rd string QB behind David Watford and Greyson Lambert?

MassNole 05-30-2013 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallerT1215 (Post 3375819)
We need Mario Edwards to be big this year - I hope he took this offseason seriously after finishing strong at the end of last season.

From what I read, he was a little overweight again.

If he could get his weight to about 280-85 he would be a monster a SDE. For a true freshman making his first and second starts vs. GT and NIU he played extremely well and more importantly stayed disciplined vs. their Option offenses. I have faith he'll put up 8-10 sacks with a amount of TFLs. I am scared about the WDE though where it'll be one of Dan Hicks (my pick to start), Giorgio Newberry, or Chris Casher. Casher has the most upside but hasn't played a meaningful snap in over 2 years.

I think we'll see a lot of 3-3-5 and 3-4 this year with a DL of Edwards, Jernigan, and McCallister or Goldman with Karlos Williams flexing between a Safety in a 3-3-5 and a LB in a 3-4. Actually I don't think Karlos Williams will really have a specified position, he'll just be an athlete on defense.

MassNole 05-30-2013 02:29 PM

Looking at that list again the QBs are a head scratcher....

Boyd on the 1st Team, well duh. Then Logan Thomas on the second team over Bryn Renner or Stephen Morris is a big WTF.

I'd have gone:
1st - Boyd
2nd - Renner
3rd - Morris
4th - Thomas

There certainly is an excellent chance come December that Jameis Winston plays his way to the 1st or 2nd Team, but as of right now he isn't even officially the starter.

The only other FSU Freshman who made it was the K Roberto Aguayo on the 3rd Team, and well after seeing his leg, good god he is a helluva replacement for Hopkins and I can see why he's on the list.

JoeJoeBrown 06-09-2013 12:55 PM

Worst helmet ever?

MassNole 06-09-2013 02:20 PM

Maryland and Oregon have a combined 100 helmets far worse than that.

JoeJoeBrown 06-09-2013 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MassNole (Post 3382573)
Maryland and Oregon have a combined 100 helmets far worse than that.

It looks like a re-tarded monkey drew that "Indian".

draftguru151 06-10-2013 07:42 AM

Looks like a Dilbert comic.

MassNole 06-10-2013 11:44 AM

http://youtu.be/FsGsAhBKG84

Apparently Indiana has 2 or 3 worse than that they'll wear this season.

draftguru151 06-10-2013 12:05 PM

That star/explosion one is pretty bad but it's not touching that one above.

That Greg Dent arrest was fairly hard to read.

MassNole 06-10-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by draftguru151 (Post 3383027)
That star/explosion one is pretty bad but it's not touching that one above.

That Greg Dent arrest was fairly hard to read.

He'll be suspended until it is worked out in Court, given the charges I would bet he's played his last game at FSU unless it turns out to be an A.J. Nicholson at the Orange Bowl type of deal where it is completely fabricated.

As for the football side of things, it just opens up 30 catches and 450 yards for the other skill players this coming season.