Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Right Now: Top 3 1st Round Picks For Your Team (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56354)

Black Bolt 04-18-2013 10:10 PM

Right Now: Top 3 1st Round Picks For Your Team

"Gun to your head" scenario, list your top three choices in order for your teams first pick in this years draft. Operate from the assumption that no one knows you team as well as you! You may consider team needs, rumors about who the team likes, players the team has showed interest in, value at the pick, etc. You must list three choices at your current spot, no trade downs or trade ups. I'll do the Raiders.

1. DE Ziggy Ansah

Why Ansah? The Raiders biggest need is D-line. I have heard the Raiders believe that DT is deep in this draft while DE is not. McKenzie is determined to work with high character guys. The Raiders have shown great interest in him talking him to dinner after an on campus workout. Finally, I believe he is a rare and natural talent despite his lack of experience.

2. DT Star Lotulelei

Star fills a priority need at DT. He has rare power and explosion. Mostly importantly, he provides versatility and can play DT and NT in a 4-3 and NT and DE in a 3-4, both of which we will utilize.

3. CB Dee Milliner

I give him the edge over Fisher because of the value in terms of being a defensive player considering we don't have a 2nd or 5th round pick. Hard to g wrong with Milliner here.

GoRavens 04-18-2013 10:21 PM

Ravens

1. Matt Elam

- Losing both starting safeties hurts - but Elam embodies what it means to play like a Raven.

2. Kevin Minter

- More & more Minter is growing on me as a prospect. As a rookie he'd be in the rotation for starting ILB with Rolando/Jameel McClain

3. Johnathan Cyprien

- Being that safety is arguably the #1 team need, Cyprien makes sense - although I don't see him starting immediately like Elam.

thebow305 04-18-2013 10:26 PM

Miami Dolphins

1. Dee Milliner

1. Lost Vontae Davis before the season and lost the other starter Sean Smith to FA. The signing of Grimes and return of Richard Marshall from injury softens the blow at this position, but Dee would present a MASSIVE upgrade at the position for us.

2. Lane Johnson

This could easily be a 1b to Dee Milliner's 1a for the Dolphins. Lost Jake to FA and Martin is probably a RT only. Lane would be a PERFECT fit in our new uptempo, ZBS scheme and would protect Ryan Tannehill's blindside for the next 10+ years.

3a. Tavon Austin

Love the versatility and explosive element this guy would add to our offense, and with Davone Bess's days apparently numbered in Miami, a dynamic slot option of the future will be needed sooner rather than later.

3b. Barkevious Mingo

I just <3 him.

RaiderNation 04-18-2013 10:32 PM

Dion Jordan- love the versatility he would bring to our defense and is rated in my top 5 overall rankings. He'll be the best pass rusher from this draft

Star Lotulelei- another versatile dlinemen that would solve our issues stopping the run up the middle and also demand double teams. Haloti Ngata part 2.

Eric Fisher/Luke Joeckel- one of those 2 will fall to 3, and taking the BPA is always a good decision in my book. One of them and Veldheer would give us possibly the best young pair of OT's in the NFL

mightytitan9 04-18-2013 10:41 PM

1) Ezekiel Ansah
2) Cornelius Carradine
3) Bjoern Werner

Yes, I believe In Carradine that much that I would not hesitate one second to draft him @ 10 overall, although I would try to trade down a few picks and still grab him

K Train 04-18-2013 10:44 PM

Cordarrelle Patterson
Jarvis Jones
Tyler Eifert

Loftin 04-18-2013 11:05 PM

Houston Texans

1. Manti Te'o - He will be a solid ILB and that is a huge need for Houston. The fake girlfriend story received way more attention than it was worth, and may cause him to slip all the way to Houston at #27.

2. DeAndre Hopkins - Andre needs a compliment and eventual successor, and Hopkins looks the part to be a special player.

3. D.J. Fluker - RT was a major issue last year and Schaub's game suffered as a result. Fluker would solve that.

SenorGato 04-18-2013 11:22 PM

Werner - The most Terrell Suggs-esque player in this draft physically.
Mingo - Freak athlete
Cooper - I like him better than Warmack

mightytitan9 04-18-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loftin (Post 3334969)
Houston Texans

3. D.J. Fluker - RT was a major issue last year and Schaub's game suffered as a result. Fluker would solve that.

So, you want Fluker in a ZBS?

Leonsandcastle 04-19-2013 12:04 AM

Detroit Fisher, Johnson, Ansah

BallerT1215 04-19-2013 01:36 AM

Buffalo

Jarvis Jones - I think he is the best pass rusher in this draft, and that he would take our defense to the next level. Guy just produces. End of Story.

Bjoern Werner - He is a stud. His hype has really died down last few months and people are trying to name his flaws every chance they get. All I know is he was there every game making every big play, and I would love to get him on the line opposite of Mario.

Chance Warmack - He is the best OG in this draft and a flat our mauler in the run game. We need to ride our two horses in Spiller and Fjax to be successful and he would help make that easier for them. Plus we currently don't have a LG.

vidae 04-19-2013 01:37 AM

1. Geno
2. Geno
3. Geno

BallerT1215 04-19-2013 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vidae (Post 3335054)
1. Geno
2. Geno
3. Geno

......Set him free

AntoinCD 04-19-2013 05:19 AM

Patriots:

1. Tank Carradine - Really love his game and provides a stud opposite of Chandler Jones.

2. DJ Hayden - Tremendous turn and run CB. If the Pats are continuing with an aggressive man coverage scheme they need more CBs who can do the job.

3. Deandre Hopkins - Perfect fit for the Pats. Runs crisp routes and has tremendous hands

Black Bolt 04-19-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loftin (Post 3334969)
Houston Texans

1. Manti Te'o - He will be a solid ILB and that is a huge need for Houston. The fake girlfriend story received way more attention than it was worth, and may cause him to slip all the way to Houston at #27.

2. DeAndre Hopkins - Andre needs a compliment and eventual successor, and Hopkins looks the part to be a special player.

Houston is a good fit for Teo in that at least he won't be replacing a HOFer like Urlacher or Lewis. However, Fluker can't play in your scheme!

Black Bolt 04-19-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntoinCD (Post 3335126)
Patriots:

1. Tank Carradine - Really love his game and provides a stud opposite of Chandler Jones.

2. DJ Hayden - Tremendous turn and run CB. If the Pats are continuing with an aggressive man coverage scheme they need more CBs who can do the job.

3. Deandre Hopkins - Perfect fit for the Pats. Runs crisp routes and has tremendous hands

Carradine I can see as a Packer.

Black Bolt 04-19-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SenorGato (Post 3334978)
Werner - The most Terrell Suggs-esque player in this draft physically.
Mingo - Freak athlete
Cooper - I like him better than Warmack

For what team?

jrdrylie 04-19-2013 08:30 AM

Bears:

1. Arthur Brown
2. Jonathan Cooper
3. Tavon Austin

farfromforgotten 04-19-2013 08:39 AM

I'd like to have Datone Jones or Jonathan Cyprien at 31 for the niners. Would love to be able to land both of these guys with picks 31 and 34, but I don't know if either will even make it to 31 at this point. I think my other guy is Sylvester Williams. Who could easily be gone by pick 31 as well.

Trogdor 04-19-2013 08:43 AM

Dallas:

1. Jonathan Cooper
2. Sheldon Richardson
3. Kenny Vaccaro

farfromforgotten 04-19-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor (Post 3335248)
Dallas:

1. Jonathan Cooper
2. Sheldon Richardson
3. Kenny Vaccaro

That's a nice 3-some there.

killxswitch 04-19-2013 08:45 AM

Colts (and trying to be realistic):

Jonathan Cooper - I know most think he'll be gone by the 24th pick, but there haven't been two guards picked in the top 25 since 1989.

Tank Carradine - one of my favorite players in this draft and I think a steal at the 24th pick. Rush OLB and occasionally a RDE in 4-3 looks. This may change if he looks terrible running this Saturday.

Xavier Rhodes - it might be pushing it to think he'll be there at 24 but it's possible. I love the idea of having him, Vontae Davis, and Greg Toler as our top 3 corners. Teamed with Bethea and Landry, we'd have one of the best defensive backfields in football.

Black Bolt 04-19-2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farfromforgotten (Post 3335250)
That's a nice 3-some there.

Agreed, they all fit well.

P-L 04-19-2013 09:13 AM

Lions:

1. Eric Fisher
2. Ziggy Ansah
3. Lane Johnson

I'm assuming that Luke Joeckel goes #1 or I would slot him between Fisher and Ansah.

Pat Sims 90 04-19-2013 09:19 AM

Bengals
1. Kenny Vaccaro
2. Tavon Austin
3. Matt Elam

I am assume that Vaccaro and Austin will be long gone by the time the Bengals pick.