Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Scar's Final Mock before the final mock. (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56392)

scar988 04-20-2013 12:23 PM

Scar's Final Mock before the final mock.

1 Kansas City Chiefs OT Luke Joeckel Texas A&M
2 Jacksonville Jaguars QB Geno Smith West Virginia
3 Oakland Raiders DT Star Lotulelei Utah
4 Philadelphia Eagles QB EJ Manuel Florida State
5 Detroit Lions OT Eric Fisher Central Michigan
6 Cleveland Browns CB Dee Milliner Alabama
7 Arizona Cardinals OT Lane Johnson Oklahoma
8 Buffalo Bills QB Ryan Nassib Syracuse
9 New York Jets OLB Dion Jordan Oregon
10 Tennessee Titans DE Ezekiel Ansah BYU
11 San Diego Chargers CB Xavier Rhodes Florida State
12 Miami Dolphins DE Bjoern Werner Florida State
13 Tampa Bay Buccaneers DT Sharrif Floyd Florida
14 Carolina Panthers DT Jesse Williams Alabama
15 New Orleans Saints S Kenny Vaccaro Texas
16 St. Louis Rams WR Tavon Austin West Virginia
17 Pittsburgh Steelers OLB Jarvis Jones Georgia
18 Dallas Cowboys DT Sheldon Richardson Missouri
19 New York Giants DE Tank Carradine Florida State
20 Chicago Bears OG Chance Warmack Alabama
21 Cincinnati Bengals S Jonathan Cyprien Florida International
22 St. Louis Rams OL Jonathan Cooper North Carolina
23 Minnesota Vikings WR Justin Hunter Tennessee
24 Indianapolis Colts OLB Barkevious Mingo Lousiana State
25 Minnesota Vikings CB Desmond Trufant Washington
26 Green Bay Packers DL Datone Jones UCLA
27 Houston Texans OT Menelik Watson Florida State
28 Denver Broncos CB D.J. Hayden Houston
29 New England Patriots WR Cordarrelle Patterson Tennessee
30 Atlanta Falcons LB Arthur Brown Kansas State
31 San Francisco 49ers WR Deandre "Nuk" Hopkins Clemson
32 Baltimore Ravens WR Keenan Allen California

Robcards 04-20-2013 12:25 PM

Reason for the Mingo skid to 24? I'd prefer him over Jordan to the Jets personally, he's a much better pass rusher. Jets don't drop their weak-side OLB in coverage enough for Jordan to be better than Mingo in our scheme.

RaiderNation 04-20-2013 01:11 PM

Lotulelei or Jordan will make me happy if we stay at 3

thebow305 04-20-2013 01:39 PM

Lolz, terrible Miami pick. Not a good fit at RE in our defense. And seriously, how much do you hate the Panthers?

wicket 04-20-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebow305 (Post 3336510)
Lolz, terrible Miami pick. Not a good fit at RE in our defense. And seriously, how much do you hate the Panthers?

clearly a falcons fan trying so slight the panthers and the saints with these picks ;)

thebow305 04-20-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicket (Post 3336551)
clearly a falcons fan trying so slight the panthers and the saints with these picks ;)

Not a Vaccaro fan i presume?

farfromforgotten 04-20-2013 03:25 PM

I like Hopkins as a prospect, but don't see us going WR in the 1st back to back years.

SickwithIt1010 04-20-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scar988 (Post 3336473)
4 Philadelphia Eagles QB EJ Manuel Florida State

What in the **** is this?

Menardo75 04-20-2013 03:41 PM

Hopkins doesn't make sense for the Niners he's the same type of player as Crabtree and Boldin.

wicket 04-20-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebow305 (Post 3336554)
Not a Vaccaro fan i presume?

not even a little. I think the first round is about 3 rounds too high for him to be quite honest and id have him as about the fifth ranked safety of this class

BallerT1215 04-20-2013 04:24 PM

I kind of wish this was the final mock you ever made.

Nassib @ 8 - people are getting punched in the nuts. It is happening. Dead Serious.

eliasrapp98 04-20-2013 05:00 PM

EJ Manuel to the Eagles at #4? Give me some of whatever you're smoking... Not clicking on your mocks anymore...

scar988 04-20-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebow305 (Post 3336510)

How is a guy who played RE in the 4-3 in college not able to play RE in a 4-3 in the pros. I'm confused as to how that even makes sense.

scar988 04-20-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicket (Post 3336551)

not at all. I just think they make sense based on their interest shown in the players.

eagles nut 04-20-2013 07:11 PM

EJ Manuel isn't going at #4 to the Eagles. They might trade up to the bottom of the 1st for him but at #4? Not happening.

Pat Sims 90 04-20-2013 07:17 PM

I prefer Reid or Elam over Cyprien, but any of them work.

Grizzlegom 04-20-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scar988 (Post 3336813)
How is a guy who played RE in the 4-3 in college not able to play RE in a 4-3 in the pros. I'm confused as to how that even makes sense.

I'm actually a fan of that pick. If Miami goes DE in the first, I'm pulling for Bjoern as I think he's an excellent fit.

thebow305 04-20-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scar988 (Post 3336813)

Eric Crouch was a great college quarterback, does that mean he was going to be the next Joe Montana? Nope.

What works in college isn't always what works in the NFL. Just like all the conversion guys that were 4-3 DE's like Mingo and Ansah who will most likely be making the conversion to OLB in the pro's. Werner is a more natural base 4-3 Left End in the NFL. He lacks the explosive get off from the snap and the quick twitch to consistently beat NFL LT's to the QB. He's more of an edge setter with just solid pass rush ability for a defensive end. But LE is currently the spot Cam Wake occupies.

I personally think Werner is being terrible overrated by the media and we will see that on draft day. He's more of a late first rounder IMO. If we take a pass rusher at 12, Jarvis Jones, Mingo or even his teammate Tank Carradine would be much better fits for us at the moment. Tank would actually be the perfect fit at 12, even though most people feel that's a little bit of a reach. I wouldn't be upset with any of those three.

And E.J. Manuel and Nassib in the top 10? I agree with BallerT. This should probably be your last mock. Going for the shock factor is one thing, but that is just ridiculous.

pierce2walker 04-20-2013 09:18 PM

Titans pick...

scar988 04-20-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebow305 (Post 3336899)
Eric Crouch was a great college quarterback, does that mean he was going to be the next Joe Montana? Nope.

What works in college isn't always what works in the NFL. Just like all the conversion guys that were 4-3 DE's like Mingo and Ansah who will most likely be making the conversion to OLB in the pro's. Werner is a more natural base 4-3 Left End in the NFL. He lacks the explosive get off from the snap and the quick twitch to consistently beat NFL LT's to the QB. He's more of an edge setter with just solid pass rush ability for a defensive end. But LE is currently the spot Cam Wake occupies.

I personally think Werner is being terrible overrated by the media and we will see that on draft day. He's more of a late first rounder IMO. If we take a pass rusher at 12, Jarvis Jones, Mingo or even his teammate Tank Carradine would be much better fits for us at the moment. Tank would actually be the perfect fit at 12, even though most people feel that's a little bit of a reach. I wouldn't be upset with any of those three.

And E.J. Manuel and Nassib in the top 10? I agree with BallerT. This should probably be your last mock. Going for the shock factor is one thing, but that is just ridiculous.

Werner's best attribute is his get off on the snap. again, he's a great fit for the 4-3 RE role. I'm going ot trust my judgement and not yours on this one.

thebow305 04-20-2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scar988 (Post 3336917)
Werner's best attribute is his get off on the snap. again, he's a great fit for the 4-3 RE role. I'm going ot trust my judgement and not yours on this one.

Which is fine, he'll be a great pick for Atlanta at 30, but not Miami at 12.

JPF 04-21-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scar988 (Post 3336815)
not at all. I just think they make sense based on their interest shown in the players.

Wait, you think Jesse Williams makes sense for the Panthers because of the interest the Panthers have shown in him...yet they haven't had him in for a visit?

Not to mention 14 seems early for him.

Vaccaro or even Austin make more sense.

Poz51 04-21-2013 11:47 AM

Nassib at 8 IMO is a realistic possibility, especially if he is one of the 2-3 franchise guys in this draft as they have said. I do think he is one of those guys, along with Barkley (they virtually gloat when speaking of him) who I think is #1 on their board and is the more likely pick at 8. I happen to have Nassib as my #1, and think ideally they would like to trade down and land a QB. Buffalo fans IMO need to get comfortable with a QB at 8, based on what they (management) have said it is a real possibility, one way or another.