Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Final 7 Round JungleRock Mock (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56406)

JungleRock85 04-21-2013 11:38 AM

Final 7 Round JungleRock Mock

With the news that Revis is likely to end up with the Bucs I at least made the 1st round selection (even though there may be more picks) at pick #13 for the Jets. This is my final mock and although these are never perfect for every team I at least tried to fill as many needs for each club as possible. Fire away and Happy Draft Week.

http://www.ourlads.com/nfl-mock-draf...ck-draft/82006

thebow305 04-21-2013 11:55 AM

Wow, not a big Ziggy fan, but either way it's a pretty solid mock for the Dolphins all-around.

JungleRock85 04-21-2013 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thebow305 (Post 3337143)
Wow, not a big Ziggy fan, but either way it's a pretty solid mock for the Dolphins all-around.

Puzzled and worried about his lack of production in college but hard to deny his performance in the Senior Bowl game and at the combine. I think getting him a little outside of the top 10 is where the possible reward is worth the risk. Thanks for the feedback.

derza222 04-21-2013 12:29 PM

Not sure the Jets will value Eifert in the first, but it's not a bad pick by any means. I don't like Nassib as much as most, but that's not unrealistic. Gio Bernard I like, but is kind of redundant in the backfield with what they already have. Looks like they're going to try to add a more physical back (Chris Ivory rumors) to bring something else into the mix. If they trade for Ivory I don't think they go RB at all, and even if not there's no need to double dip and take a guy in the 7th. They also need a FS, not really a SS. Overall not bad though.

SoCalBam 04-21-2013 12:50 PM

Good KC draft

wicket 04-21-2013 01:22 PM

not a huge fan of some of the saints picks but none of em were inherently bad picks

Phins827 04-21-2013 01:28 PM

Yeah, totally digging that Phins draft. Personally, I would take Austin over Ansah, but everything else is spot on

Menardo75 04-21-2013 01:29 PM

The second round for the Niners is littered with failure. You go get props for giving them Rambo however.

Bobo 04-21-2013 02:21 PM

I'd love Star but only if Ziggy was gone. I say needs have to factor in to this pick if both guys are there. The Titans have one DE who I thought played bad last year, and the other was solid, but not spectacular. After that we have really no sure depth. DE is the #1 for this team IMO.

Otoh, we are stacked at DT with solid players, but no real difference maker (unless Sammie Lee Hill can be that, but I doubt it). Star would be a luxury pick I guess you could say, but one that could pay off big time in the long run. But if Ziggy is there, it's a no brainer to me.

JungleRock85 04-21-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Menardo75 (Post 3337230)
The second round for the Niners is littered with failure. You go get props for giving them Rambo however.

I respectfully disagree. I think Ertz makes a ton of sense coming from Stanford and replacing Delanie Walker if Eifert is gone. John Jenkins has lost some weight recently and will be extremely motivated to show he should have been a much higher selection than what he will go. Overall, the 49ers draft would be loaded with talent at positions of need but regardless thanks for the feeback.

49ers First 5 Rounds
Round 1 - Datone Jones (DE)
Round 2 - Zach Ertz (TE)
Round 2 - John Jenkins (NT)
Round 3 - Baccari Rambo (S)
Round 3 - Terrance Williams(WR)
Round 4 - Stepfan Taylor (RB)
Round 4 - Tharold Simon (CB)
Round 5 - Chris Faulk (OT)
Round 5 - Lerentee McCray (OLB)

Shupp 04-21-2013 03:22 PM

I like Datone Jones @31

BallerT1215 04-21-2013 05:04 PM

I'm not overly excited about taking Geno @ 8, and my gut still says we wouldn't do it if he was there. That being said, if the draft did work out this way, I would really love it as a whole.

Getting Geno and Woods for our offense, and then following that up with Greene, Buchanon (love him), and Mcgee for our defense would be very solid.

JungleRock85 04-21-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallerT1215 (Post 3337422)
I'm not overly excited about taking Geno @ 8, and my gut still says we wouldn't do it if he was there. That being said, if the draft did work out this way, I would really love it as a whole.

Getting Geno and Woods for our offense, and then following that up with Greene, Buchanon (love him), and Mcgee for our defense would be very solid.

Very well could be the reverse with a WR like Tavon Austin in the 1st and Ryan Nassib or Matt Barkley in the 2nd. I just think regardless of all the talk about QB's not being taken earlier that someone is going to go with Geno Smith. If he is the top rated guy for teams and the past couple of years guys like Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, Andrew Luck, and RGIII have had Pro Bowl seasons as rookies I think someone will take the change they can get the same out of Geno.

BuckeyeBrown133 04-21-2013 09:08 PM

Like that Cleveland mock.

bengalbuck 04-21-2013 11:00 PM

Bengals mock is awesome but feels a little too good to be true. Like Franklin in the third isn't ridiculous and I have seen others have him there, but I would be shocked if when the Bengals are on the clock for pick 84 if Jonathan Franklin is actually still available.

JungleRock85 04-22-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bengalbuck (Post 3337841)
Bengals mock is awesome but feels a little too good to be true. Like Franklin in the third isn't ridiculous and I have seen others have him there, but I would be shocked if when the Bengals are on the clock for pick 84 if Jonathan Franklin is actually still available.

Toughest thing may be passing on him or Bernard at 2b. Not out of the realm of possibility that one of them will be available in the 3rd but like I said would probably be more likely they take one in the 2nd round.

ramsfan1234 04-22-2013 04:50 PM

Are you drunk?? Why would the rams take a QB in round 6 & 7?

killxswitch 04-22-2013 04:56 PM

So many better options for the Colts than Hayden.

JungleRock85 04-22-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramsfan1234 (Post 3338578)
Are you drunk?? Why would the rams take a QB in round 6 & 7?

Fixed. Not drunk but a 7 round mock is a challenge and that happens every now and then but thanks for catching it.

JungleRock85 04-22-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killxswitch (Post 3338581)
So many better options for the Colts than Hayden.

Thought about Datone Jones for them. I really think they could go a number of ways and they are a hard team to figure out. A lot of buzz about Hayden lately as a 1st round prospect.