Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2015 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Winners / Losers (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56550)

proshoota25 04-26-2013 12:48 AM

Winners / Losers

I know its early, but who are your winners and losers of the draft so far?

In the first round, winners have to be the Vikings. Get two immediate starters on defense with great value, and a potential stud in the long run with Patterson.

One loser, to me, has to be the Jets.... first you missed on Tavon, but then you draft Sheldon Richardson... please tell me where the fit is???

Discuss...

mightytitan9 04-26-2013 12:56 AM

I am not a fan of the pick. But the Titans got who many consider the best player in the draft, so I guess yay for us?

The truth will come out in the 2nd round, I hate judging drafts too early.

Right now, I'd say the biggest loser is the Dolphins. Traded up for a guy I'm just not a big fan of, maybe they'll run more of a hybrid and he'll fit fine. But right now it just seems a little too much.

vidae 04-26-2013 12:57 AM

Biggest winner for me is the Panthers. Star is a perfect fit and getting him at 14 was great.

Biggest loser(s) for me were the Bears and Cowboys.

49erNation85 04-26-2013 12:59 AM

Great value for sf to trade up to 18 and only giving up 31 and a 3rd rounder to get Eric Reid.

Vikings when really? They gave up a ton of picks to swap with NE. Much less then Sf had too.

vidae 04-26-2013 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49erNation85 (Post 3344835)
Great value for sf to trade up to 18 and only giving up 31 and a 3rd rounder to get Eric Reid.

Vikings when really? They gave up a ton of picks to swap with NE. Much less then Sf had too.

Eric Reid was kind of a reach.

proshoota25 04-26-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49erNation85 (Post 3344835)

It was worth it when you give up a bunch for a guy who has the potential to be an All Pro...

Simply Keak 04-26-2013 01:01 AM

Winners:

Patriots - Picked up a ton of picks. Much better deal than the Cowboys got and with a much lower selection.

Vikings - Made 3 great picks. If they don't add anyone else in the draft, I'd still give them an A.

Saints - NO MORE ROMAN HARPER THANK YOU BABY JESUS.

Loser:

Cowboys - Who?

WCH 04-26-2013 01:07 AM

I also really like Star to Carolina.

Like I said in another thread, if the Vikings can hit on two of their three first round picks then their draft is off to a fantastic start. They have five picks left, so they should be able to find one more starter somewhere in day 3.

SuperPacker 04-26-2013 01:10 AM

Winners
1. Lions (Ansah): Next to Suh and Fairley that is a scary DLine.
2. Panthers (Star): Great value and fills a big need.
3. Falcons (Trufant): Being aggressive again and I love Trufant.
4. Vikings (Floyd): Steal at 23.
5. Packers (Datone): Said before the draft he would be DPOY. So happy.

Losers
1. Cardinals (Cooper): Did you just pick an OG #7?
2. Titans (Warmack): Too high for a guard and they could've traded back and picked Geno, lol.
3. Saints (Vaccaro): I don't like him at all.
4. Bills (Manuel): Hahahahahaha!
5. Cowboys (Frederick): So many good players available and you take a center?

Trivium 04-26-2013 01:15 AM

Winners:

Minnesota Vikings
Green Bay Packers
New England Patriots

Losers:

Buffalo Bills
Dallas Cowboys
Chicago Bears

WCH 04-26-2013 01:16 AM

I think Cooper is the best OG/OC prospect I've ever seen. He's a guy that allows you to introduce new plays into your playbook, which is something you can't often say about interior linemen. I understand the argument about positional value and I generally agree, but I think Cooper is the exception. I can't hate on Arizona for that pick.

I do think Warmack was drafted too high.

RufusMcDaniel 04-26-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPacker (Post 3344857)

Losers
2. Titans (Warmack): Too high for a guard and they could've traded back and picked Geno, lol.

Geno..Why would we do that? I mean he could still be there for us in the second. We just picked Locker two years ago and only have like 10 games to go on. Has he been a world beater? No not even close, but lets get a better sample size before moving on. Plus....you see that stomach of Warmack. That man just gets it.

BamaFalcon59 04-26-2013 01:21 AM

Falcons are the winners IMO.

I don't understand the hate for Frederick. He played out of position this past year and is an excellent guard prospect.

SuperPacker 04-26-2013 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel (Post 3344886)
Geno..Why would we do that? I mean he could still be there for us in the second. We just picked Locker two years ago and only have like 10 games to go on. Has he been a world beater? No not even close, but lets get a better sample size before moving on. Plus....you see that stomach of Warmack. That man just gets it.

Jake Locker sucks.

Iamcanadian 04-26-2013 01:25 AM

Losers, the Buffalo Bills, The Dallas Cowboys and the Detroit Lions.

Winners, Minnesota, Oakland and San Fran.

Iamcanadian 04-26-2013 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 (Post 3344892)
Falcons are the winners IMO.

I don't understand the hate for Frederick. He played out of position this past year and is an excellent guard prospect.

Yeah, but the Cowboys needed a RT and an OC??????

BamaFalcon59 04-26-2013 01:27 AM

Oh, I don't know then. I didn't know they were set a guard.

bigbuc 04-26-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Winners
1. Lions (Ansah): Next to Suh and Fairley that is a scary DLine.
2. Panthers (Star): Great value and fills a big need.
3. Falcons (Trufant): Being aggressive again and I love Trufant.
4. Vikings (Floyd): Steal at 23.
5. Packers (Jones): Said before the draft he would be DPOY. So happy.

Losers
3. Saints (Vaccaro): I don't like him at all.
4. Bills (Manuel): Hahahahahaha!

It's funny that you knock teams for taking OG's. Top OG's are making 7.5 - 9 million as free agents. Both the Cards and Titans now have stud OG's locked in for at least 3 years at under 3 million. Plus what if Cooper becomes a 6 time pro bowler and Warmack a 4 time pro bowler? Were they bad picks then?

The reason OG's stopped going in the first round was because of the crazy MONEY being paid to top 10 picks. With the CBA taking care of that it's a new day in the draft process. You're just late in the new way of thinking.

mightytitan9 04-26-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

[b]

Losers

In a normal draft I think you could have argued that these two were taken too high, but people have projected them high for months. It's not like they were surprises. I think people all of a sudden started knocking Warmack because he was considered the best Guard and had no where to go but down.

As for Frederick, I think I'm one of the few that wasn't surprised. Many scouts loved him, saying he was better than DeCastro and Zietler, and twice the player Peter Konz was/is

Robcards 04-26-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 (Post 3344910)
Oh, I don't know then. I didn't know they were set a guard.

They aren't. Bernadeau or whoever their RG is no good, so Frederick could play there or C

RufusMcDaniel 04-26-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperPacker (Post 3344899)
Jake Locker sucks.

No player has ever improved after their first year of starting. But please ignore the rest of what I said again. But yes, the coaching staff that drafted him are going to give on him just like that.

When they are gone, yes QB is an option, but right now unrealistic.

mightytitan9 04-26-2013 01:32 AM

I still like Locker, the guy played injured most of last season that most QBs not named Favre wouldn't have played.

I think getting an offensive line, and getting away from Palmer will do wonders for him

Babylon 04-26-2013 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel (Post 3344886)

Titans are going with Levitre and Warmack over two guys who should be working at Costco. Major improvement.

D-Unit 04-26-2013 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iamcanadian (Post 3344909)
Yeah, but the Cowboys needed a RT and an OC??????

Cowboys didn't need a Guard? Huh? I was praying for Cooper/Warmack. There wasn't a position on the line other than LT that we didn't need. You know that.

Pat Sims 90 04-26-2013 01:34 AM

Winners- Vikings, Rams, Panthers, and Patriots

Losers- NYJ, Bills, Bears, and Cowboys