Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   2014 NFL Draft Forum (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   2013 Rookie CBs (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56616)

shylo3716 04-29-2013 08:00 PM

2013 Rookie CBs

Out of all the CBs drafted I think Desmond Trufant will have the biggest impact as a rookie and be the most successful down the line.

BallerT1215 04-29-2013 08:01 PM

Milliner.

Doesn't have the pressure of covering the #1's right away with Cromartie on the other side.

tjsunstein 04-29-2013 08:07 PM

Xavier Rhodes or DJ Hayden. I'm not sure if Jamar Taylor is gonna be a top two corner this year with Grimes and Marshall but I like him too.

Edit: Since there's a poll, my official vote goes Rhodes.

marshallb 04-29-2013 08:18 PM

You're asking two questions, but expecting one answer...

As far as biggest rookie impact, I'll go with Milliner partially to avoid bias with Rhodes being a Viking, but also as ballerT said, he's not going to have to match up with #1s consistently, and he gets to stay in a very similar system as what he had in Alabama playing press man.

Most successful long term, I'll go with Hayden slightly. He's still coming back from an injury that shut him down for a long time even if he only missed a couple games, so I think he'll be limited a little initially plus he went to Houston, so the step up in competition could create a learning curve.

Due to the poll being extremely flawed like I pointed out at the beginning, I'm not casting a vote, though.

tjsunstein 04-29-2013 08:22 PM

My vote was for biggest impact this year. Long term, I'm going Tyrann Mathieu.

BallerT1215 04-29-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsunstein (Post 3352211)
My vote was for biggest impact this year. Long term, I'm going Tyrann Mathieu.

Say what....

P.S. - I tried to be unbiased and not vote for Rhodes. So Milliner it is.

DcmRulz 04-29-2013 08:31 PM

I voted for biggest impact. I think Milliner is most successful long-run, but Trufant will help his team most in 2013-2014.

tjsunstein 04-29-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallerT1215 (Post 3352219)
Say what....

P.S. - I tried to be unbiased and not vote for Rhodes. So Milliner it is.

I believe in the kid. Weekly drug test, Patrick Peterson mentoring him on and off the field, and I like what I'm hearing about the role he'll play for Arizona.

BallerT1215 04-29-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsunstein (Post 3352249)
I believe in the kid. Weekly drug test, Patrick Peterson mentoring him on and off the field, and I like what I'm hearing about the role he'll play for Arizona.

I just don't think he'll ever be a starting CB. He'll be able to find a niche of covering TE's and WR's in the slot, but that is all i see. He did get drafted into the best possible scenario with having Peterson there to watch over him and save him from his own stupidity.

P.S. - Did I ever tell you how fly your sig is?

tjsunstein 04-29-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallerT1215 (Post 3352256)
I just don't think he'll ever be a starting CB. He'll be able to find a niche of covering TE's and WR's in the slot, but that is all i see. He did get drafted into the best possible scenario with having Peterson watching over him.

In today's NFL, that's essentially a starting CB. I'm interestedto see if he'll get a look at safety.

Haha, nah man thanks. Im not really sure where I got it, whether or not it was someone from here or not. I forget, but I cant take credit for it. Gonna rep it through the playoffs then its up in the air for who's next. I liketo rock one for 4-5 months atleast so its gotta ge dope. Appreciate it man

BRAVEHEART 04-29-2013 09:35 PM

TACKLE 04-29-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjsunstein (Post 3352196)
Xavier Rhodes or DJ Hayden.

One of these two. Feel pretty comfortable in saying that they are solidly above the rest of the CB's in this class. Still can't separate the two though. Flipped a coin to decided who was higher on my final board.

ChiFan24 04-29-2013 11:29 PM

I took the field because it's probably the best bet, statistically speaking. Also because I like Leon McFadden as much as any other corner in this draft.

Also, not to be an anit-Vikings homer or anything, but I don't like Rhodes in Minnesota. They play too much off coverage. I think he's gonna look pretty bad at times. Of those four names, give me Hayden.

TitanHope 04-30-2013 03:19 PM

Rhodes was my favorite CB last year, but man that's a rough division for a rookie CB.

Megatron, Jordyz, and Marshall all twice. Once he gets his feet under him, though, it'll be fun watching a CB with his size and speed going up against those big WR's.

Nastradamus 04-30-2013 03:35 PM

I go back and forth on Rhodes and Milliner. I think MIlliner is a fantastic fit in NY, where Rex really knows how to use a physical CB like him and he gets to play opposite Cro. Rhodes is a stud and also gets to play opposite a guy who covers #1s in Cook, if he's not in jail of course. I really think Rhodes can be a lockdown type. He'll struggle with smaller, quicker WRs most likely, but he's a great matchup against the big WRs that Minny faces like Calvin,Nelson and Marshall.