Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Tebow would be a backup in Canada (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56624)

stlouisfan37 04-30-2013 03:25 PM

Tebow would be a backup in Canada

I found this article to be rather interesting. The Montreal Alouettes, who own Tebow's rights in Canada, are fully stocked at QB and, according to their GM, Jim Popp, they are not pursuing Tebow because he would be a backup at this point.

Harsh.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jaguars...185056080.html

WCH 04-30-2013 03:32 PM

Well, yeah, the guy sucks no matter what the state of Florida thinks.

SuperPacker 04-30-2013 03:33 PM

If he wins games in the NFL, imagine how many he would win in the CFL. The Alouettes are making a mistake. It would be the start of their dynasty.

Denver Bronco56 04-30-2013 03:41 PM

Yeah, Tebow might not have the skill set for the NFL...BUT YOU CANT TELL ME HE ISNT BETTER THEN SOME DIVISION 3 scrub that probably wasnt anything special in HS even... He easily would be the biggest name and an elite talen in CFL.

critesy 04-30-2013 03:52 PM

im not a cfl fan but i do live in canada. do you guys a) realize who the alouettes qb is and b) know that the cfl is a PASSING league.

WCH 04-30-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 (Post 3352891)
Yeah, Tebow might not have the skill set for the NFL...BUT YOU CANT TELL ME HE ISNT BETTER THEN SOME DIVISION 3 scrub that probably wasnt anything special in HS even... He easily would be the biggest name and an elite talen in CFL.

Division 3 scrubs don't make the CFL. Overall, D-III guys are only nominally better than HS players.

Denver Bronco56 04-30-2013 04:19 PM

That is irrelevant, because like it or not Tebow's game translates very well to CFL. and he was one of the best College dual threats ever, just not accurate enough for the NFL passing game...but in the CFL you dont have to be Peyton Manning accurate to succeed

stlouisfan37 04-30-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by critesy (Post 3352904)
im not a cfl fan but i do live in canada. do you guys a) realize who the alouettes qb is and b) know that the cfl is a PASSING league.

He is 39 years old and the greatest QB ever in the CFL. I guess there is probably a lot of loyalty and he would be allowed to play as the starter as long as he wants, kind of a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady type of guy.

That being said, he isn't more talented than Tebow. Tebow and his circus are just too much drama. No GM and coach want to be constantly questioned about a player, especially one with as many performance issues as this guy.

Trogdor 04-30-2013 04:32 PM

But he wins GAMEZZZZZZZZZZ. Tebow would be a beast if he embraced his inner Frank Wycheck and moved to TE or FB. Toss in a couple trick plays and he could potentially be a 60% passer. Granted on 10 attempts a year it's still an improvement.

Which team in the NFL or Canada couldn't use the hand of God pushing their team down the field at the end of games? Superbowlzzzz gentlemen.

That being said if I were friends with Tim Tebow I would never ask him to toss me the remote out of fear he would break my TV, window, or door with one of those throws.

J255979-11nine 04-30-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 (Post 3352934)
That is irrelevant, because like it or not Tebow's game translates very well to CFL. and he was one of the best College dual threats ever, just not accurate enough for the NFL passing game...but in the CFL you dont have to be Peyton Manning accurate to succeed

It's a 3 down league with wider fields and a heavy spread offensive identity. He's not going to do a whole lot with his read option ****.

Denver Bronco56 04-30-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor (Post 3352951)
But he wins GAMEZZZZZZZZZZ. Tebow would be a beast if he embraced his inner Frank Wycheck and moved to TE or FB. Toss in a couple trick plays and he could potentially be a 60% passer. Granted on 10 attempts a year it's still an improvement.

Which team in the NFL or Canada couldn't use the hand of God pushing their team down the field at the end of games? Superbowlzzzz gentlemen.

That being said if I were friends with Tim Tebow I would never ask him to toss me the remote out of fear he would break my TV, window, or door with one of those throws.

Unless it was coming down to the last few seconds and needed to change the channel to catch the end of the game, he would put it right on the money..or he would run it over to you haha jk

But I dont cant fathom that he wouldnt start on most teams in the CFL that didnt have their version of Peyton Manning already starting.

J255979-11nine 04-30-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 (Post 3352959)
Unless it was coming down to the last few seconds and needed to change the channel to catch the end of the game, he would put it right on the money..or he would run it over to you haha jk

But I dont cant fathom that he wouldnt start on most teams in the CFL that didnt have their version of Peyton Manning already starting.

BECAUSE HE IS TERRIBLE!! THATS WHY!

WCH 04-30-2013 04:42 PM

He might not be very good at passing, but he does have SEC speeedzzzz.

Zycho32 04-30-2013 06:52 PM

Put me down on a Dark Horse bet that Tebow will turn to Rugby.

Wootylicous 04-30-2013 06:54 PM

I don't want to see Tebow play for my hometown.

Brent 04-30-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by critesy (Post 3352904)
do you guys a) realize who the alouettes qb is

why the **** would I know that?

Saints-Tigers 04-30-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent (Post 3353116)
why the **** would I know that?

Lmao! My first thought as well.

josh07039 04-30-2013 08:01 PM

I looked up who the Alouettes Qb is and based on his numbers and career, I can understand Tebow being a backup. This Anthony Calvillo dude has almost 450 career td passes. Hes first all time in passing yards for the CFL. He sounds like hes a pretty epic CFL player.

MassNole 04-30-2013 08:30 PM

Montreal also has the rights to Vince Young.

Dr. Gonzo 04-30-2013 08:51 PM

Tebow is a much worse QB than Calvillo. I would not at all be surprised if by next year his rights are traded to the expansion Ottawa Redblacks.

SickwithIt1010 04-30-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo (Post 3353200)
Tebow is a much worse QB than Calvillo. I would not at all be surprised if by next year his rights are traded to the expansion Ottawa Redblacks.

Is this guy legit? Could he make an NFL roster? Or could he have, from the sounds of it he sounds very old.

49erNation85 04-30-2013 10:23 PM

Y'all can go **** your selves and stop hating on the man. If had started and done good last season y'all wouldn't be saying this crap . And to even think he's going to Canada y'all are dumb and so is the NFL for thinking about making it a story. I'm pretty sure if Pat White can land on a Tebow can as well. Give it time some team will take him. They just didn't want to waist a trade on him.

SickwithIt1010 04-30-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 49erNation85 (Post 3353273)
Y'all can go **** your selves and stop hating on the man. If had started and done good last season y'all wouldn't be saying this crap . And to even think he's going to Canada y'all are dumb and so is the NFL for thinking about making it a story. I'm pretty sure if Pat White can land on a Tebow can as well. Give it time some team will take him. They just didn't want to waist a trade on him.

robert pancake gallery 04-30-2013 10:32 PM

tebow could probably make it work in the CFL where he is less likely to be facing defenses with the freakiest athletes in all of sports blitzing the **** out of him. i don't remember his accuracy ever being as bad as it was with the jets in florida when he was throwing with his natural shoddy mechanics.

SickwithIt1010 04-30-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robert pancake gallery (Post 3353289)
tebow could probably make it work in the CFL where he is less likely to be facing defenses with the freakiest athletes in all of sports blitzing the **** out of him. i don't remember his accuracy ever being as bad as it was with the jets in florida when he was throwing with his natural shoddy mechanics.

Well it helped that Urban put him in a 1 read offense, and the athletes that they had at the time were good enough to make it work.

Watch the guy run the read option and the guy makes the wrong read so many times it's comical.