Draft Countdown Forums

Draft Countdown Forums (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pro Football (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Ron Jaworski's QB Countdown (http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56966)

The Alex 07-10-2013 04:53 AM

Ron Jaworski's QB Countdown

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-re...-qb-countdown/

Might as well discussion QB Rankings while we're in the deadzone of the offseason. Sanchez should be 32, there's no reason whatsoever that he isn't the worst starting quarterback in the NFL after last year. Also;

Quote:

31. Jake Locker

K Train 07-10-2013 08:49 AM

I think ponder is better than weeden.

Funny how vick goes from on top of the world in 2011 to 25 and a nobody in 2013

mightytitan9 07-10-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Alex (Post 3400540)
http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-re...-qb-countdown/

Might as well discussion QB Rankings while we're in the deadzone of the offseason. Sanchez should be 32, there's no reason whatsoever that he isn't the worst starting quarterback in the NFL after last year. Also;

Jaws HATES locker, the sooner we realize this the better

CheeseCurd12 07-10-2013 11:23 AM

Well done The Alex, well done.

The Dynasty 07-10-2013 11:37 AM

Maybe I'm bias but I really don't see why Ponder is that low and gets all this hate. Hopefully now that he has more talent for receivers than the past couple years, he can prove he is worthy of being higher.

K Train 07-10-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dynasty (Post 3400676)
Maybe I'm bias but I really don't see why Ponder is that low and gets all this hate. Hopefully now that he has more talent for receivers than the past couple years, he can prove he is worthy of being higher.

Losing harvin blows for him, but he played very well the first half of the season. hes still very young and showed great accuracy, especially in the first half of the year. Id take ponder over weeden and bradford any day though

bigbluedefense 07-10-2013 12:00 PM

Can you list out who he has ranked currently?

I know he hates Locker. He thinks he's inaccurate and just kills him for it.

LonghornsLegend 07-10-2013 12:02 PM

What has Locker done to be ranked any higher? He's shown scattershot accuracy, no pocket presence, and injury prone, so beyond being a great athlete and having a huge arm, what positives of playing the QB position has he shown?

bigbluedefense 07-10-2013 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend (Post 3400687)
What has Locker done to be ranked any higher? He's shown scattershot accuracy, no pocket presence, and injury prone, so beyond being a great athlete and having a huge arm, what positives of playing the QB position has he shown?

Nothing. I was a Locker fan when he was in college, but I've come to terms that he's not a good qb. He can't read a defense, he looks at the rush, he has no pocket presence, no accuracy, injury prone. He's just not good.

And after saying all that, he's still better than Mark Sanchez. So he should be at worst 30.

LonghornsLegend 07-10-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3400688)
Nothing. I was a Locker fan when he was in college, but I've come to terms that he's not a good qb. He can't read a defense, he looks at the rush, he has no pocket presence, no accuracy, injury prone. He's just not good.

And after saying all that, he's still better than Mark Sanchez. So he should be at worst 30.

That's true. I was surprised that Sanchez was anywhere but 32, even the limited amount we've seen of Flynn was much better then Sanchez.

bigbluedefense 07-10-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend (Post 3400689)
That's true. I was surprised that Sanchez was anywhere but 32, even the limited amount we've seen of Flynn was much better then Sanchez.

The Gabbernator has 32 tattooed on his chest.

bigbluedefense 07-10-2013 12:12 PM

Speaking of Gabbert, the guy has a twitter account but only uses it for friends and family. So if you send him anything, he instantly blocks you. Even if it's a positive tweet.

Talk about being a douchebag. Not only does he suck at football, but he's also very unlikable as a person.

mightytitan9 07-10-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend (Post 3400687)

He's shown a lot of positives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNgGQA5j_PE

Obviously he still needs work, but the improved supporting cast, improved receiver play, and improved play calling/scheme all should greatly benefit Locker.

I know I'd take him over a couple guys listed ahead of him right now, but It's tough to really knock Jaws that much for listing him where he does. I'd still take him over Kolb, Sanchez, Henne without thinking twice about it.

K Train 07-10-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3400691)
Speaking of Gabbert, the guy has a twitter account but only uses it for friends and family. So if you send him anything, he instantly blocks you. Even if it's a positive tweet.

Talk about being a douchebag. Not only does he suck at football, but he's also very unlikable as a person.

Blame Gabbert

bigbluedefense 07-10-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 3400698)
Blame Gabbert

Quite possibly the funniest nickname in football right now.

You know you suck when your coaches are calling you that.

mightytitan9 07-10-2013 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3400690)
The Gabbernator has 32 tattooed on his chest.

Jaws actually considers him the backup to Henne at this point so he's not ranked

mightytitan9 07-10-2013 12:24 PM

QBs listed so far
Quote:

No. 32 Matt Flynn
No. 31 Jake Locker
No. 30 Kevin Kolb
No. 29 Chad Henne
No. 28 Mark Sanchez
No. 27 Christian Ponder
No. 26 Brandon Weeden
No. 25 Michael Vick
No. 24 Ryan Tannehill
No. 23 Carson Palmer
No. 22 Sam Bradford
No. 21 Josh Freeman
No. 20 Alex Smith
No. 19 Andy Dalton
No. 18 Cam Newton
No. 17 Philip Rivers
No. 16 Matthew Stafford
No. 15 Tony Romo

bigbluedefense 07-10-2013 12:27 PM

It's not a terrible list so far.

LonghornsLegend 07-10-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightytitan9 (Post 3400694)
He's shown a lot of positives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNgGQA5j_PE

Obviously he still needs work, but the improved supporting cast, improved receiver play, and improved play calling/scheme all should greatly benefit Locker.

I know I'd take him over a couple guys listed ahead of him right now, but It's tough to really knock Jaws that much for listing him where he does. I'd still take him over Kolb, Sanchez, Henne without thinking twice about it.

Can you tell me what he does well at the QB position without posting a youtube link? Because if you left off throwing the ball far and running fast I highly doubt he's shown the ability to consistently do it.

P-L 07-10-2013 12:33 PM

There are not six starting quarterbacks worse than Brandon Weeden.

K Train 07-10-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3400706)
It's not a terrible list so far.

When it comes to jaws i like his input about QBs about a million times more than grudens

bigbluedefense 07-10-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K Train (Post 3400711)
When it comes to jaws i like his input about QBs about a million times more than grudens

Jaws and Merril Hodge get way too much hate. Especially Hodge.

Gruden is good on draft day. He's actually honest for a change and not trying to suck up.

vidae 07-10-2013 12:41 PM

Woah the Chiefs have a top 20 QB. That is different.

Mufasa 07-10-2013 12:43 PM

This list makes me think about how strong the QB position is right now. It wasn't too long ago that once you got outside the top 10-12 the rest were garbage.

K Train 07-10-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigbluedefense (Post 3400712)
Jaws and Merril Hodge get way too much hate. Especially Hodge.

Gruden is good on draft day. He's actually honest for a change and not trying to suck up.

I think he brings good insight for some things, gets a little too football lingo-y for the average fan and that makes him sound dumb on the air. I do not like how he LOVES every single player on game day, where they are just his favorite whether they are a STer or a HOFer

Jaws and Hodge are great i think, gruden thinks hes the QB master of the universe but i really like jaws' breakdowns.

Marriucci is incredibly underrated too i think, shame hes on that shithole that is NFLnet